Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Second Dream Spoilers] I Should Have Listened To Ordis.

I split the veil and showed the dream, and I really don't like what I saw.  We're.... anime teenagers?  Seriously?  And we TALK?  And the in-mission pop-ups, don't get me started.  I seriously do NOT like this at all, so I guess I'm one of those people who DE said the reveal would rub the wrong way.  It's hard to quantify my reasons for disliking this whole set-up; possibly, it's due to how it utterly neuters any personality, personal motivation, or anything else you migh have applied to your Tenno.  Before, the frames had personality and character, and you were free to project onto them.  Now.. ugh. 

Having a voiceless, faceless protagonist worked so, so much better, and now I just feel disappoined and aimless about the whole thing.  The quest was so good up to the end, but now I know that we're just anime schoolchildren piloting what are essentially empty, thoughtless robots, and the game just isn't enjoyable for me anymore.  I think I need a long break.

Edited by DergyDergon

At least give us the option to seal the hoods, for those of us who don't want constant reminders...

Yes, I mean to be fair it really was that kind of twist I didnt saw comming. Until the End I couldnt imagine to see a normal looking child in this suit I saved.

STILL: the Warframe Broke War without the operator touching him, so there might still be some ghost in the machine...

A Gost that I still Identify myself with.

EDIT: Dont just seal the hoods, seal the whole control chamber thing... 

Edited by Dawn11715

I'm fine with the whole children thing, but I feel they've taken some of the brutality from the world, though I think it's how people are viewing them. That being as children, instead of violent warriors bound by honour and reverence to their Lotus. I'm advocating for more cruelty in the world to bring back balance.

I split the veil and showed the dream, and I really don't like what I saw.  We're.... anime teenagers?  Seriously?  And we TALK?  And the in-mission pop-ups, don't get me started.  I seriously do NOT like this at all, so I guess I'm one of those people who DE said the reveal would rub the wrong way.  It's hard to quantify my reasons for disliking this whole set-up; possibly, it's due to how it utterly neuters any personality, personal motivation, or anything else you migh have applied to your Tenno.  Before, the frames had personality and character, and you were free to project onto them.  Now.. ugh. 

Having a voiceless, faceless protagonist worked so, so much better, and now I just feel disappoined and aimless about the whole thing.  The quest was so good up to the end, but now I know that we're just anime schoolchildren piloting what are essentially empty, thoughtless robots, and the game just isn't enjoyable for me anymore.  I think I need a long break.

Sorry about your headcanon being destroyed.

This was part of the lore if you've read Ember or Rhino primes codex. Tenno were children

And also, kudos on the misinformation.

Edited by KJRenz

I said I was going to sleep in another thread. I lied.

Here.

The ghost in the machine is real. They're not empty by any means. I'm happy with it because I've taken the children on as another NPC in a growing universe. A mouth-piece, akin to 'that claptrap' Ordis.

And besides - 

I feel they've taken some of the brutality from the world

Tell that to Mirage and Limbo. The original Mirage probably died immediately of shock and trauma in the Lotus' arms after the Sentients obliterated her frame. Let's not get started with the horrible tragedy that was Limbo's limbs being split apart. And, of course, Stalker's intense self-hatred. You don't know brutal yet. Just because they're children doesn't mean DE can't push them towards the 'brutal' end of the tragedy spectrum.

This is not a damn kid's show.

(And besides, we all know we're eventually going to get more appearance packs anyway.)

Yes, I mean to be fair it really was that kind of twist I didnt saw comming. Until the End I couldnt imagine to see a normal looking child in this suit I saved.

STILL: the Warframe Broke War without the operator touching him, so there might still be some ghost in the machine...

Rhino Prime codex, the Warframes are Self-aware to some extend.

I really enjoyed the whole thing.

Especially that plot twist (physical body in the ship + focus) after a plot twist (reveal of the face) after a plot twist (carrying myself).

Seriously, my mind was blown, so awesome job DE!

Really hope we can expect more of this from now on.

This was part of the lore if you've read Ember or Rhino primes codex. Tenno were children

And also, kudos on the misinformation.

I'm going to take a bite at this kind of asinine response that is being copy-pasted thoughtlessly everywhere. With what little we had before there's is no way this outcome could have been possibly predicted in Ember Prime's lore, all it implied was that there were children aboard the Zariman who were supposedly the first Tenno, not once was it ever implied anywhere else that the Tenno remained as such. Edited by RahuHordika

I dont get how some people can be upset about this. I mean you can actually customize the look of your character, you know that right? Instead of projecting onto the warframes you can project onto your character. Now whether you like his/her age thats ofcourse up to you.

I think he's more upset about the fact, that the Tenno still ARE children/teenagers, considering the amount of time that has chronologically passed. They are at least 100 years old, if not more.

I love this update and everything in it, but like I've said on the Megathread, I would have preferred it if the creation menu had more options in it, such as gender, age, height etcetera. But we all know that's coming eventually, since some of the voices you can choose from make them sound like they're thirty.

I can't disagree with you more than I already do. Let's start from the beginning.

a) Operators are not children. They were children several centuries ago, before they were put in stasis. Since then they went through experiments, very harsh training, and several bloody wars that lasted many ages. Their last war is still goin on. If anything, they are adults (and quite old adults at that) in underdeveloped bodies. Take after our first space mama Margulis and see not with your eyes but with your mind.

b) I don't see how this neuters any sort of motivation you applied to yourself since then. You reconnected to your past, but your present is still the same and your fututre goals are still there. Everything you experienced since the first awakening is still true, so whatever conclusions you drew from that are also true. Your personality is still up to you, you even already had a chance to express it through dialogue choices.

c) I don't see how this removes brutality from the setting. If anything, it adds to it. Let's recap:

- Orokin sent a generation ship with children aboard to colonize the Tau system. These children were never to see home again for a mission they probably did not choose.

- They were put through harsh and abusive training to prepare them for their mission.

- They were changed, turned into something unhuman and dangerous for themselves and the others along the journey.

- They were persecuted for that.

- The only person who stood up for them and helped them in that moment was sentenced and killed. They were effectively put into freezer.

- Later they were fashioned into living weapons to serve cruel and selfish masters.

If that's not brutal to you, then you probably just haven't thought enough about it.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

I think he's more upset about the fact, that the Tenno still ARE children/teenagers, considering the amount of time that has chronologically passed. They are at least 100 years old, if not more.

I love this update and everything in it, but like I've said on the Megathread, I would have preferred it if the creation menu had more options in it, such as gender, age, height etcetera. But we all know that's coming eventually, since some of the voices you can choose from make them sound like they're thirty.

Well, considering Corpus can live for centuries now, it's not really farfetched to see why the Orokin couldn't prolong their aging for much longer, since they were technologically superior.

It should also be considered that for children, the Tenno are pretty damn mature and aware. They might be children even now because their exposure to the Void in the Zariman stopped them from aging physically. Might seem like a bandaid hypothesis, but it could be possible.

Also, to counter what someone said in this thread earlier, there's no reason for them to look more messed up. They were under the "care" of the most technologically advanced race of that time, prior to the Sentients at least. We're able to do miraculous reconstruction in our time, and it would only be vastly superior in the future.

Gender is selectable by the face you choose as it changes the body. 

I think it wasn't ghost, it was the operator controlling from a distance.

I have to say, I understand how some players might feel a bit "off" from the whole end of the quest, but I thought it was the greatest way any developer could have presented it. I mean, they were able to take a game with almost no story, no emotions, and somehow, at that last cutscene, make you attatched to someone you didn't even know existed! It was absolutely genius! -And with the score in the background tying the whole thing together? I felt like I was in a game that was closer to mass effect for a moment, than warframe. Overall, in my opinion, this was the greatest thing to happen to the game. Now I only wish we were able to walk around our ship etc. as the kid, I mean, I DID spend a lot of time to get him exactly how I wanted him to look ;)

I have to say, I understand how some players might feel a bit "off" from the whole end of the quest, but I thought it was the greatest way any developer could have presented it. I mean, they were able to take a game with almost no story, no emotions, and somehow, at that last cutscene, make you attatched to someone you didn't even know existed! It was absolutely genius! -And with the score in the background tying the whole thing together? I felt like I was in a game that was closer to mass effect for a moment, than warframe. Overall, in my opinion, this was the greatest thing to happen to the game. Now I only wish we were able to walk around our ship etc. as the kid, I mean, I DID spend a lot of time to get him exactly how I wanted him to look ;)

Exactly. Even if we have different opinions on the plot, I think we can all agree that the presentation was brilliant.

That moment when we "carried ourself", spreading one counsciousness over multiple bodies - that was so cool.

They're not children, they're Tenno. Children who were turned into dangerous, powerful super-children, by the Void and become something else.

Their physical bodies are those of children, but they ancient beings now; they fended for themselves till the Zariman was discovered, and then they invented a whole culture when they "became" Warframes.

It's kind of balanced on a razor's edge, and depends on your mood and presuppositions and all sorts of other things.  Looked at in a negative light, you could say yeah, "anime children", but you can look at it in a positive light, don't associate it too heavily with anime, and take it as given, as an s-f story. 

In which case it's excellent, and even quite emotionally engaging and ... dare I say it ... beautiful.