Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons In The U18 Teaser (Avoid If You Dislike Spoilers)

mindlord0013

For those that haven't been following the U18 teaser site, get on it. Every 24 hours they release a promo code, which will unlock something extra once U18 is released. There are 6 promo codes total, and we're up to number 3. The site can be found here:

https://warframe.com/seconddream/

The first teaser showed the stalker, with some text about the Second Dream, while the second showed us the Moon, and some lore about it. Today's teaser showed us some new weapons, and hinting about the sniper reworks. If you hover over the Warframes, it highlights them in full colour, and also helps to see the weapons they're holding. If you're not aware of this you might have missed it, because it can be a bit hard to see everything in mono-colour.

800c3iu.png

Aside from an epic-looking new sniper, it seems we're getting a new Blade & Whip weapon already, only a few weeks after the release of the Mios. I must say, I'm a massive fan of the Mios. It makes me wonder if this new Blade & Whip is going to be a side-grade, upgrade, or downgrade from the little infested snapdragon. I've already invested a potato into my Mios, so I'm hoping the the upcoming weapon isn't just a straight upgrade.

P.S UPDATE 18 HYPE!
P.S.S In the time it took me to edit this image and write this post, 3-4 other threads on the same topic came up. D:

Edited by mindlord0013

What I think is interesting is the style of these weapons. They definitely aren't Grineer, Corpus, or Infested. They do have some sleekness that you might expect form tenno or orokin weaponry, however, the mysterious curvatures on the castanas and that weird glass bar appendage on that sniper has a dinstinctly sentient look. Not to mention that the teaser highlights that we will get these guns from an enemy. We've been doing that for years, there'd be no reason to highlight that being a thing unless its a new enemy.

I wonder about the last weapon mentioned in the last sentence in the flavor text. Of the 3 weapons we can see there none of them looks Corpus, Grineer or Infested to me but yet its from "the hands of a enemy". Mabye we will finally get to see the first weapon from the sentient faction.

The Sniper looks pretty awesome, I like how they've made it have a very large scope that runs the full length of the Barrel, somewhat reminiscent of early U.S. civil war Marksman Rifles. my question though is will it be a straight upgrade over the regular Vectis? both are Single Shot rifles, but it would be a shame if this new one completely outshone the Vectis, people still argue about whether or not the Prime is better.

the Castanas-type secondary look pretty awesome, and Castanas aren't in a good place right now. hopefully these new ones will have some kind of awesome new effect rather than just Zapping things. and again, will they be straight up better than Castanas?

I'm very surprised that it looks like we're getting another Blade & whip Melee, when the Mios isn't even on Console yet, but I still love the way it looks. the Shark-Fin shaped spikes on the blades remind me of the Akjagaras slightly, I like them a lot. at the same time though, other Melee types need love too, especially the Machetes.

overall, looking forward to the new firepower!