Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stallordd's Apology Video

ToxicTroublermaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZYSJFNbVP8

Today our beloved SFM animator and lore guru, StallordD, uploaded a video declaring his giving up on his projects and such.

He claims that he has been lying to himself this whole time, that he isn't good enough when there are those better than him.

He believes that we are better off without him. He could never be more wrong.

The following is the comment I put on the video:

Hold your horses mate you don't get to checkout that easily, especially when the reason you're leaving is a complete lie.

You say you're lying to yourself? Well you're damn right you are.

You're lying to YOURSELF about the reason that you're leaving us.

No one else does what you do in the Warframe Community. No one else makes "What we know" videos. No one else delves into the lore like you do. No one else makes awesome SFM animations for Warframe like you do.

No one else IS you.

So stop sulking and accept that you ARE loved and treasured by us ALL. The only lie you have told yourself is that you're not good enough and that you should stop trying.

The only way to be better than what you think you are is to STOP. GIVING. UP.

In the immortal words of Shia Labouff: JUST DO IT. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I not the only one who believes that what he does is unique and good and a beneficial core element of this community?

Am I not the only one who believes that we ARE better off WITH HIM HERE?

Am I not the only one who believes that the only lie told today is the one claiming he isn't good enough?

he needs some R&R 

you should do something because you love to do it

the amount of pressure we put on ourselves mentally can be enormous and the mind can burn out just like the body

disconnecting from everything your invested in then changing and transitioning can be painful but its worth it 

stallordD wherever you are you are always welcome and appreciated here (but maybe this choice and action will lead to better things for you)

The content and editing he does is a billion times better and lore more in depth than any other youtuber out there. One should never measure they're worth from the ones above them, rather look at your worth from where you began. Nobody gains the world in a day, they only get as much as the effort they put. Good luck Stallordd, and whatever you pursue on doing, never give up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The 'What We Know' videos are some of my favourite Warframe Community things!
They replaced Yuikami's comics!
And I have no idea how to properly help someone with depression without sounding like an &#!.

...and I have no idea what I am saying anymore.

His content is by far the most informative that there has been regarding Warframe lore. That, and his good sense of humour and actual focus in putting up real content instead of gouging out scream-filled videos everyday like some people that iv'e seen uploading in the 'tubes.

Probably wise to actually cook up something for him in the meantime he's taking a hiatus from Warframe. He'll go back sooner or later.

I have varying opinion of the video content StallordD creates and we have had notable disagreements, however I'd like to quote Neil Gaiman on the subject of writing, and it applies to animating or, for that matter, any creative endeavor.

When people come to me and say, ‘I want to be a writer. What should I do?’, I say, ‘You have to write.’ And sometimes they say, ‘I’m already doing that. What else should I do?’ I say, ‘You have to finish things.’ Because that’s where you learn from; you learn by finishing things.

The way to do things well, is to keep doing them.

Edited by SilentMobius

If he's not up for it anymore, so it will be. These things you should not do for fame, for money, etc but for the fun of making it. If you have lost the fun of creating your own content, I do believe one has to stop if he feels like it. Content created without the full dedication will never be perfect and one can rather quit on his peak than be remembered as he who got worse and worse

even if he goes someone else will take the torch. not that Lore is considered a Priority in Warframe anyway.

and before you're all like "But muh update 18! we'll know moar!", no. we won't, we'll just get more Cryptic stuff that can be interpreted every which way but loose. the truth behind the Tenno won't be handed to us on a silver platter.

i have seen that the first time since i play warframe, didnt know that this things exist and from my view it is really welldone, lots of work, effort, mindpower

i dont know why he share now this video above

would like to hear more from him about as well as i would not stop if i would be he and if i would have time for ^^)

hey, stallordD, tell us more whats going on, is it about U 18 ? your welcome to share what you feel and think ! (^^

ps: and i will check out today all his videos on his youtube account, its the world-wide day of men today, i think a good bottle of wine and stallordD's lore videos are a good way to hang out today ...

Edited by reyley

I have just a few things to say.

These things, you do them for fun. If you lose that, then it's okay to not make them anymore. It's okay.

But you know something? The day an artist dies, is the day he looks at his work, and thinks I'll never be as good as others, and quits.

There will always be someone better, someone who has given 120% to your 110%, has a bit more luck, a bit more skill. But that's life, and that it doesn't make your work any less amazing. You work is yours. The fact that you made it makes it unique. No-one can make it again, it's done. It's unique, and this feeling of creation, this feeling of making something that has never been, yet is, and never will be again, is beautiful. And that is why we make art, because it brings us closer to the moment when all things were one, where we catch a glimpse of what made us, what we are.

So, StallorD, I did respect you. You were doing your own thing. Now that you think nothing is good enough because you can't be someone else, you lost that. I am sorry, but it's the truth.

If you ever find the drive again, I hope you realise your foolishness. I don't know what made you come to this conclusion, but what will make or break you is whether you can do the right thing through it. 

Edited by Evanescent

i have seen that the first time since i play warframe, didnt know that this things exist and from my view it is really welldone, lots of work, effort, mindpower

i dont know why he share now this video above

would like to hear more from him about as well as i would not stop if i would be he and if i would have time for ^^)

hey, stallordD, tell us more whats going on, is it about U 18 ? your welcome to share what you feel and think ! (^^

ps: and i will check out today all his videos on his youtube account, its the world-wide day of men today, i think a good bottle of wine and stallordD's lore videos are a good way to hang out today ...

If he wants to keep it private, then its his choice.

But if you are reading this StallordD, if you want to leave then go ahead. But did you make these videos to be famous, or for fun? If it's the first then I would say that you are hella popular in the warframe community, and that if you weren't decent at what you do then you wouldn't have won the election. That was a damn good video man. But if you want to seek greater heights or if you feel like you weren't getting the attention you wanted, then I guess you should go.

But I don't believe that you should do this stuff for fame and attention. As artists, we do enjoy a bit of that if we can have it, but we primarily should create this for ourselves. Did YOU enjoy what you were doing? Did YOU have fun while you were doing it, did it matter to you and did it make you proud of yourself? Make art for yourself and don't give a S#&$ about what others say and nine times out of ten (and I believe for you, here in this community this is one of those times), popularity and fame will follow. But those shouldn't be the end goal. The end goal is the journey you have taken.

And if the quality is not up to your standards, if it really matters to you then don't give up but make it better. Improve, ask for feedback from others. And also accept that what you create isn't perfect. We artists and really people everywhere face that paradox of striving for perfection yet knowing we cannot reach it.

It boils down to if you are doing this for extrinsic or intrinsic things, for fame or for fun. If it was all extrinsic then I hope you find the thing that makes you happy (which should be intrinsic). But if it was at all intrinsic, I would recommend you reconsider.

Either way good luck out there, and do what makes you happy.

I have one thing to add to this.

Perfection is like water, no matter how hard you try to hold it, some drops will allways escape.

That is why we form comraderies, link our talents together.

That is how we make our dreams come true, how we grow and how we learn that the lonely road is not the best one.

The only question worth asking is,

Do I feel pride about what I have done?

If the answer is yes, nothing else matters.

This is really heartbreaking.

StallordD-

No matter what field or area you choose to apply yourself to, there will always be someone in this big wide world that is better at it than you. And that's okay. You don't have to be the best at something, you just have to be genuine, be yourself. I can assure you that everyone here values and respects you.

Think about everything that you've learned and how you've grown as you've made your art and videos. Think of the blood, sweat, and tears that you devoted to make it this far. Any experience that makes you a better person than when you started - regardless of the outcome - is not time wasted.

I wish you all the best during your period of reflection, and would like to thank you for everything that you've provided for us til now.

I refuse to accept this.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry to the fanbase, I'm sorry to StallorD, but I have to say "no" to this.

You're not leaving. I refuse to allow it. You think you're no good but you're MILES above anyone else. I don't know WHO is telling these things to you, but... No, just no. You're not going anywhere. You're going to get back here, you're going to continue to do what you do and you're only going to get BETTER at it - from the kind of quality you think you aren't giving to us to the kind of quality you think you'll never be able to obtain.

It's just that simple.

You're not going anywhere, Stall. You're better than you think you are, and if you're telling yourself otherwise slap yourself across the face, looking a mirror and say this:

"I wont let myself defeat myself. I'm better than I want to admit to myself. I can only get better."

You aren't allowed to give up.

Your FANS wont let you.