Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Canonically, How Many Tenno Are There...

Kinetos

...and how many have been awoken from the Second Dream?

Obviously the player of The Second Dream was instrumental in stopping Shadow Stalker and in the process woke up and learned the truth, but, lorewise, how many, if any, other Tenno now know? Does Lotus go, well, this one knows, I should tell them all? Would our Tenno tell another Tenno who didn't know?

Do we have any idea how many kids were on the Zarimon? Is the Zarimon the only source of Tenno, or were the Orokin able to repeat that occurrence?

I don't imagine there is a strict record kept of all those still 'dreaming' only that there are those awake and those yet to awake. The story does not seem to imply any limits whatsoever on how many there could possibly be, other than everyone being connected to the Zariman incident.

I don't imagine there is a strict record kept of all those still 'dreaming' only that there are those awake and those yet to awake. The story does not seem to imply any limits whatsoever on how many there could possibly be, other than everyone being connected to the Zariman incident.

The only real restriction is that they have to be on the ship. Though that doesn't mean that it had to be a normal sized ship, for all we know it could be the Spear of Adun 2.0

this is something that has crossed my mind as well. alot would depend on if there was more than 1 reservoir because if not i would have to imagine every one of those pods was what we had. but then that brings up the question "why create schools if there are so few?" i think there are realistically more than we think. also who's to say that the Orokin didn't create more while we worked for them? i think these are questions that will be answered in future lore entries and quests.

Yeah I don't think number of users = number of Tenno is a valid assumption, not unless the Orokin could make more after the Zarimon. There has to be some limit to how many were on the Zarimon, and I don't think we've heard of any others.

And the only Tenno I can consider beyond a shadow of a doubt as awake is myself, I don't remember seeing any others in the quest or hearing Lotus say anything about waking any others. Other than the implication that Stalker was possibly a Tenno. From quest perspective I'm the only awake Tenno I know of, but obviously other players have done the quest and should have the same assumption. According to your experience, my Tenno is still in the Second Dream. Unless I missed something.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

I can't honestly see the Moon have that many Tenno around.

I think you underestimate how dense we can pack ourselves. You could fit nearly 7 billion people in Rhode Island alone, standing a generous 3 feet apart

Yeah I don't think number of users = number of Tenno is a valid assumption, not unless the Orokin could make more after the Zarimon. There has to be some limit to how many were on the Zarimon, and I don't think we've heard of any others.

Zariman 10-0 was a colony ship build for long-distance self-sustaining travel and population. The Orokin Empire was crumbling due to gross overpopulation. Between those two facts, I think having millions and millions of passengers is actually quite feasible

Edited by TARINunit9

Various bits in the Second Dream conversation with the Lotus suggested that the Zahriman was intended to be a colony ship to Tau, possibly to make sure all the resources, servants and luxuries were in place before they'd send any important Orokin.

As there must have been many billions of humans in the Origin system (given how many planets they terraformed) and the Orokin clearly weren't shy about building big things (the moon, for crying out loud), the Zahriman may well have contained several million prospective colonist with an unusual number of kids among them. Sending whole families would be a good idea if you intend permanent colonisation after all.

We have no way of knowing how many children were on the Zariman ten-zero or if they were all viable transference. Also as using the "Tenno" in the war against the Sentients started to prove effective, when all other measures had ended in disaster,  then perhaps the Orokin exposed more children to the void to increase the ranks. I doubt we will be given a solid number, but considering the Tenno had schools, and have built dojos, and relays, it would be safe to assume that there is a significantly large number.

There are as many tenno as there are players.

There are as many "awoken" as those who completed the Second Dream quest

Case closed

so Stalker and hunhow try this scheme millions of times, forge millions of War swords, and the Moon is popping in and out of the void millions of times, and hunhow is surprised every time the sword is broken?

No, quests like this you have to assume are single instance for the player and game mechanic "evidence" that other players did it too is non canon. From playing the quest, I don't know if anyone else is awake and seeing other players press 5 isn't quite good enough.

• Like 1

From playing the quest, I don't know if anyone else is awake and seeing other players press 5 isn't quite good enough.

The quest is, you are the first Tenno to have their Zariman Kid awoken from the second dream. But the missions after that are, you aren't the only Tenno to have awoken since then. Other players pressing 5 is proof of that second fact

It's one of those "flexible timeline" things, like how the Infested haven't returned until after you complete Once Awake, no matter how many other players are fighting them. You are always the first Tenno to have awoken their Zariman Kid. Always

But after that, you aren't the only one. After all, it's kinda dumb to assume the Lotus wouldn't start having other frames wake up their Zariman Kids now that the Moon is so vulnerable

The quest is, you are the first Tenno to have their Zariman Kid awoken from the second dream. But the missions after that are, you aren't the only Tenno to have awoken since then. Other players pressing 5 is proof of that second fact

It's one of those "flexible timeline" things, like how the Infested haven't returned until after you complete Once Awake, no matter how many other players are fighting them. You are always the first Tenno to have awoken their Zariman Kid. Always

But after that, you aren't the only one. After all, it's kinda dumb to assume the Lotus wouldn't start having other frames wake up their Zariman Kids now that the Moon is so vulnerable

ok, this works for explaining other woken Tenno, but it's still kind of an assumption...

But result is, some Tenno are aware, however many that is...

So answer to original question is... *shrug*

so Stalker and hunhow try this scheme millions of times, forge millions of War swords, and the Moon is popping in and out of the void millions of times, and hunhow is surprised every time the sword is broken?

No, quests like this you have to assume are single instance for the player and game mechanic "evidence" that other players did it too is non canon. From playing the quest, I don't know if anyone else is awake and seeing other players press 5 isn't quite good enough.

It's sci-fantasy. You can always contrive something to fit with events.

My current head-canon is that the events in the Second Dream happened only once, and some feature of Transference transmitted the experience to all other Tenno.

This was, in a sense, literally mind blowing, such that the link between Tenno and Warframe was temporarily severed. During this break, the Lotus guided the Ordises to Luna, and instructed the Warframes to recover their Tenno from their sleepy-pods and haul them back to their respective ships.

Hours later, the Tenno all find themselves awake, though none of them are sure which Tenno confronted Hunhow and his goon.

The Tenno just don't question these shared experiences, because they've got more important stuff to deal with.

It's sci-fantasy. You can always contrive something to fit with events.

My current head-canon is that the events in the Second Dream happened only once, and some feature of Transference transmitted the experience to all other Tenno.

This was, in a sense, literally mind blowing, such that the link between Tenno and Warframe was temporarily severed. During this break, the Lotus guided the Ordises to Luna, and instructed the Warframes to recover their Tenno from their sleepy-pods and haul them back to their respective ships.

Hours later, the Tenno all find themselves awake, though none of them are sure which Tenno confronted Hunhow and his goon.

The Tenno just don't question these shared experiences, because they've got more important stuff to deal with.

I think that's needlessly complicated. Game mechanics don't need lore to validate it, and single character quests don't need lore to explain how multiple players run it.

Also, however many Tenno there are supposed to be on Zariman, I don't thing tying lore population to account numbers is a good idea. if the lore is written around one order of magnitude of Tenno population, the game could get too popular (yeah, right) for the number of users to reflect the intended population of characters in the universe, which I actually think already happened.

Edited by KinetosImpetus