Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do With My 3D Printer

Coatduck

So, for context, Hi all, I'm Alice. I designed my own 3d printer. I got the chassis back from the welder today. I have to throw together a few small parts, which will probably take me a few days at least. Troubleshooting will probably take me at least a week if I don't procrastinate. Such is the nature of a huge mechanical object.

I can print something up to a maximum size of 300 x 350 x 600mm, or about 12 x 14 x 24 inches for you imperial folks.

If you're into 3d printers, you know that is gargantuan, but I'll give some more details:
It's a Cartesian style printer, and it's currently got a .3mm nozzle on it. based on some rough maths I'd say it could probably do about .05mm layer height, but I imagine anything large-ish would take weeks to finish printing.

WswbeSQ.jpg

The scale of the thing doesn't really come through in pictures, but it is absolutely massive.

I have a huge number of things that I want to print, but I want to hear what you guys have to say. If I like something enough I'll print it. At the very least I'll get a kick out of it. Lets keep it as close to forum appropriate as we can, otherwise, go wild.

Print that one scene on the warframe opening screen where 4 tennos are surround by infested. Having that on a table to see would be pretty neat.

If thats too complicated maybe something like an orokitty like Noamuth suggested.

Edited by 321agemo

Inb4 the obligatory Clem Bobblehead.

Hmm maybe make a few little figurines of the warframes? or primes. in time that is don't rush it haha

Forma and Potatoes. Do it!

On the list!

Print some chocolate.

I'm afraid that's not how this works. I'd have to make a whole new extruder assembly, and honestly it's not worth the effort for something I'm just gonna stuff in my face anyway.

I'm afraid that's not how this works. I'd have to make a whole new extruder assembly, and honestly it's not worth the effort for something I'm just gonna stuff in my face anyway.

There are actually market ready (or almost market ready) 3D printers for chocolate and the like. Really interesting tech.