The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attacks Take Longer?

Idakar

Yah they did become extremely slow and weird to throw. I only used glaive and after the update the charged throw takes much much longer and the frame throws it from the left side which is awkward and i tend to hit walls and other stuff much more often, and I feel like I have to aim more to the right now. And I'm pretty sure attack speed mods don't affect charge time now.

Edited by MyNutsHaveExploded

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/569885-charge-attacks-issues-and-feedback/

Chill dudes, not only this problem is going to get fixed, it will also point lights toward the necessity of a buff and a rework to Throwing weapons, there are going to come out only positive things out of this bug.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Merged many threads, confirming that this is being reviewed/tweaked.

Excellent, thank you.

Glaive P's been my go-to melee for... idk, almost a year now? Since shortly after the addition of Nullifiers.

(I mean, check my usage stats (if you track them) I'd wager less than a dozen Edit: Hyperbole 50 missions that I didn't bring the Glaive P - if I brought a melee).)

New charge-time's prohibitively slow, as you can't cast or dodge during it.

Also, while the new charge-up animation's viscerally satisfying now, the change in trajectory means that I can't throw it over rails anymore, at all. (Before was iffy.)

Edited by Chroia

I'm glad it's being looked at (took a little too long for response, though). One suggestion that I'm sure many won't like too much. The pre-U18 mechanic for throwing was perfectly fine, both for quick melee and fully equipped melee. Considering the function of these weapons, I wonder if instead of a traditional charge attack (or a charge throw), we could perhaps get a controllable throw similar to Ivara's Dark Sector-like ability to control her arrows? I think that would make up for the longer charge time in equipped melee, while also giving throwing weapons (especially the glaive!) something of its original DS functionality.

How about we make ALL charge attacks faster?

Yes! Yes please!

Thanks. I also noticed that some charge attacks clearly don't have the same "weight" as before....

Try to do this with a staff :

Z5C5Kpw.gif

...You can't. If it kills the guy, he will just fly 50 cm. :/

Or try to do this with Fragor :

Not enough "Hmpf" compared to what happens in that good ol' vid. Where are the glorious flying people?!

And last but not least, try to reveal Warframe's gore with a bladed weapon :

Flying body parts? Nope, still missing.

This feeling of power...This feeling of awesomeness... This is why we asked for their comeback! This is why we missed it!

In short :

- Charge attacks take even longer than before...

- Charge attacks need more Crowd control/power on impact (launching people further, cutting people in half & more chance of Gore)

- Charge attacks didn't need to swing the weapon first before( but mr Geoff said that it's not very practical otherwise, okay.)

- Why can't Redeemer's charge attack be done while crouched?! Why does my frame needs to stand every friggin time I need to shoot?

- We often see blood splatters on the floor : why can't it splatter on our warframes?!

Edited by unknow99

Well, a hot fix for the throwing weapons would be nice at least. Since those are currently unusable and are pretty much the only melee weapons I like to use. 

;_; 

Edited by Judqment8

- Charge attacks didn't need to swing the weapon first before( but mr Geoff said that it's not very practical otherwise, okay.)

Pre-U18 Glaive (Prime) disagrees with you - no swing necessary. Pre-Parkour 2.0, the Redeemer also charged without swinging and I have no idea why they added the forced swing in at that point. Edited by DoomFruit

Pre-U18 Glaive (Prime) disagrees with you - no swing necessary. Pre-Parkour 2.0, the Redeemer also charged without swinging and I have no idea why they added the forced swing in at that point.

It's a bug and has to be fixed. There is no way anyone would use the throwing weapons/redeemer at this point.

DE stated on the last stream that the charge attacks for glaive and redeemer style weapons are going to be changed back to the way they were but the fix is way more complicated than they thought.

Thank you for the information. It's all I could ever hope for. And also I wasn't asking for fix, I was just asking whether the bug was known and worked on, but I hadn't heard anything about the issue so I was getting impatient. I don't have the time to watch the streams so I didn't know that they are working on it.

But yeah, thanks for the info and glad that it's being worked on.