Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De! Y U No Man At Arms?!

VectorWolf

DE! Why won't you contact Man At Arms: Reforged at AWE me, to make some weapon from the game?! It would give you mad props from the weapon nerds, and made the game even more popular! Other devs/publishers already did it, with most recent example being cane-sword from the newest Assassins Creed.

Just imagine. Hand forged Skana or Hate or even D.Kamas Prime. *drolling intensifies*

is not up to DE, its up to us, we need to spam their videos with our suggestions..

What are we waiting for than?

frankly i'd rather someone else make replicas, someone that would use the correct grade materials to make functional versions rather than just decorative ones.

Dude what? Their weapons are legit as buck.

The newest ones:

Tell me those aren't functional and are only for decoration.

Tell me those aren't functional and are only for decoration.

they make Decorative Weapons.

the wrong grades of materials are used most of the time. grades which would be fine to construct a building with, but a complete nono for making a Weapon.

it's not entirely their fault though, correct forging and metallurgy techniques have been forgotten for thousands of years, and we need to read ancient documents and learn about our own history to remember the correct ways to make different styles of Weapons.

Edit:

i'd prefer to see a weapon that is unique to warframe while still being possible irl

Glaive is pretty indicative of Dark Sector and Warframe, and while it would certainly require a Master to use effectively in Combat, it would be effective in the hands of one.

Edited by taiiat

The meteor sword was functional

functional, and usable as a Weapon, are very different things.

correct grade Steel to make a Weapon out of, would be SO strong - your Hydraulic Hammer is liable to break trying to flatten the Ingot into a more workable piece.

Steel that has achieved the correct Crystalline structure is basically indestructible while still having enough give to not shatter.

make no mistake, the grades of Metals being used there are chosen for being 'good enough for something that will be tossed into a Warehouse' and easy to work with.

not chosen because it's Weapons grade Metal.

correct grade Steel to make a Weapon out of, would be SO strong - your Hydraulic Hammer is liable to break trying to flatten the Ingot into a more workable piece.

Steel that has achieved the correct Crystalline structure is basically indestructible while still having enough give to not shatter.

make no mistake, the grades of Metals being used there are chosen for being 'good enough for something that will be tossed into a Warehouse' and easy to work with.

I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. It's not like they are making the weapons for combat, so why the big fuss about proper material grade and functionality?

Im not trying to be salty but as I have some experience in the metal world I can shed some light on the situation. First of all there is no metal that we know of that is so "strong" that it can not be flattened under a hydraulic hammer when heated. The hammers hit at minimum of 1.5tones which is far stronger than any human being in existance has ever hit and even if you could find someone who could swing that hard they whould have to hit the.metal atleast 5times per second to match the hydraulic hammer.

The steels they use are most of the time over kill for what they use them for, do you know how strong spring steel is? Its not "cheap and tacky" at all its used make car leaf springs for a reason. Spring steel is stronger than the materials used to make orignal katanas which would normally be a carbon based steel that has been folded numerous times but, its full of imperfections unlike steel made by precision based technology.

From a previous comment you made you noted that forging techniques have been "lost" lol wut? They have never been lost they have been improved upon by modern blacksmiths that make there blades even stronger than the blacksmiths from eons ago.

I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. It's not like they are making the weapons for combat, so why the big fuss about proper material grade and functionality?

Slightly thought the same and wondered why taiiat is giving such a damn as to whether they're functional in combat.

I imagined they'd be fitting for cosplayers, not actual fighting. Don't think it actually matters provided they aren't flimsy and poor in quality, which these don't seem to be.

Edited by Naith

Ok, you could bring a sword to a gun fight in this day and age. See how that works for you :)

by that off topic logic:

you could bring a Gun to a Cruise Missile fight.

you could bring a Cruise Missile to a Strategic Bombing fight.

you could bring a Strategic Bomber to an ICBM fight.

using the right materials would mean it's actually useful, instead of just a decorative waste of resources.

Edit:

provided they aren't flimsy

compared to the correct Metal compositions they are :)

Edited by taiiat

by that off topic logic:

you could bring a Gun to a Cruise Missile fight.

you could bring a Cruise Missile to a Strategic Bombing fight.

you could bring a Strategic Bomber to an ICBM fight.

using the right materials would mean it's actually useful, instead of just a decorative waste of resources.

My point was that in this day and age, it isn't practical to use close quarters weaponry like swords and axes. Said weapons are only good for decorations now. To make a giant fuss over it is silly.

it isn't practical to use [insert Weapon here] because there's always a better one

FTFY

it's not a useful point of contention because the same applies to all technology.

everything is pointless because there's always something better.

i'm finished with being off topic, especially since it's walking in circles of complaining that i actually have a bar of standards and therefore i'm the odd duck out when those without standards should be.

cant be a precision balanced weapon as it is needed for "professional use"

you need a lot of more love and time for a weapon for a good trained precise hand and mind

the ancient swordforgers wasnt there for doing it in such a short amount of time "today" ...

a emotionally overwhelmed mind with hack'n'slash will not be able to "guide" a weapon and die by the blinking of an eyelid ^^)

Put it this way, Taiiat: Why would a replica sword from Warframe need to be made out of weapons-grade material? No army's ever gonna use them in an actual war. The closest thing to "action" that I imagine these replicas are likely to see is when some guy grabs one off his mantelpiece to chase off a burglar with. And I doubt that that would require a sword made of weapons-grade metal. 

Sure, it's good to have standards. If some company in China started making Skanas that were made out of cheap plastic crap, I wouldn't want one. I'd much prefer a nice metal one that's obviously been made well. But does it have to be weapons-grade metal? Hell no. Having standards is good. Thinking logically is good, too.   

BTW, you don't happen to go by the name of "Ringwraith #5" on another forum, do you? You remind me of someone. 

Edited by Arvenski