The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

yeah Saryn's biggest weakness is surviving a hits from heavies at the 50+ level matk and is basically another Vauban when it comes to lasers << 1-2 hits and they are done.. what a waste. I seen some good  and bad tweaks and changes  I am still playing around with her at high levels and thats the biggest issue with her.  Saryn has been one of my top 5 frames but since the rework she has lost too much in the survivability dept.

one of her skill should have some form of stealing mechanics whether it be health shield or armor per tick with the damage it dishes out and scales with the level enemy so she dont suck as bad as now.

Struggling at sub 60m, yeah. . . you're good.

Old Saryn at least could've used two fours to room clear in a third of the time.

Even original Saryn was more functional than your footage.

Yes, because that's that's the kind of game play we need more of.

I rather like Toxic Lash and melee in general.

But hey everything can always be better.

If Toxic lash applied its block% as an actual DR number like Mesas shatter shield it'd be nice.

That'd be about 75% DR with 185-190% PWR str.

I already use it for the Block% buff but it's from the front only. Making it a DR number would give you 360 protection.

Edited by Ziegrif

Edit: doesnt seem to work like I'd hoped. No matter what attack I used, I would get only toxin ticks of ~20-30. Its either still really buggy or I don't understand the mechanic fully.

Yes, i have been trying to increase the numbers with weapons but i havent found anything.they doing the same dmg per tick regardless of dmg i'm doing to em..i wish it scales with weapons dmg.

Also, Molt pretty much getting destroyed very fast at higher levels. maybe a 4 sec invulnerable upon casting would be nice. that's coz enemies damaging molt and casting miasma just before they fully destroy molt boosting miasma. i don't get it.

Edited by 007-MusicalMind

I do think Miasma need to have 100% chance to proc corrosive per tick really, otherwise I don't feel it worth casting in any circumstances considered the current stage of it. Look at frost, his 4th doesn't kill anything beyond lv 50 or so but it provides 100% chance to freeze enemies and also 40% armor reduction to help out in late game making it still worth casting.  

If dev want saryn to be a debuff warframe then I don't think it's a problem to put corrosive proc on miasma at all...right?

And way more energy.

yes I forgot to mention that. now I must have 175% efficiency or else I must use restores

even when I got the max efficiency i sometimes need restores

how about reducing her base ability costs ? because it's terrible energy efficiency this way

This "rework" feels like DE was trying to nerf farming honestly. I have played many MMORPGs in the past, and Im starting to pick up another as well, so I know rotations/combos. I enjoy setting up my hotbars with my skills and going though what rotations I want to use. One hotbar for damaging skills, another for defensive skills, thinking about which skills to use at what time to deal the most damage or heal the most. I enjoy setting up macros for these games, when the devs allow for macros, as well. Pressing buttons in order is NOT complicated for me, so bare all this in mind, as Im sure alot of other people who are complaining play games that use rotations as well.

Saryn is complete and utter trash now, especially when compared to other frames. Warframe focuses on four buttons, 1, 2, 3 and 4, where a traditional MMORPG such as WoW focus on the 1 through = buttons and have atleast a dozen skills to choose from AND allow you to set up your hotbar how you want. Some MMORPGs also have a combo system in place, such as the Warden class from LoTRO, which grant you different effects or buffs depending on which skills you use and in which order. Sometimes using the 1, 2 and 3 skills will heal you, while using 2, 1 and 3 will grant you a defensive buff, while 3, 1, 2 will deal additional damage in that rotation. Saryn does none of this, so there is no reason to have her be a combo frame. Yes, having Viral/Toxin has Miasma deal more damage, but thats it. I can use my 100% status Ninkondi and achieve basically the same effect as using Spores/Lash. Theres basically no interaction between her kit right now, I have almost no reason go through a rotation with her. Theres also the cost of her rotation when compared to a nonrotations based frame like Oberon or Volt. Why would I want to spend 225 energy base cost on a rotation, when I can spend 100 energy on a single skill, which have more pros when compared to Miasma? I can cc, restore health/shields and have a higher base range.

Theres also the reward factor when using a rotation. As I said, I enjoy setting up my rotations because I find it rewarding to see the end product. I enjoy seeing total damage I did in my rotation, or the amount of cc I did with my rotation, but Saryn does not reward me in any way. Theres no way to view the actual damage done or healed, you only see a percentage. Theres also nothing special about the rotation, other than increasing the damage. If I buffed my allies and could see I buffed them, I would feel rewarded, if I debuffed the enemies and could see it, I would feel rewarded, if I could view my total damage/healing, I would feel rewarded, but none of these things happen in Warframe (Though this is DEs first attempt at a rotational frame, so these things might be implemented later on, should they decide to make another rotational frame).

yeah Saryn's biggest weakness is surviving a hits from heavies at the 50+ level matk and is basically another Vauban when it comes to lasers << 1-2 hits and they are done.. what a waste. I seen some good  and bad tweaks and changes  I am still playing around with her at high levels and thats the biggest issue with her.  Saryn has been one of my top 5 frames but since the rework she has lost too much in the survivability dept.

one of her skill should have some form of stealing mechanics whether it be health shield or armor per tick with the damage it dishes out and scales with the level enemy so she dont suck as bad as now.

Her survivability was based mostly around Miasma before. Things that were dead weren't attacking you. Now that the entire process takes longer, she generally dies a lot easier. She definitely needs something to boost her defenses.

In the stream, they said it's because they know everyone uses Regenerative Molt, so they decreased her health to balance it around this optional mod. Yeah. Yeah.

Well.. since that is nonsense, because not everyone uses it, it just sounds like an excuse for a bad decision.  If they want to balance around stuff like that they need to give us a dedicated augment slot already, you the thing we have been asking for since augments were introduced.   Its not right to balance around something just because you assume people are using it.   I have regenerative molt, but find myself never equipping it because I don't need it. 

So then with that logic they should have gotten rid of regen molt and made it part of the skill. I mean all these noobs wont have that augment so what do they do? Forever hate the frame cause the never had the augment?

Or this, if they are just assuming everyone is using something so they decide to balance around it then they should just make it part of the ability 

it instead (that is much better and more fair) and change what augment for molt. 

Well seems that DoT and Warframe are two thing that won't fit together.

An enemy that does not die within a few secounds is usually powerfull enough to bring you down in a few seconds.

And again a nice idea got burrowed by Warframes abysmal scaling issues.

Couldn't agree more.

Everything you said defines what WFs meta is today, leading to our only way to counter it: CC. Which leads to the only way for us to be coutnered: deactivating our abilities.

That completely hinders the gameplay and stops WF from going to the next lv.

http://strawpoll.me/5926408

^Vote here.

My opinion is that Saryn got buffed.She looks much better now.She might not be the "press 4 to win" frame anymore,but she is much better now.

Tell me your thoughts below :D

PS4 get updated Saryn? Im not making any judgements till i get hands on experience with her. So far she looks promising if more tactical than before, its nice to see a powerset which synergises with each other.

PS4 get updated Saryn? Im not making any judgements till i get hands on experience with her. So far she looks promising if more tactical than before, its nice to see a powerset which synergises with each other.

Not yet.Im giving an opinion based on what I read from the update notes on Saryn's rework.Maybe my opinion will change after I try her out.

toxic lash is amazing using it on dark dagger that 6 swings a lv 90 heavy gunner turns it into 4 swings  using it on a heavy gunner after using spore turns it into 1 or 2 swings that in turn nuke the area around the heavy gunner with viral and heavy toxin damage. tomorrow i shall tinker with other melee weapons for the sake of science

Flat out lie, no dark dagger built "6 swings" a level 90 gunner without additional help be it aura and or other abilities. No melee weapon in the entire game kills a level 90 gunner with just spore and toxic lash in 2 swings unless something else has been stacked upon it or the target heavily.

You, just like the others make up blatant bullshiat for no sane reason at all other than to make a tool out of yourself. Do you think you win a price by making up stuff? It does not help anyone, neither the game nor DE not even yourself. 

Next time tone down the blatant over exaggeration and say something more believable.  

Edited by Numbsky1