The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Game?

Titico

I had to take a long break due to health issues (heart problems) and I tried to comeback  to the game as part of helping with recovering. I reinstalled the game, and suddenly I am welcomed by this new tutorial about how to move, jump, run, slide that for an old man like me is like what the hell happened?

What the heck is all these new non-sense crap? I cannot do half of the stuff, I stopped the tutorial in the part where I have to jump and somehow glue to the wall like I am some kind of spider? What the hell is that? What happened to this game?

Is it worth trying to come back to have to learn how to jump and be like a spider on a wall? I dunno can someone shed some light about what has transcended in the last few months? Wow I am very disappointed.

It is Parkour 2.0 - which came to be just a few months back.

The controls are incredibly easy and smooth but take a light amount of practice.

The game is just as it was, but new controls for parkour movement. If you're willing to put a small amount of time into the game, the controls become fluid.

I say this, Tenno to Tenno: I think you're overreacting.

I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

Edited by Aura

Parkour 2.0. The tutorial introduces the new functions added to the system. There should be an explanation for every function, such as jumping to a wall and aiming (usually Right mouse button) which has to stick to the wall for a short period of time.

Not sure the tutorial is required, however, but you do need some understanding of how the system works.

I had to take a long break due to health issues (heart problems) and I tried to comeback  to the game as part of helping with recovering. I reinstalled the game, and suddenly I am welcomed by this new tutorial about how to move, jump, run, slide that for an old man like me is like what the hell happened?

What the heck is all these new non-sense crap? I cannot do half of the stuff, I stopped the tutorial in the part where I have to jump and somehow glue to the wall like I am some kind of spider? What the hell is that? What happened to this game?

Is it worth trying to come back to have to learn how to jump and be like a spider on a wall? I dunno can someone shed some light about what has transcended in the last few months? Wow I am very disappointed.

Parkour 2.0 - Improved movement and more flexible in going through maps. We lost coptering but gained mobility.

Shotgun 2.0 - Fall off has been tweaked, shotguns have been buffed to godly levels. #HekMasterRace

Snipers 2.0 - Scoping in is now viable as it buffs up stats.

The Underwater and Moon tile have been added, lotsa new frames, weapons and a new rocking quest. And also a new Raid which is pretty fun.

Welcome back tenno.

Hope you will get well soon ^.^

here what you missed : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/356275-welcome-back-to-warframe-heres-what-you-missed/

and of course update 18 : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/568455-update-18-the-second-dream/

if you dont want the game to be spoiled to you do the natah quest and the second dream quest ASAP ^.^ 

The old movement was difficult to some people so they changed it to a new system that made it difficult to other people.

It's fine OP. the wall clinging isn't used much anyway, you don't need to use it.

OP as I got this vibe from your post, you were shocked by the movement change,

and thought:"Will nobody tell him, that wall latching is not optional for you to use to have good time in game?"

So I will be the second one to tell you this - as I play on PC, with controller (it actually works, not for PVP though, there I use mouse :D) - the wall latch thing on controller is kinda clumsy, doable and I guess you can get used to doing this, but it is not optional, this like a little bonus you cna do some times to feel extra op.

So the coptering has been fixed (as it was an unintentional bug) but in it's place you have bullet jump and double jump, so you can move as fast, I for example now love to use rolling as well, not the thing I did before Parkour 2.0, I will bullet jump do the second jump and just before ladning press roll, so I am moving all the time, it's so fluid really.

Another addition is the aim glide, optional as well, but you can now push aim during jump and you will slowly glide towards ground and be able to score some nice shots - so hooray for Matri khem aim glide.