Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Need No Forma?

ThorienKELL

Question

Any melee weapon that's good, they don't really need forma unless you want to use just the +90% elemental mods. With dual stat mods any melee can do without forma and with full builds.

As for primaries, it's not that great. Syndicate primaries are great in this matter, they all have 3 innate polarities. To add to that sancti tigris doesn't require any special build, like some crit weapons that are forma hungry. You can have a pretty decent build on tigris prime with a slot or two left open.

In secodnaries, it's worse. Hikou prime from what I remember has 2 innate polarities, but other than that I don't recall anything. And it'll still leave you with good 3 slots open, at least 2. And hikou doesn't have that ridicoulus damage of sancti tigris so you'll feel it much more here.

All of this is of course with the assumption that you'll put a catalyst on the weapon.

The only weapons which come to mind as being notably powerful pre-Forma are the Syndicate primaries, which each have several polarities already installed. Unfortunately, they all require MR12 and trade/grind to acquire.

Also Dread, if you are lucky enough to get the blueprint, has two innate V polarities, making it ready for a decent (but not optimized) build.

Edited by Kthal

yeah, that sums up Melee Weapons.

and ONLY Melee Weapons.

even something nuts like Tonkor, to have your basic Damage Mods and have some cool Utility stuff, you'll have to Polarize.

though some Guns do come with good base Polarities (such as 2 V's, 1 V 1 Dash, Et Cetera). i'm not going to list all of the ones that do, because i'd be reading that off the Wiki anyways, so you can do it instead :p

but ones that come with good base Polarities, you can get away without Polarizing to have your basic set of stuff on.

Edited by taiiat

yeah, that sums up Melee Weapons.

and ONLY Melee Weapons.

even something nuts like Tonkor, to have your basic Damage Mods and have some cool Utility stuff, you'll have to Polarize.

though some Guns do come with good base Polarities (such as 2 V's, 1 V 1 Dash, Et Cetera). i'm not going to list all of the ones that do, because i'd be reading that off the Wiki anyways, so you can do it instead :p

but ones that come with good base Polarities, you can get away without Polarizing to have your basic set of stuff on.

Just a potato gets you enough space for serration, split chamber, and 2 90% elements, utility mods are nice but at the end day, launchers are launchers and you'll be using them to blow enemies the #?@! up.

Just a potato gets you enough space for serration, split chamber, and 2 90% elements

i mean, yes, you can get most of your basics on Tonkor without any Polarities but with a Potato.

9pbulhZ.png

and realistically, yeah, that'll be enough Damage to Kill anything below, like, lv70 or so.

you could say i just have a high bar of standards for certain types of Weapons.

i mean, yes, you can get most of your basics on Tonkor without any Polarities but with a Potato.

9pbulhZ.png

and realistically, yeah, that'll be enough Damage to Kill anything below, like, lv70 or so.

you could say i just have a high bar of standards for certain types of Weapons.

Yeah, I am going to get around to 5-forma'ing my tonkor, ogris, and secura penta sooner or later, but every time I think about it I realise that some other weapon needs that forma a whole lot more Edited by rapt0rman

Just a potato gets you enough space for serration, split chamber, and 2 90% element

It's a crit weapon. And it needs only 4 forma to unleash it's full potential.  

2 - Seration, Split Ch.

2 - Point str, vital s.

2 - Corrosive pair

2 - Fast hands, terminal veloc. 

I mean you could go without corrosive pair if you need to. Things you don't want to remove are first pair, critical pair and terminal v. 

They are absolute must have.

It's a crit weapon. And it needs only 4 forma to unleash it's full potential.  

2 - Seration, Split Ch.

2 - Point str, vital s.

2 - Corrosive pair

2 - Fast hands, terminal veloc. 

I mean you could go without corrosive pair if you need to. Things you don't want to remove are first pair, critical pair and terminal v. 

They are absolute must have.

Yes, you'll need to forma it for it's full potential (as said, melee weapons are literally the only weapons with the possibility to have a completely maxed out build with just a stance, potato, and the polarities it comes with), but above you taiiat also posed a perfectly good build with no forma at all, (and terminal velocity is cool and all, but it's totally optional).

Edited by rapt0rman

What are good weapons that need no forma, because they maybe have enough of innate polarities themselves? 

Example would be dragon nikana, 2 polarities and enough to fill her with all the right maxed mods, no forma needed. And it's an awesome weapon on top that. 

As others have said, it's only really melee weapons you can get away without much in the way of forma.  For "endgame" stuff, every ranged weapon needs a potato and 3-4 forma, even 5 sometimes. 

Tiresomely, some weapons that come with polarities have annoying or useless polarities, and sometimes in odd positions, so you have to re-forma them anyway.

Essentially, every weapon needs its damage, its multishot, 3 or 4 elementals (whether 90% or dual stat with status), then crit chance and multiplier (if it's got more than 15% base crit) or extra-extra damage from drain-heavy things like Heavy Caliber/Magnum Force (if the weapon can take the accuracy hit), or now and then other drain-heavy oddities like Lethal Torrent, Hammer Shot, etc.  Once you start getting all that schizz in, you need around 4 forma, but you need all that schizz if you're doing anything between 20 (mins)/20 (waves) and 40/40, and beyond.

It's ok, you just keep thinking that, more people knows how to build this weapon properly, longer it will be left alone /unnerfed.

; )

Dude, it makes your grenades go a little faster, that's a great bonus, but it's in no way, shape, or form, a requirement.

Is this a thread about high standards, or is this a thread about "weapons that need no forma"? Because you asked the question, and I promise you, the non-forma'd tonkor with no polarities at all can go as far into any mission as as any of the non-forma'd syndicate primaries with 3 innate polarities.

Edited by rapt0rman

No such thing. All weapons are much better with forma. It just depends how much effort you're willing to put into any one weapon (some aren't really worth the effort).

Any weapon you like and use regularly should be strongly considered for forma use. They get just that much better with every one you put in. Like all things there is a point of diminishing returns, but if it's good, it's better with forma.

Dude, it makes your grenades go a little faster, that's a great bonus, but it's in no way, shape, or form, a requirement.

Actually it raises weapon usability dramatically by removing his biggest flaw - grenade travel time. Precision, even with high ark grenades is no problem, I can put my grenade anywhere I want on screen even to reasonably higher medium range, or to carpet bombard long ranges with 90%+ precision margin. Travel time on the other hand limits you to shooting to stationary targets mostly, any moving target or God forbids, lateral moving target, crawling target or flying target may be a problem with a tonkor - everybody misses sometimes with tonkor, if they say they don't, they lie but with terminal v. this flaw is minimized almost completely.

If you are skilled user of tonkor, terminal v. allows you to use it as borderline, lowest precision grade, shotgun. Shotgun with 100x damage od shotgun which eradicates whole rooms. Why would you ever want to do a shotgun instead of this beast? I swear, people towing around their heks are ridiculous to me. And that is his biggest problem, it's so good that anything else seems like major step down, and things like that make a game boring. I have 3-4 favorite secondaries, melee weapons but I'm reluctant to put forma on anything but tonkor for now as primary. Nothing even comes near. Have to try that sinoid simulor thou, only time someone outdamaged me in void defense mission. 

I would argue that terminal v. is his most important, essential mod. I would sooner give up my serration then this, and wouldn't even feel it as bad, in 99% of times.