The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] How Do You Get More Lenses?

Flareux

Question

I've put a focus lens on my volt ( and i regret it ) but i wanna know how i get more so i can give my supra one. You also need 4 for at "Greater" focus lens... 

Anyone got an idea on how to get more. Nothing in the market or sold for plat.

Edited by Flareux

Unless sortie, nope.

It amazes me to see so many people who put it on something useless xD

I know it's not your fault, it wasn't precised anywhere how the lens works, but the outcome is sad.

I really hope we have a better way to get them...

It's not useless... it gives you a "5th ability"

What does the lens do?

As i understand it, it only acts as exp converter so your exp gained will increase your "focus  exp".

The Focus ability is always available, independent of these lenses.

right?

Exactly.

The problem being that you can only convert the affinity earnt by the weapon/frame that has the lens on.

Meaning that if you have it on the hek, only kill made by the hek will grant you exp.

It won't work with kill made by your other weapon nor your warframe or your teamate.

Exactly.

The problem being that you can only convert the affinity earnt by the weapon/frame that has the lens on.

Meaning that if you have it on the hek, only kill made by the hek will grant you exp.

It won't work with kill made by your other weapon nor your warframe or your teamate.

Wait, how does this work out for Warframes?

Say I were to install a lens onto my Loki. Would it be a complete waste, since the Loki warframe is virtually incapable of directly killing anything? Or would it take affinity from all of your weapons and/or your teammates' kills or something?

Say I were to install a lens onto my Loki. Would it be a complete waste, since the Loki warframe is virtually incapable of directly killing anything? Or would it take affinity from all of your weapons and/or your teammates' kills or something?

It takes direct affinity earned in a mission and converts a percentage to focus.  On Loki that means affinity earned for things like Spy mission success would actually be really good.

However it does give a general edge to weapons or frames that can output more kills.  Moving AoE killers like Ember or Equinox work well. Atamos also works well.

That means unless exp given by interception capture / spy vault / and stuff like that, (and casting an ability) you won't get any point for your focus.

Installing this on loki is pretty much a bad idea in my opinion, unless if the convert rate is good enough to do spy vault.

That means unless exp given by interception capture / spy vault / and stuff like that, (and casting an ability) you won't get any point for your focus.

Installing this on loki is pretty much a bad idea in my opinion, unless if the convert rate is good enough to do spy vault.

Your Frame gets a portion of Affinity on every weapon kill, so e.g.

a full stealth Loki's 500% Affinity bonus should at least somewhat make up for the lack of ability kills.

Uuuuh... the 5 lenses are in the rotation.

Where?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401181547225451622/9866F2BF4F8860DA9246292CBFA6E3F717E27C44/

as you can see, i only have Madurai and Vazarin in there.

Then there are Dera and Karak parts, Legendary Core, Reactor and Catalyst, and 25 Cores.

So 15 Rewards, if we dont get duplicates thats one for each day, still, only 2 Lenses in the Rotation

Edited by LazerusKI

Did they even explain this is previous dev streams? It's ridiculous how we were all blind to this feature with no proper explanation. I added the lens to my Valkyr without thinking. I assumed it worked like attachments (edo armo etc) and could be equipped to any other frame. Boy was I wrong.

Where?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401181547225451622/9866F2BF4F8860DA9246292CBFA6E3F717E27C44/

as you can see, i only have Madurai and Vazarin in there.

Then there are Dera and Karak parts, Legendary Core, Reactor and Catalyst, and 25 Cores.

So 15 Rewards, if we dont get duplicates thats one for each day, still, only 2 Lenses in the Rotation

I don't know, scroll maybe ?

I put mine on my Synoid Simulor, figured I should put it on a strong weapon that I use a lot, so I don't have to be stuck using the same warframe while I farm for the focus, which I don't think it the dumbest thought to have had, but obviously should have put it on a warframe and hit the cap after 2 Draco runs. 

Really like the new feature, but hate how little we knew going in to it, since I chose what I now consider the most useless of the paths....

i cont scroll down any further.

can you show me a screenshot with the "complete list" then? maybe its just another ui bug then, i cant see the full syndicate mission table either

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401181547226987030/2B2F2F4D5379E97C5F362B0A7DDD158C17682559/

Yeah you definitely have a scroll bug.

Here :

RF5ZHbz.jpg

(enjoy nef anyo, it's a free bonus)

A mate had already messed up and put his on a chroma, now he is forever stuck using chroma.  I put mine on my Syndicate Tigris as I take it everywhere with me, then today got the lens that my mate had chosen as his focus, so quick trade and an agreement that we shall trade each other if we get the lens that the other person is currently using.