Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend Me My Next Warframe.

RBL3D

Question

Hi! Could you help me to choose my next frame?

I actually have this maxed ones (exilus/reactor):

Loki (my fav one) my choice for Sabotage, Capture, and any fast missions.

Oberon, not the best frame but it has a bit of defense and support.

Unmaxed ones:

Vauban (fun but weak), Nekros (a great disappointment, It needs lots of maximization to be worthy), Valkyr (not very interested at first but it´s a really tought frame even in low levels), Chroma (another disappointment, it´s ugly and short range tank)

I was thinking in Ember, Frost or Saryn. Not interested in Banshee, Trinity, Zephyr and Nyx mostly for low armor.

22 answers to this question

Frost, Volt, or Ember aren't bad choices. Nova is also another possibility, if you are looking for a real powerhouse.

I would maybe suggest you might want to try upgrading your Loki to a Prime, since your collection has several standard frames now.

Edited by Kthal

Thanks for the comments, I like the variety of opinions. About the armor, I don´t like to fall often in missions I don´t used to with Valkyr (Rage+Hysteria=Demigodmode) and Oberon (max armor 150 + renewal is the last one to fall). And I see lots of Nyx, Nova and Trinity to fall again and again.

I think I´m going to farm Frost, I think I´ve actually have some spares.

The first prime warframe is a posibility but I prefer to collect the syndicate demands first.

Thanks tenno.

Thanks for the comments, I like the variety of opinions. About the armor, I don´t like to fall often in missions I don´t used to with Valkyr (Rage+Hysteria=Demigodmode) and Oberon (max armor 150 + renewal is the last one to fall). And I see lots of Nyx, Nova and Trinity to fall again and again.

The first prime warframe is a posibility but I prefer to collect the syndicate demands first.

Thanks tenno.

Rage does not work well with a Hysteria build: You would be better off with an efficiency mod : Streamline, or more Duration as both increase efficiency then slotting Rage.

(Hysteria doesn't allow Rage to work at all) If building for survivability outside of Hysteria Rage on Valkyr works best with Steel-Fiber and Quick-Thinking .... Two mods that are useless if in Hysteria.

(Hysteria renders all Valkyr Armor and Health stats as irrelevant while in God-mode. Only her Shield value matters for Paralysis damage in Hysteria, which will be eclipsed by Hysteria melee attacks anyway.)

Zephyr with Turbulence basically does not get hurt from guns.

You say you have Loki Maxed (Exilus/Reactor) but I don't know what you Loki Maxed for.

I have a Valkyr with 9 Formas but she is not Maxed....she is purposely built for a Paralysis build. I have another Valkyr with 3 Formas for WarCry/Hysteria melee.

Trinity can be the built for Ultimate Survivability, but it does take some investment and playstyle change.

99% Damage Reduction is only 2nd to Hysteria/Slash-Dash/Rhino Charge/Landslide/Tidal Surge Invincibility: The listed dash-type attacks grant Invincibility only while performing the dash animation, where-as Hysteria is true Invincibility.

Self-harm Trinity with Max Duration for 99% DR Blessing is far from squishy(weak)

But it is taking full exploit of Quick-thinking and Blessing's Damage Reduction based on level of health when healed.

*People might say it is amount of health healed, but that is incorrect

-Casting Blessing at 2 health will grant 99% Damage Reduction

But if only at base 100% Power Strength only 85% health will be healed. Which is below 99%.

With 15% or greater additional Power-strength (so 115%+ Arsenal UI) all health will be healed*

With Arcane Aura helm : 307% duration is achievable

10-sec Blessing at Rank 3 with 307% duration is a 30-sec window of 99% Damage Reduction if using Self-harm.

Like a Power-throw QuickReturn Glaive Weapon modded with Toxin only damage. (As Toxin is straight to health bypassing Shields)

Once you get used to a Self-harm Blessing build, Trinity and any fellow Tenno in the mission do not go down easily.

-Very useful for leveling Companions (Sentinels & Kubrows) as they won't die if you keep up 99% Blessing renewal.

Frost and Ember are good choices to raise next and are diverse in modding aspects.

Frost- not needing duration

Ember- needing Duration mods

Not sure how you have your mods on Loki & Oberon, but if you have already invested in duration and Power Strength mods - I would recommend Ember of the choices you provided.

I think this should be on Players helping players, not on warframes and abilities

Also, whether you'll enjoy a frame depends greatly on your playstyle, try to give some info regarding that before asking for suggestions to get more enjoyable suggestions, instead of people suggesting just about every frame in the game.

Thanks tenno.

Again, who care about armor, Trinity can go 99% invisible and Zephyr can Deflect ranged assault. Armor doesn't even scale

Rage does not work well with a Hysteria build: You would be better off with an efficiency mod : Streamline, or more Duration as both increase efficiency then slotting Rage.

(Hysteria doesn't allow Rage to work at all) If building for survivability outside of Hysteria Rage on Valkyr works best with Steel-Fiber and Quick-Thinking .... Two mods that are useless if in Hysteria.

(Hysteria renders all Valkyr Armor and Health stats as irrelevant while in God-mode. Only her Shield value matters for Paralysis damage in Hysteria, which will be eclipsed by Hysteria melee attacks anyway.)

Zephyr with Turbulence basically does not get hurt from guns.

You say you have Loki Maxed (Exilus/Reactor) but I don't know what you Loki Maxed for.

I have a Valkyr with 9 Formas but she is not Maxed....she is purposely built for a Paralysis build. I have another Valkyr with 3 Formas for WarCry/Hysteria melee.

Trinity can be the built for Ultimate Survivability, but it does take some investment and playstyle change.

99% Damage Reduction is only 2nd to Hysteria/Slash-Dash/Rhino Charge/Landslide/Tidal Surge Invincibility: The listed dash-type attacks grant Invincibility only while performing the dash animation, where-as Hysteria is true Invincibility.

Self-harm Trinity with Max Duration for 99% DR Blessing is far from squishy(weak)

But it is taking full exploit of Quick-thinking and Blessing's Damage Reduction based on level of health when healed.

*People might say it is amount of health healed, but that is incorrect

-Casting Blessing at 2 health will grant 99% Damage Reduction

But if only at base 100% Power Strength only 85% health will be healed. Which is below 99%.

With 15% or greater additional Power-strength (so 115%+ Arsenal UI) all health will be healed*

With Arcane Aura helm : 307% duration is achievable

10-sec Blessing at Rank 3 with 307% duration is a 30-sec window of 99% Damage Reduction if using Self-harm.

Like a Power-throw QuickReturn Glaive Weapon modded with Toxin only damage. (As Toxin is straight to health bypassing Shields)

Once you get used to a Self-harm Blessing build, Trinity and any fellow Tenno in the mission do not go down easily.

-Very useful for leveling Companions (Sentinels & Kubrows) as they won't die if you keep up 99% Blessing renewal.

Frost and Ember are good choices to raise next and are diverse in modding aspects.

Frost- not needing duration

Ember- needing Duration mods

Not sure how you have your mods on Loki & Oberon, but if you have already invested in duration and Power Strength mods - I would recommend Ember of the choices you provided.

I use Rage on Valkyr as last resort to gain enough energy to enter Hysteria and refill health by counter-attacking.

I have Loki modded for invisivility (eficiency and duration) and oberon for range and damage.

I had no idea about Self-harm on Trinity, I´ll dig it.

Thanks for your wise help.

Necros doesn't need maximation but a good build.

Slap on

Rejuvination

Vitality

2Strength mods(i recommend blind rage+intensify)

2Duration mods(narrow mindet+continiuty)

Despoil

Equilibrium

And natural talent.

*Much shadows

*good duration even if you use weak mods

*Perfect health/energy management

The ideal on this build is blind rage R8+Intensify and you can replace one duration mod or natural talent with shield of shadows for a tanky result, once you have narrow mindet maxed.

You get better results with maxed mods of course but midgame ranking is more then enough to make this build work. And its AWESOME.

His shadows are pretty cool. Theyr AI has become pretty active lately and they take care of scaling damage and aggro to an extend that they're able to replace a frost with ease. His efficiency game is pretty weak(and i would've agreed with you some time ago) but desecrating spawns health orbs before anything else. Using despoil makes health the energy source and equilibrium gives you energy and health for both orbs, meaning: health cost-you regain the used health with the orbs-you regain energy in the same step.

This combination makes him STRONG and rng free, while the whole group profits from the loot and orbs. You can even replace the whole management with more stats or shield of shadows with a ev trin in your group.

Seriously. Don't scrap him before you tried playing him like that.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I use Rage on Valkyr as last resort to gain enough energy to enter Hysteria and refill health by counter-attacking.

I have Loki modded for invisivility (eficiency and duration) and oberon for range and damage.

I had no idea about Self-harm on Trinity, I´ll dig it.

Thanks for your wise help.

Self-harm Trinity is self sustaining

Energy Vampire won't give back instant energy, but you kill the enemies with Guns to replenish energy in bursts.

12014993_10205500418489870_7924005379058

12027384_10205500422449969_1032212978380

Away from PS4 at the moment, but My Trinity Prime is same build but with Lightning Dash in Exilus adapter.

Also I replaced Glaive with Cerata for Self+harm

Vauban also utilizes Glaive Explosive weapons with Bastille granting 400% melee multiplier.

Infinite Punchthrough weapons like Ignis, Embolist, Redeemer Charged shots work very well with Vortex. (Along with explosives and chaoning weapons: Amprex/Atomos/Torid/Stug/etcetera)

Nekros with Terrify as a panic button provides decent survivability especially if paired with 90% Damage Reduction build with Shield of Shadows.

Hydroid, you should always pick Hydroid as your next frame. Even if you own Hydroid or your previous 'next frame' choice was Hydroid, you should still pick Hydroid. You won't regret picking Hydroid, ever, that's why you can do it several times, pick Hydroid that is.

pick Hydroid subliminal message

Frost is a good utility frame just to have. I would definitely go with Frost.

He can get you through tough missions in a pinch, especially if you're in a rush to get through a defense or a nightmare mission.

Frost is my "okay, i just want to beat this mission right now" no hassle frame. (but then again you do have a Loki)

Edited by Hypernaut1

Thanks tenno.

Trinity...fall? U WOT M8