Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] So About The Lotus

KaineHeresy

The Old War ended thousands of years ago, why do thousands of years later do we still need to sleep?

Why couldn't we chill on the moon awake?

Why wasnt she actively searching for her pops to kill him so the tenno are no longer in danger?

The only reason the Tenno are now on their ships is because her inactivity.

This story is weird.

The Old War ended thousands of years ago, why do thousands of years later do we still need to sleep?

To protect ourselves from our own power, and the naughty hands of Corpus and Grineer. Besides, when you awake from the second dream, you simply separate yourself from the Warframe, rendering you harmless. Remember, both Corpus and Grineer had their own way to enter the Void, and it's not impossible that they would ended up in the Moon, even if they don't know it still exists.

Because we're stuck in dream?

Why wasnt she actively searching for her pops to kill him so the tenno are no longer in danger?

And how can she do that? All she knows that Hunhow is gone/inactive from the aftermath of the Old War, and she have another matter to deal with; Grineer and Corpus.

Edited by Athros

why tenno is young looking?

everyone else in tennoverse are adults ,...hmmm

is it coz most of WF players are in same age category?

Probably because they were put into the second dream in their childhood. Remember, Operators/Tenno were the children who survived from the accident in the Void.

Edited by Athros

But the warframes are literally just shells. Literally JUST puppets. You are not a Warframe, Warframes are not sentient. They are not actual beings. They are literally suits of armor that the tenno control. So yes, the lotus IS talkting to the tenno thru the Warframe, but she is talking to the Tenno.

I'm sort of inbetween on this.  It's kind of ambiguous in the War-breaking scene whether it's the Tenno who's being strangled by the Stalker who's exerting some kind of control-at-a-distance over the Warframe.  But this doesn't sit quite right with the lore because we see that a whole VR pod (either the golden Orokin one we found ourselves in or the new one we're using in the Orbiter) or actual direct touch (when we struggle to our Warframe and get it to carry us) is needed to control a Warframe.  It's nowhere hinted that the Tenno has this Transference ability just in his body via remote control

So the other option is that the Warframes are indeed a bit like Navi constructs in Avatar, in that they are PART BIOLOGICAL (and this makes sense if you look at the materials they're made from).  They have some biological mental machinery and a capacity for sentience that's "filled" by the Tenno's consciousness.  If that's the case, then it might also be the case that (say, over time, and with that constant, intimate connection) whatever mental machinery the Warframe has contains a sort of lingering "echo" of the Tenno's consciousness (which is why it was able to break War on its own).

The only reason the Tenno are now on their ships is because her inactivity.

This story is weird.

Dude, you need to understand. Its not about the old war. Its Hunhow. Lotus is scared of him finding out about Tenno. Look, if they are awake, then they are more exposed to the danger. Everybody will know that the moon is still there. The corpus and grineer would know this and they will try to investigate it. 

About Lotus search for her dad, well she thought he was dead already. During the storyline we could know that even Lotus had a hard time searching for him. She is the daughter lol. 

Can we please to rest all the talk about "Lotus is evil?"

DE has stated (can't remember which stream) that Lotus is someone we can trust pretty much unconditionally. She has no ulterior motive.

then they should had been given us real reasons to trust her..other than keeping secrets from us, and having that sick crazy sentient tenno lady vibe toward us...¬¬

Dude, you need to understand. Its not about the old war. Its Hunhow. Lotus is scared of him finding out about Tenno. Look, if they are awake, then they are more exposed to the danger. Everybody will know that the moon is still there. The corpus and grineer would know this and they will try to investigate it. 

About Lotus search for her dad, well she thought he was dead already. During the storyline we could know that even Lotus had a hard time searching for him. She is the daughter lol. 

If she thought the dad is dead why not wake the tenno up?

You cant say that the tenno are in danger because of hun and then say that hun is dead so who cares.

And what would the Corpus and Grineer investigate when they know nothing?

The whole quest showed how Alad didnt know anything and was eager to learn.

If she thought the dad is dead why not wake the tenno up?

You cant say that the tenno are in danger because of hun and then say that hun is dead so who cares.

And what would the Corpus and Grineer investigate when they know nothing?

The whole quest showed how Alad didnt know anything and was eager to learn.

Have you read my post?

To protect ourselves from our own power, and the naughty hands of Corpus and Grineer. Besides, when you awake from the second dream, you simply separate yourself from the Warframe, rendering you harmless. Remember, both Corpus and Grineer had their own way to enter the Void, and it's not impossible that they would ended up in the Moon, even if they don't know it still exists.

Because we're stuck in dream?

And how can she do that? All she knows that Hunhow is gone/inactive from the aftermath of the Old War, and she have another matter to deal with; Grineer and Corpus.

And you already said it; even if Alad didn't know anything, he was eager to learn. Corpus, driven by their greed, and Grineer by their pride, will stop at nothing to reach ther hands to the Void, and they already did. It's only a matter of time until somehow either of them found the Moon.

DE has stated (can't remember which stream) that Lotus is someone we can trust pretty much unconditionally. She has no ulterior motive.

they keep coming like a swarm don't they,DE has stated this fact yet their immature ears can't listen and their brain can't accept it,very very funny

they keep coming like a swarm don't they,DE has stated this fact yet their immature ears can't listen and their brain can't accept it,very very funny

so i take you trust anyone because someone else told you "its ok, you can trust a complete stranger that hides secrets from you because reasons"

Edited by Toppien

Why are people forgetting that Lotus IS a sentient. As a sentient she cannot Go to the void. It is why She hid the Tenno along with their moon in the void. It the one place where they can be Safe. She Didnt wake the Tenno sooner both out of fear of any reminent Dangers and What she probably was thinking how the Tenno would react to their new Mama, Which is why she Mind Wiped them. (How would you feel to have been used to kill your Masters then put to sleep, stuffed back into the void for Untold amount of time only to awake to some women claiming to be your Mother.) It's why for all this time the Tenno Assumed they were the Warframes, They didn't remember who they were.

The Tenno haven't physically grown because Cyrostasis It preserves them But they have another ability which is why they are far bigger then they need to be, The pods are connected To the Matr......I Mean Somatic Link which allows then to interact with their warframes(And i mean theirs, Your warframes are linked to you). I Also think the Loading screen Glitchout in Orokin Text actually was a foreshadow to these events and what your true nature was. Since the text mentioned about an error in the link or transference.

During our first awakening The Grineer and Corpus were starting to get much more proactive in their Orokin Research. They were even making constant trips into the void. The Lotus Probably fearing that the moon was to eventually be discovered she Started to find and awaken Linked Warframes to stop them in the name of balance. (It worked out for Lotus that the Grineer and Corpus are the stains of the system) When really she wants to only wants protect the Tenno. 

Everything in U18 only happens because of the Stalker (Who went made due to discovering the truth to early, which probably gave the lotus the idea to Mind Wipe The Tenno) started working with Sentients. Since the Sentients cant Enter the Void the Tenno were still safe but now they have a Mad Dog with a vengeance Who can enter the Void which starts to put Pressure on the Lotus. And not only that but you have the grineer Who is unwittingly cutting a path for them

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." and "The brighter the picture, the darker the negative." Those old sayings keep ringing well to me when it comes down to Lotus. I can understand business wise why Lotus does what she does because DE is writing the story as they go.

But in game universe wise: she kept secret that she is/was a Sentient until Tenshin pushed the issue; kept secret that we were on the Moon in the void from us instead of letting us know that the Warframes we are in are not our actual bodies; acts very much like.....no Worse than a helicopter mom when it comes to missions (Don't need to be told about fire damage for the 50th+ time already or the fact that my life support is under 40% twice because I am trying to make them last, or the fact that the Grineer are coming when I am on THEIR SHIP, etc...). Frankly the second dream mainly irked me because my Tenno was ever so loyal and grateful to Lotus for showing up. As least with Alad V, Hek, Stalker, G3, the infested, and other "enemies" in the game they don't try to hide their nature from us.

In fact, it would have been funny if during the First dream mission Tenshin revealed everything about himself in front of Lotus and then said something along the lines of "I showed you mine, now lay out your cards already!"

DE even said in basic terms way back "Tenno and Lotus Good, Grineer/Corpus/Infested bad", but then they added in syndicates who have a few factions from two of those three and they are not all so bad. To break down the narrative where everything the Tenno and Lotus do is good, no matter how horrific and brutal and vicious we are, and everything the other factions do is bad just makes the overall situation look..... pathetic in comparison to other forms of media that actually cover both sides of the situation and while they may have the basic "good vs. evil" setup, they do make note that even the evil side has it's moments of light and good has its bouts of darkness.

Yes DE has said countless times that Lotus is the most benevolent being in their universe and would never betray us. But they forget that a good chunk of us players have read, watched, or played many games where they had the same setup and to see something like that without definite flaws grates our senses and tests our tolerance. Every time she congratulates the Tenno really makes me wish Stalker didn't bamf out of my ship after my Operator fell to the ground. Or at least could have left a nice explosive present on the bottom of the chair to activate once my operator was put into it.

From the words of our great prophet Ordis

You are the tenno Ordis is cephalon

Your are the Warframe ordis is ship

........That says it all We designed are our operator I made mine look the way I kind of look like mine

But I also choose a voice I can come pretty close to complementing

.....as for my tenno I used Loki because I can get behind that concept I am like loki a tactical player that is mischievous .

well.. if u want to roleplay it.. than you get it wrong.. you as player are the tenno (tenno sitting in your orbiter is your avatar as is your character in world of warcraft etc..) Lotus calls you Tenno and ordis calls you operator but its same thing.. and warframe is just a tool like tank or drone with weapons and magic.. :D

I lean toward this. I agree that the thing in the Warframe is more than just an empty puppet. But, you should be identifying with the operator not the the surrogate.

That is why DE moved the operator into the Orbiter. And why they chime in now on missions. Before they too thought they where the Warframe, but the lie you speak of was the misguided attempt by the Lotus to protect the Tenno.

Anyways, you are entitled to your head canon, but this should be some food for thought.

I can't believe some people are still clinging to the boring old trope that maybe the the good guy is going to turn out bad, or have some dark, sinister underbelly - and still thinking that makes them edgy, like they're in on some big secret. 

That trope's been running for the past 20 years now, and is probably the most outworn cliche in all of videogaming.

How about, for a fresh, new take: the good guy is just the good guy? Wouldn't that be surprising?

Ladies and gents remember, our character Tenno the kids thought that they were the Warframes, that they were inside the suits.

This is true.

We are the Children from the accident. We THOUGHT the Warframe was our real body. After all, we woke up in it. We feel in it. We explore the world in it. We couldn't speak, but still we heard each other in it.

Learning that we are not actually what we thought drove Stalker to madness. You, however, adapted. Still very much the superpower you always were. Learning what you had forgotten didn't crush you.

When Hunhow and Stalker had us cornered our Warframe "puppet" moved to protect us. It moved when it shouldn't have been able to. That is because we, the Tenno, are still one with our Warframe. Though you have reclaimed your physical body, your original body, you are still also the Warframe. You didn't change when you found the truth. Even Hunhow wasn't prepared for the strength of your bond with that form. That is because you (The MC of your personal story) are particularly strong, even for a Tenno. That is how the world makes you important enough to be the center of events moving forwards.

The Tenno are more then the sum of their parts. If even Alad V knows this, so should you guys. :p

I can't believe some people are still clinging to the boring old trope that maybe the the good guy is going to turn out bad, or have some dark, sinister underbelly - and still thinking that makes them edgy, like they're in on some big secret.

That trope's been running for the past 20 years now, and is probably the most outworn cliche in all of videogaming.

How about, for a fresh, new take: the good guy is just the good guy? Wouldn't that be surprising?

As we've recently learned, Lotus is exactly the opposite of "The good guy is actually bad!"

Instead, she is a Villainess who has found redemption. Something that happened to her before she was supposed to complete her purpose changed her forever for the better. She, like the Orokin Elder Margulis, learned to love the Tenno as if they were her own children. Now she'd even entertain the thought of going to war with her own species in order to keep us safe.

Margulis' legacy is Lotus' redemption, in my opinion.

From the words of our great prophet Ordis

You are the tenno Ordis is cephalon

Your are the Warframe ordis is ship

........That says it all We designed are our operator I made mine look the way I kind of look like mine

But I also choose a voice I can come pretty close to complementing

.....as for my tenno I used Loki because I can get behind that concept I am like loki a tactical player that is mischievous .

no no no, It's

"You are the Tenno. You are the operator. Ordis is the cephalon. Ordis is the ship."

OOOONNN topic, though. Tenno can obviously control warframes from a distance from outside a transference pod because of Rhino Prime's lore entry.

Edited by VocalMagic

no no no, It's

"You are the Tenno. You are the operator. Ordis is the cephalon. Ordis is the ship."

Far older than Ordis, there is another story element that supports the current twist.

During the Gradivus Dilemma Lotus let the Tenno freely choose between supporting the Sargus Ruk's invasion or Corpus space to save the sleeping Warframes OR supporting Alad V and sacrifice the sleepers to prevent Grineer expansion.

We now know what we didn't then - Lotus wasn't ridiculously worried about the captured Warframes because it wasn't actually a loss of life. Simply a loss of containers for her children. Alad V didn't have any actual captured Tenno - just what he believed were actual Tenno.  As a result, Lotus didn't see an incredible need for the Tenno to focus on saving them. It was an acceptable loss.

Far older than Ordis, there is another story element that supports the current twist.

During the Gradivus Dilemma Lotus let the Tenno freely choose between supporting the Sargus Ruk's invasion or Corpus space to save the sleeping Warframes OR supporting Alad V and sacrifice the sleepers to prevent Grineer expansion.

We now know what we didn't then - Lotus wasn't ridiculously worried about the captured Warframes because it wasn't actually a loss of life. Simply a loss of containers for her children. Alad V didn't have any actual captured Tenno - just what he believed were actual Tenno.  As a result, Lotus didn't see an incredible need for the Tenno to focus on saving them. It was an acceptable loss.

Yeah that's right, wasn't there a "Lotus is evil" hullaballoo around that time, because it seemed odd that she'd be so casual about the choice?

At no point have I said the Lotus is evil. But what I am saying is that there is a chance for an interesting story here if the Warframes are their own conscious entity.

Picture a scenario like this; an enemy is using some space magic to attack the Tenno directly through the Warframe, psychic feedback or something of the like. The Lotus, over-protective and caring for nothing over the Tenno's well being, tell them to sever the link to protect themselves. Has a line that reads like telling your kid you'll get them a new goldfish. The Tenno refuses, Lotus starts losing her cool, severs the connection herself. Your warframe falls to the ground, we get a flash of the Tenno bolting awake on the ship.

Then it goes back to your warframe, enemies closing around it as it sits there motionless. Until it starts staggers to its feet to finish the mission, with impaired movement and glitched out UI.

This kind of story isn't the newest thing in the world, but I struggle to think of an example in which the player perspective is on the protector being discarded.

Actually the "good guy being the good guy" is an older trope than the "good guy being evil". I can attest that having a good guy being pure 100% good is more boring than one that acts 100% good and has plans in motion in the background for greater "evil" deeds.

As for saying "it makes people think they are edgy" I find it funny that other posters keep repeating that as if it makes them superior to anyone else. Some of us don't think of it to appear edgy, we think of it like that because (like you have said) it has been used in multiple situations to the point that it not happening leads to some feeling like it was a wasted opportunity.

While this is a form of entertainment, to have a being in it that is 100% good with little to no flaws lends to a boring and not emotional inducing story. Evil and good are perspectives, and until DE decides to see if the players are as tight knit as folks say we are, they are going to have their perspective on the Tenno and Lotus skewed.

Real world perspective applied to Warframe: Every side thinks it is the hero while the others are evil / some know the horrors they inflict and either don't care or enjoy it. There is no pure side to a situation and all actions have actual consequences.

DE perspective: Lotus and Tenno are good, everyone else is evil. No matter how many Grineer and Corpus you slaughter and the fact that we humanized them by adding in that they may have families, goals, feelings, etc. Nope nope. Got to keep it simple so the players' minds are not confused over who is good and who is evil.

So many people complaining that their head canon is now broken and blame DE for it =/. I mean technically yes, but you have to remember that when you play a game, you're in THEIR domaine, and they get to choose what, when and how they decorate it. You get to enjoy the decorations.