Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno The Wait Is Over! I Bring You Jolt!?

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

Question

On PS4 console Baro brings a plain mod called Jolt for pistol....gee thanks Baro!!

Some dual stat mod for electrical......gee thanks....sarcasm.

Whats next? a plain vitality, redirection or an ammo drum mod on next visit?

Thanks DE for the double resource drop weekend but its been soiled or spoiled by what we got from Baro.....yuck!

25 answers to this question

This mod is unobtainable anywhere else in the game at the moment on consoles and PC as far as I know (some one please correct me if I'm mistaken!)- I don't even think transmuting has a chance to give it to you.  

It was only obtainable through by completing an event called Tethra's Doom which introduced the Hi-jack missions on Ceres + the awesome Ceres Grineer Ship-Yard Tileset.

It was the 2nd major event ever on Ps4 (After the Cicero Crisis).  I'm not sure what # event it was on PC, but electric + status dual stat mods for rifle, pistol, shotgun, and melee are currently the only dual stat status + damage that you can't obtain through other missions "such as "Spy etc..."  It is actually a very sought after, really useful mod.  I see it sell for 100's of platinum all the time.  Status + Damage on a gun with high base status already is nassssty!  & By nassssty I mean awesome :-)

Even if you don't like it, you could surely sell it for a pretty penny.

EDIT:  Also, moving this to Players helping Players!

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

On PS4 console Baro brings a plain mod called Jolt for pistol....gee thanks Baro!!

Some dual stat mod for electrical......gee thanks....sarcasm.

Whats next? a plain vitality, redirection or an ammo drum mod on next visit?

Thanks DE for the double resource drop weekend but its been soiled or spoiled by what we got from Baro.....yuck!

Sure, ok, I'll take the rare event mod being up for open distribution if you don't want it.

Really!?  That is awesome!  I definitely missed those patch notes.  Do you know if it was after 17.7.1?  AKA (Not obtainable on consoles yet through Hive Caches?)

It took a significant amount of digging but I think I found it. 

It arrived with the Jordas Precept in 17.5. Oct. 1st for PC. A search for "Hive" after using ctrl+f will highlight the appropriate info as the first result.

It was bundled with the Oct. 27th release on PS4. Expand the "Additions:" spoiler and search for Hive to see the info here.

The appearance of Jolt on PC Void Trader predated the release of the set into the PC build. It would appear to be an unfortunate bit of timing that the console rotation aligned such that the set was already obtainable when Baro decided to sell it.

Edited by arKRazor

It took a significant amount of digging but I think I found it. 

It arrived with the Jordas Precept in 17.5. Oct. 1st for PC

It was bundled with the Oct. 27th release on PS4.

The appearance of Jolt on PC Void Trader predated the release of the set into the PC build. It would appear to be an unfortunate bit of timing that the console rotation aligned such that the set was already obtainable when Baro decided to sell it.

Thank you very much for the info!  

Yeah that does make it a little less appealing I suppose, but it is still a worthy item for sure.  If anything I am willing to bet it's probably extremely rare from hive caches, as I've run QUITE a few of these on PC and PS4 and i've never seen the Jolt mod.

i'm not going to discount that as a possibility, but i'll be skeptical unless i see it for myself / atleast a Screenshot.

I won't claim the wiki to be flawless but the relevant page lists the Tethra set on the rewards table. A number of comments corroborate. Take it as you will.

Edited by arKRazor

Well since it is on the Wiki, I think we can assume they are there, but probably are as rare as some stances / other event mods etc... which is actually a good thing, as this most definitely still makes it a very viable Baro item on PC or Consoles, IMHO.  I definitely don't remember reading any patch notes that mention them being obtainable from Hive missions now.  

I would definitely not mind seeing some proof of this as well, though, because I thought I was losing my mind for a moment.

Going to dig a bit deeper and see if I can find out if this is an error in the Wiki, or solid info.  

I'll post back here if I can confirm or de-confirm!

EDIT:  Also, TY everyone for the helpful info!

Really interested in this, definitely would give me a reason to do those missions more.  Also, hi Crackle!  The RIP Crackle on primetime made me laugh way harder than it should have XD

Ohhh noooo hahaha...  Well, as I suspected it has hit the forums!  

I am glad that it made you laugh though!  :-)  

To be honest I am just glad they finished it successfully!  I was salty for sure... but only because I wanted to be there and help all the way through, not because I didn't get any rewards.

It was slightly embarassing to quit out of a trial on accident in front of several thousand people...   but eh.. what can you do?  Everyone makes mistakes :/  haha...

It was not in vain however!  I did manage to revive Server before owning myself in the face!

Ohhh noooo hahaha...  Well, as I suspected it has hit the forums!  

I am glad that it made you laugh though!  :-)  

To be honest I am just glad they finished it successfully!  I was salty for sure... but only because I wanted to be there and help all the way through, not because I didn't get any rewards.

It was slightly embarassing to quit out of a trial on accident in front of several thousand people...   but eh.. what can you do?  Everyone makes mistakes :/  haha...

It was not in vain however!  I did manage to revive Server before owning myself in the face!

Yeah, I used to have a terrible internet connection before I hardwired in.  Had a couple of disconnects doing Crota as swordbearer and the relic holder in Vault of Glass in Destiny, and when I finally got back in, the team had failed.  Really bad feels when that happens.

By the way, awesome demo of the trial - warts and all (second nerve) makes for SUCH a better demonstration than total pwnage.

Thank you very much for the info!  

Yeah that does make it a little less appealing I suppose, but it is still a worthy item for sure.  If anything I am willing to bet it's probably extremely rare from hive caches, as I've run QUITE a few of these on PC and PS4 and i've never seen the Jolt mod.

PC and PS4, don't know how ya do it 

Jolt +pistol pestilence both give damage +status chance, you can combine them to get some very good secondary weapons do very high status chance, most of my favorite secondaries have 50-70% or more status chance, and they usually combine radiation and viral. 

So it's not mod that needs to "better" but you ;)