Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ivara's Prowl Get Another Effect Please?

jinxeverything

Ivara is a fun frame but like any utility frame you have to make a choice when you mod it and in this case her, do you want to mod her around her abilities or survivability?

When she get low on health and you have ability like Prowl you end up thinking "man what a great ability, i wish if it can steal health orbs when i am low on health T_T"

DE, can you make this a reality? can you? 

Not sure how you are trying to play her, but she's like Limbo and Loki. Her best means of survival is not getting hit in the first place, so her abilities are her survivability.

While I'm not against the idea you propose, I'm not sure it would ever happen because they very specicially created her ability set with the idea of avoiding direct confrontation. If it did happen, it would undoubtedly be as an augment. But I honestly don't see it being useful beyond soloing. Between the time it takes to steal anything and people running around shooting everything the moment they see it and not caring what you are doing, it doesn't seem like it would be something that would fit in the general gameplay flow :\

*Not sure how you are trying to play her, but she's like Limbo and Loki. Her best means of survival is not getting hit in the first place, so her abilities are her survivability.

No argument on this part.

*While I'm not against the idea you propose, I'm not sure it would ever happen because they very specicially created her ability set with the idea of avoiding direct confrontation. If it did happen, it would undoubtedly be as an augment. But I honestly don't see it being useful beyond soloing. Between the time it takes to steal anything and people running around shooting everything the moment they see it and not caring what you are doing, it doesn't seem like it would be something that would fit in the general gameplay flow :\

The thing is :

1. In Prowl, she moves slowly so she cant rush to anything to loot anything unlike Limbo, Loki or Ash who can just rush in when they press 2.

2. I think an augment should allow her to loot/ steal thing for the team, not health only.

3. In solo or coop, enemies seems to find even if i am careful not to reveal myself :/

4. If i want to do solo then having a mean of recovering my health is the best thing ever and swapping aura is not a good way for a frame that depends abilities to survive!

Edited by Prinny13

Not sure how you are trying to play her, but she's like Limbo and Loki. Her best means of survival is not getting hit in the first place, so her abilities are her survivability.

While I'm not against the idea you propose, I'm not sure it would ever happen because they very specicially created her ability set with the idea of avoiding direct confrontation. If it did happen, it would undoubtedly be as an augment. But I honestly don't see it being useful beyond soloing. Between the time it takes to steal anything and people running around shooting everything the moment they see it and not caring what you are doing, it doesn't seem like it would be something that would fit in the general gameplay flow :\

Went 40 min on the moon last night with Ivara. 173% duration, 250% range (with Cunning Drift), 130% efficiency, 40% strength.

Kept my squad alive by laying down stealth balls in various places and tranq arrows all over the enemy. While I was prowled on my fancy zipline. 20m in the air.

The thing is to avoid direct combat, but with enough range, you might be able to thief some stuff from the enemies below the zipline.

Edited by AirKrakenSupreme

I've been playing her very carefully doing exterminate stealth assassination missions and have had gotten a ton of use out of noise arrow and prowl, or even sleep arrow any time things need to die and are close. I'd say prowl is awesome and well, I don't ever really get hit or hurt now that I've learned how to use her tools to make a situation convenient for her (but also don't bump into anyone, the range is strangely large).

She definitely needs patience and a good amount of duration and efficiency though, and range for sleep/noise/grabbyhands. Her key to survival lies in setting up the situation, noise and sleep arrows, prowling...

God noise arrow is so funny. Man whatever they think is occupying them must be REALLY interesting the way they crowd around the point lol

the reason i am suggesting this is because some times enemies somehow know where i am and can harm me even though i am using silent weapon and don't spam my attacks!

So i do appreciate if DE would give Ivara's Prowl 25% chance to loot health ONLY when her health drops to 50% so to keep the ability somewhat balanced !

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ash/t_30_4203240030_2-0-10-4-7-5-5-6-5-7-2-5-8-8-5-13-3-3-49-5-6-411-1-10-479-4-10_2-6-411-8-7-9-13-7-479-7-49-6-5-9-4-9-8-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-1 So this is my current build for her + a power drift for 170% strength. Yes it says Ash but the site doesnt have Ivara yet. So it took actually only 3 forma, 2 V 1 D. This build is very fun to play with. The range is fine at only 100% being enough to keep the entire team inside 1 bubble. The damage is also great with this build and with the high duration prowl can be channeled a long time. And prowl lets you roll just like with spectral scream on Chroma and unlike SS you can still jump in Prowl.

Edited by rawr1254

I've been playing her very carefully doing exterminate stealth assassination missions and have had gotten a ton of use out of noise arrow and prowl, or even sleep arrow any time things need to die and are close. I'd say prowl is awesome and well, I don't ever really get hit or hurt now that I've learned how to use her tools to make a situation convenient for her (but also don't bump into anyone, the range is strangely large).

She definitely needs patience and a good amount of duration and efficiency though, and range for sleep/noise/grabbyhands. Her key to survival lies in setting up the situation, noise and sleep arrows, prowling...

God noise arrow is so funny. Man whatever they think is occupying them must be REALLY interesting the way they crowd around the point lol

i sometimes put a couple of sancti castana on the ground using navigator for the bonus damage before dropping the noise arrow so that the trap feels better otherwise a good kestral throw works wonders

• 5 weeks later...

Her prowl already does so much. Extra loot rolls, invisibility, increased headshot multiplier, increased melee stealth multiplier. That's quite a lot of things all rolled into one skill.

I agree with this.  Prowl is quite strong with all the benefits it offers, and you can still move fast enough by using the somersaults in conjunction with jumping, although it looks and feels hella stupid.

i would be partial to stealing health orbs in prowl actually regaining hp is her sole shortcoming when it comes to solo play

Step 1 : Equip a melee weapon.

Step 2 : Mod it with Lifestrike.

Step 3 : Channel and stealthkill someone.

Step 4 : ....

Step 5 : Profit.

I have to say that if you need health orbs stolen with prowl, then you have other issues with survival because Ivara is one of, if not the easiest frame when it comes to avoiding damage.    I mean I can go to wave 50+ and take 0% damage with her if I don't have to or don't want to revive teammates, because reviving teammates always gets you hit sooner or later. 

We have too many ways to heal already and adding health orbs to the loot table for using prowl just reduces the chance to get more interesting and valuable stuff.    If you need to heal, the first thing is evaluate what you are doing wrong that you feel so dependent on stealing health orbs.   Secondly look at alternatives.

- health restores

- vazarin focus power

- teammate heals/invincibility

- rejuvenation aura

- life steal mod

- loot lockers (they have lots of health orbs, but players don't bother looting them most of the time)

- pickup health orbs that enemies drop (if you kill a lot of them fast enough, you should have quite a few to pickup)

- equip equilibrium (it converts energy orbs to health and vice versa)

- equip quick thinking and a big energy pool...not healing but a pretty significant health buffer to keep you from dying easy....can even keep you alive better than snow globe or better than a rhino iron skin can keep rhino alive.

Just saying, rather than keep asking DE for all these instant "solve all my problems" mechanic changes, players should try upping their game and honing their skills a bit.   Players in games today are just getting soft, never wanting to work for anything...just want to stand there and press one button and win everything.

All I'm saying is Ivara is practically a god when it comes to survival.   The best defense in any game is taking no damage at all.  Ivara does that better than anyone, including loki.