Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, Do More Unique Frames.

Kainosh

All those  "Wukong" , "Nezha" and "Robin hood" ....we have enough of em everywhere.

I think that using "popular" characters as a base for warframes reduces Warframe uniqueness.

"Stamps" are....kinda meh. They can be really well made....but in the end those are just copies.

Anyway...Thats how i feel about all these upcoming frames.  Too much copy. 

+1 to more unique & original frames.

-1 to re-skinning & re-using old abilities for a new frame.

Dont just say we need Unique frame...Gives Ideas.......

I'm sure there's more than what DE can handle.

Edited by low1991

What do you mean by that

Unique due to abilities?

Looks?

Theme?

All of the elementals would be considered typical themes.

Loki and Ash are your basic assassin /rouges.

I agree that the 2 china frames are basicly carbon copies of their lore but

Archor isnt bad. Pretty standard

Totally agree with wukong/nezha. I blame changyou entirely and don't want to see this continue...

Do not agree with Artemis (what I call archer until officially named). She is DE's classic unique spin on stuff that merges several inspirations into a unique design and set of abilities. Not straight up copying existing real world legends like wukong/nezha.

lol DE be dropping cowboys, magicians, pirates, robinhood into a spaceninja game

it feels like DEADLIEST WARRIOR looool

genghis khan vs red riding hood.

League of legends has a mashup of characters, but they still have connections to an integrated world lore

alot of these frames are just aesthetically and contextually out of place

Edited by hukurokuju5

Everything about Warframe is unique.

Archerframe is unlike any other archer type I've seen in other games, both in skills and looks.  Uncouple Nehza (SP?) and Wukong from legend and they're pretty unique as well.

If anything, Ember, Frost, Volt, Mag and Banshee should be on your list because there's nothing unique about elemental based abilities/characters.

Well, in the time it takes to get a unique frame, many frames might have been released. So in the end, you have fodder to play with until that unique frame comes so give them time/ideas.

The fodder frames are ok to play with while waiting for that unique frame.

Everything about Warframe is unique.

Archerframe is unlike any other archer type I've seen in other games, both in skills and looks.  Uncouple Nehza (SP?) and Wukong from legend and they're pretty unique as well.

If anything, Ember, Frost, Volt, Mag and Banshee should be on your list because there's nothing unique about elemental based abilities/characters.

Nah. Nezha and Wukong are not unique.   Because name , looks  and abilities were just taken from legend and turned into a warframe.

Playable deities? Leave that stuff to SMITE.   No more such frames plz.

Though i agree about Archer.  Dunno why I included her.   

Nah. Nezha and Wukong are not unique. Because name , looks and abilities were just taken from legend and turned into a warframe.

Playable deities? Leave that stuff to SMITE. No more such frames plz.

Though i agree about Archer. Dunno why I included her.

Like I posted, uncouple those 'frames from the legend and they're fine.

Take out the Nezha legend, and we have a male fire frame. Call him Coal or something. Take out the Wukong legend, and we just have a male wind 'frame. Call him Dervish or something.

If playable deities is an issue, we need to remove Loki as well as Atlas.

Edited by Noamuth

I think the difference between Wukong and say...Loki, is that w/ Loki, yes the name and overall theme is similar to his norse counterpart, but while my Norse Mythology knowledge is a bit rusty, I recall Loki(the deity) to be a shapeshifter...not a dude who turns invisible while handing out stun batons to his enemies. Meanwhile, Wukong(the warframe) walks on clouds and has a size changing staff, which sounds awfully familiar.

Having said that, I honestly don't really care about the obvious homage, as long as the end result actually looks like a warframe and doesn't blatantly conflict w/ current warframe lore.

I think the difference between Wukong and say...Loki, is that w/ Loki, yes the name and overall theme is similar to his norse counterpart, but while my Norse Mythology knowledge is a bit rusty, I recall Loki(the deity) to be a shapeshifter...not a dude who turns invisible while handing out stun batons to his enemies. Meanwhile, Wukong(the warframe) walks on clouds and has a size changing staff, which sounds awfully familiar.

Having said that, I honestly don't really care about the obvious homage, as long as the end result actually looks like a warframe and doesn't blatantly conflict w/ current warframe lore.

Loki was known as the trickster right so this loki takes that and sorta goes with the i cause chaos wherever i go thing like switch teleport trolls and breaking enemy toys xD true loki couldve gone shapeshifter route but wukong is missing some key elements to his namesake as well

While you make a good point, I feel I have to point out that Loki was known more for his mischief than his shapeshifting.  

As to his Tenno aspect not reflecting his Norse as closely as Nezha and Wukong, there are a lot of myths and legends about him to choose from, the same with those two.  DE is probably going with the more well known/documented versions to help entice the Chinese players.

I think I've already mentioned this but, these 'frames are geared more towards helping the China players feel a connection than anything else.  (imo) Just like the universal build has a wide range of 'frames to choose from, there's a little bit of everything for most players to be able to connect to.    

Would you be as interested in a game that had a roster of unknown characters (ones that are obviously based off mythos) or, would you like to play a game that has those same characters in addition to one or four that are familiar to you?

Loki was known as the trickster right so this loki takes that and sorta goes with the i cause chaos wherever i go thing like switch teleport trolls and breaking enemy toys xD true loki couldve gone shapeshifter route but wukong is missing some key elements to his namesake as well

Right, the overall theme is the same(both Lokis are tricksters), but the abilities themselves are based on the overall theme(trickster), rather than being based on Loki, specifically. If anything, Invisibility makes me think of Hades or Hermes(coincidentally another trickster god). Meanwhile his look makes me think of a jester, yet another example of the trickster archetype. I guess another way to put it is that Loki was given his name because it fits the overarching theme he represents(trickster). Whereas Wukong is not merely a name that fits the theme, but is the theme itself.

I think I've already mentioned this but, these 'frames are geared more towards helping the China players feel a connection than anything else.  (imo) Just like the universal build has a wide range of 'frames to choose from, there's a little bit of everything for most players to be able to connect to.

I see this kind of response popping up over and over again. Here's the thing though, unless changyou specifically asked DE to make literal representations of their deities, what would have really stopped DE from making the homage and references necesary while still making the frames their own thing?

I mean the names, the appereances and even some references in the powers would have been okay, and they could have still all be made to fit a unique theme for the overall frame rather what we have now. Case in point, as far as I am aware (could be wrong) Excal has two abilities that make references to legendary sword mythos yet they still make complete sense next to each other and to the entire kit and theme as a whole.

Bluntly thought, I imagine Wukong could still look the same and be named the same while following a theme that could allow the references of his abilities to remain there, say for instance a gas frame (the state of matter, not the game element), one that could maniputale it's shape, density, etc. that would make perfect sense for cloudwalk and could even be translated to his staff as being made of highly compressed gas (plus some space magic to make it hurt) that would even justify the size changing.

While you make a good point, I feel I have to point out that Loki was known more for his mischief than his shapeshifting.  

As to his Tenno aspect not reflecting his Norse as closely as Nezha and Wukong, there are a lot of myths and legends about him to choose from, the same with those two.  DE is probably going with the more well known/documented versions to help entice the Chinese players.

Would you be as interested in a game that had a roster of unknown characters (ones that are obviously based off mythos) or, would you like to play a game that has those same characters in addition to one or four that are familiar to you?

Are any of Loki(Warframe)'s abilities actually based on Loki(Norse)'s stories, though(honest question)? I know they're both tricksters, but "trickster" is a generic theme, rather than belonging to just Loki(Norse). Other than the name, is there anything that ties Loki(Warframe) to Loki(Norse), specifically, as opposed to some other trickster like Hermes or Puck?

As I said earlier, I have absolutely no problem w/ the Wukong(Warframe) nor do I have any problem w/ Nezha, for that matter. In fact, I rather look forward to playing as them when they're finally globally released. But I do think think they are distinct from other warframes in that they're obvious representations of specific characters, not only in their names, but in their appearances and abilities as well, as opposed to the other warframes that have their appearances and abilities based on generic themes(granted some of whom have names that are references to specific characters).

Nezha is extremely unique compared to what we have... you go MORE unique and you get limbo and you ALL whinged about him. Hes not based on anyone but thread after thread moaning about everything from his powers to his appearence means i hope DE continues this approach.

How people can get excited about an archer theyve NOT seen in play yet bemoan Nezha who we all have is beyond me. Its bias against the chinese concepts as theyre getting judged before anyones even played them... (meanwhile people fangasm over reworks to three year old frames lol - Logic there somewhere)

I have some theme ideas: Cyborg(master of robotic), gravity-guy(mag use magnetism not gravity), weather(like storm from xmen),buffer (to buff stats?), time traveler(name:Chronos), summoner(forgot nekros), light and lasers, Frame who use chemistry, support archwing. More, more and more.

Edited by AstroLord

How people can get excited about an archer theyve NOT seen in play yet bemoan Nezha who we all have is beyond me. Its bias against the chinese concepts as theyre getting judged before anyones even played them... (meanwhile people fangasm over reworks to three year old frames lol - Logic there somewhere)

While there are some individuals with odd reasonrs for complaints, the Archer frame (while an archetype) is it's own thing entirely, it's actually unique. But the chinaframes? I don't think I need to repeat it again, but unlike practically every other warframe that exists the chinaframes are literaly what they're named after, they are not their own unique thing but a specific character translated into warframe. Naturally some people are dissapointed in this since knowing DEs work they could very well have made those two their own unique things while still keeping the chinese lore references istead of just pasting the powers of the deities and calling it a day.