The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Getting Over The...

Mordad

CRINGE.

Some of these lines the 'operator' says during missions are absolutely cringe worthy.

To the point where I feel like turning the game off.

Thankfully we can turn the 'operator' off instead.

And go back to being bad-&#! forces of mute destruction.

But for the love of god, DE please let us access the focus trees without having to look at their faces.

My mind is naggingly returning to the concept of the 'kid in the back room'.

While I'm desperately trying to get over this ridiculous degree of separation between myself and my frame.

Playing as a kid playing warframe... sigh.

When my Tenno said "My Warframe is so strong" i nearly cried not because it was ridiculous line but because Oberon is one of those frames that almost all laugh at so i disagree with what you say about a "kid" in back of the ship :P!

As for Focus systems, we need some sort of trial to check and see what does what, not waste few days collecting points to see what fits our play style.... 

the hell my Tenno dont look like a kid... i just dont get , how yu guys think are still kids after more than 1000 year...

So you'd rather have this old-child thing... rather then say a void-infused demi-god (child) being with a powerful voice.

Just one example of how the 'operator' could have been a being that was more then just a teen voiced kid.

Edited by Mordad

In the same boat. I've been cool with a lot of things, physical Tenno, ghost Tenno, but the ONE thing I've NEVER liked is the idea we're not controlling the Warframes from within. Where's the threat, then? Where's the menace? Where's the risk and where the intensity of battle?

We're no longer a badass warrior ninja, in the middle of a fight, risking our lives for the greater good of the universe - no matter HOW hard we are to kill - we're just some normal-looking shmuck in the back room sitting in their gaming chair.

DE, you DON'T want to remind your playerbase of what they are. Half of them COME to your game to FORGET that sort of thing!

If at least the Tenno WAS in the Warframe or went into the Warframe after this I'd say "okay, I'll cut you some slack" but since we don't I just feel a huge disconnect between what I'm doing and what the story says I'm like, which is ironic since it's EXACTLY what the Operator is doing, but I, again, think that's the problem - in a universe where everything is so strange and alien and no one is QUITE human, you made the Tenno player character TOO normal. They DON'T feel like they fit or belong, and it shows.

the hell my Tenno dont look like a kid... i just dont get , how yu guys think are still kids after more than 1000 year...

Stasis and cryosleep likely have something to do with it, but I still have to ask then WHY they still ACT like kids. They talk like kids, they react to their past like kids while remembering it, there's very little indication that these have been anything OTHER than kids playing a video game all this time, and that bothers me deeply.

When my Tenno said "My Warframe is so strong" i nearly cried not because it was ridiculous line but because Oberon is one of those frames that almost all laugh at so i disagree with what you say about a "kid" in back of the ship :P!

As for Focus systems, we need some sort of trial to check and see what does what, not waste few days collecting points to see what fits our play style.... 

I never saw problems with Oberon. I consider him to be decent with very good survivability if you go health+armor build and can keep teammates health up and running. I consider him a version of trinity.

But i do have to agree, some lines are wierd. But i do wish she would say "STOP! Hammertime!" when i jump attack with Jat Kittag.

Having a tenno in a pod controling warframes like avatar felt like a huge cop out. Instead of being awe inspired I just felt they took the easy boring option. Yes the lines where cringe worthy but the sheer obviousness of it all left me feeling rather under whelmed.

It doest bother me too much though because I've always just used whatever frame was needed for the job at hand, I am a car mechanic by trade so kind of the same thing, when i need a hammer I don't use a screw driver, when I need a trinity I don't take a rhino. 

The lore works for me but was just not as "far out" as I was hoping for. 

Still not as cringey as when my tenno (me) keeps talking to me (myself)? I really hate that! Why the hell am I talking to myself and saying rubbish things? ggrrrrr

In the same boat. I've been cool with a lot of things, physical Tenno, ghost Tenno, but the ONE thing I've NEVER liked is the idea we're not controlling the Warframes from within. Where's the threat, then? Where's the menace? Where's the risk and where the intensity of battle?

We're no longer a badass warrior ninja, in the middle of a fight, risking our lives for the greater good of the universe - no matter HOW hard we are to kill - we're just some normal-looking shmuck in the back room sitting in their gaming chair.

DE, you DON'T want to remind your playerbase of what they are. Half of them COME to your game to FORGET that sort of thing!

If at least the Tenno WAS in the Warframe or went into the Warframe after this I'd say "okay, I'll cut you some slack" but since we don't I just feel a huge disconnect between what I'm doing and what the story says I'm like, which is ironic since it's EXACTLY what the Operator is doing, but I, again, think that's the problem - in a universe where everything is so strange and alien and no one is QUITE human, you made the Tenno player character TOO normal. They DON'T feel like they fit or belong, and it shows.

Stasis and cryosleep likely have something to do with it, but I still have to ask then WHY they still ACT like kids. They talk like kids, they react to their past like kids while remembering it, there's very little indication that these have been anything OTHER than kids playing a video game all this time, and that bothers me deeply.

Not many people seem to realize that the "chair" the Tenno is sitting actually closes up to be a full-on "VR pod" (analogous to the golden one you drop out of on the Moon).  If you back away from the "kid in chair", back to the door to the Liset, you can see it closing up.

It should be closed up when you're doing focus things (so you just see the outside of the closed up pod) and open up when you do character customization.

Also, if you walk into the Orbiter compartment it should be closed initially, and only open up when you get really close to it.  Also, when you hit "Operator" from the menu, which goes to Focus, it should be closed.

I think that would smooth some ruffled feathers a bit.

The chair does not matter at all for those of us who had their silent protagonist destroyed by a inept cripple who mentally behave like a 10 year old would. 

The lines are beyond stupid and so bad that i cringe every time i hear them. 

We already have Ordis. Why pollute the game further with yet another clueless talking head?

Not to mention the ugly fireworks show that is the focus system. 

I cant even take other players seriously any longer when the start to spam their lasers.