Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Vs Broken-War Sad

DarthKadra

I wouldnt compare the Broken War with the Dragon Nikana. The issue i see is that Broken War is a straight Upgrade to the Dakra Prime wich requires MR6, making it the best weapon from the weapon type The overall issue with swords in general is Crimson Derwish. As long as it has his high dmg bonus it will stand out from the other stances.

A Nikana isn't a Long Sword, it doesn't work with the same Stances as Long swords.  It's a Katana wannabe.

Uhm... ok? I know that. I never even mentioned a nikana at any point in my response to this thread. I was giving my opinion on broken war by itself in comparison to the state of every other longsword. The OP was essentially comparing dragon nikana to broken war because of how insanely powerful broken war is- when it REALLY shouldn't be. Thing is- broken war isn't really overpowered- it just seems like it because the other longswords are hideously underpowered and need love.

So again- what was the point of your response here that went totally off topic to what I had said and tries to make it sound like I thought nikana was a longsword?

Option 1: Play PvP, where all(some may be unavailable) weapons are balanced(roughly).

Option 2. Pray that the weapon progression update includes the rebalancing of the entire arsenal, rather than a lazily slapped on +5-10% <stat> every level.

(Dragon Nikana -> Nikana Prime)

Increased Slash (72 -> 85)
Decreased Puncture (8.5 -> 4.8)
Increased Impact (4 -> 4.8)
Increased Status Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Crit Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Attack Speed (1.0 -> 1.1)

As someone already mentioned, Nikana Prime is still gonna lose to B-War because of Crimson D.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

These are 2 completely different weapons

You're comparing a slow high damage low mobility weapon (bw with dervish) with a fast hitting good damage good mobility weapon (nikana with any stance but zatoichi stance feels the best to me for all situations)

Both are very good & viable, this is just 2 different ways of playing

Slow the power creep a little will you?

I use both & my preference keeps going to nikana because of the faster combos and it is largely sufficient

Edited by manub

So many posts about this, why just the Nikana today? The prime melee are a much larger pain to get than the Nikana. Also, you think a melee weapon designed off a sword that stopped seeing improvements in design around 1300 ad sword would be inferior to stuff like ethereal blades, even comparing to most other cultures that kept improving their weapons, the katana was kept the same.

I compleeeeetly disagree with you about broken-war. You need Uranus first to begin looking for Oculysts. Then you need to find one and scan it. After that u need to do ALONE like 5 or 6 quest to finish Natah because at this time NOBODY WILL HELP YOU. When u finished that quest then ull need to do ANOTHER one also BY YOURSELF because no1 is doing it now most ppl have already done it and is doing something else.

Also take into account that Second Dream is one of the biggest updates lore-wise. In this quest you get to know almost ALL the secrets behind Warframe lore. So yeah, a pair of OP melees is ok for us.

Talking about Dragon Nikana yeah its not that good against better melees like dakra p, scindo p, etc etc but thats because Dragon Nikana was released EARLIER... if u want to be in the meta then try new weapons. Dont ask for nonsense nerfs

Add 10% to the base crit chance of Dragon Nikana to reflect the superior craftsmanship of the blade, and this thread goes away and assumes it's rightful place. Orherwise it needs a third tier upgrade, because it's become s lore and fan favorite.

Tenno weapons are just plain cooler than any prime variant.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

you should be happy to have better weapon then drakana, and u should srsly stop crying now man, anyways broken war is eaqally hard to get as dragon nikana, not in reqirements but in difficulty and time to get them, and by that imean broken war... do 3 quests wich u need ot be rank 3 or higher and then fight against sentients, srsly tahts even harder to do then fighitng 5 stalkers at the same time ( i liek the cahllenge thou :D) dragon nikana, reasaerch it and time thats all ti takes

....drakaan takes only time, and broken war hence its free takes time ( nto as much as dk but still), skills, and a  knwoledge how to use ur @(*()&#036; laser beam...

Broken-War itself is fine.  Only thing that makes it "OP" is Crimson Dervish. If you wanna nerf something, nerf dervish, or give other weapon stances just as good damage bonuses. If it wasnt for that Id call it a sidegrade to the D Nikana.  Also this is coming soon

(Dragon Nikana -> Nikana Prime)

Increased Slash (72 -> 85)
Decreased Puncture (8.5 -> 4.8)
Increased Impact (4 -> 4.8)
Increased Status Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Crit Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Attack Speed (1.0 -> 1.1)

By blood or platinum it shall be mine!

Honestly I would only have a problem if they were in the class of melee weapon. I mean Dakra Prime is a long sword, Galatine is a Heavy Blade, Scindo Prime is a Heavy Blade, & I'm pretty sure Jat Kittang is a Hammer. War/Broken War just adds two more weapons so people can get use from different stances at high level .I love the Dragon Nikana, it absolutely melts everything. Literally (corrosive), but I like options.

By the way, if i am not mistaken the Nikana is a Japanese styled Katana.

A Katana is inferior in every respect to European Swords. Worse steel, only one cutting edge, inferior design, breaks often when hitting other swords... (Google it if you don't believe) and the Broken War is akin more to a European style with better steel, two cutting edges, armguard, more possible moves like hitting enemys with cross guard or grip...

So in other words it is 'historical' correct' xD

hahaha

/s

Inferior design to European Swords? I won't disagree with the worse steel, but they had ways of fixing that. The one cutting edge isn't a disadvantage, just a different style. Please name one European sword of comparable weight or size the cut better than a proper Katana. Also more moves isn't an advantage. Lastly quillons weren't necessary on the Katana due to the fact that unlike knights who used half-swording against other knights, the Japanese at most usually had plated mail instead of plate.

Since the Movement 2.0 ALL the melee are suffering from many issues.

Less range, movements ars squishy and it feel far less attractive than before that RiP Update.

Why are you all arguing about it?

It is broken. I'm missing the old melee system, and i'm also missing the "coptering".

DE Steeve wanted to remove the unattractive visual effect of coptering... And traded it for... DOLPHIN DIVING?!?!@:/:[=[

Quit joking Steeve, that's just hypocrisy.

About the Broken War and the Dragon Nikana well...  War should have a faster Atk Speed and Nikana should have higher range/ reach.

Why do i even try to argue, it is futile against DEVs.

Since the Movement 2.0 ALL the melee are suffering from many issues.

Less range, movements ars squishy and it feel far less attractive than before that RiP Update.

Why are you all arguing about it?

It is broken. I'm missing the old melee system, and i'm also missing the "coptering".

DE Steeve wanted to remove the unattractive visual effect of coptering... And traded it for... DOLPHIN DIVING?!?!@:/:[=[

Quit joking Steeve, that's just hypocrisy.

About the Broken War and the Dragon Nikana well... War should have a faster Atk Speed and Nikana should have higher range/ reach.

Why do i even try to argue, it is futile against DEVs.

It only is futile because you are arguing we should have continued to be sparrows with a broken wing on crack.

Coptering was ugly, abusable, and needed to go.

Plus, melee is meant to be used to kill, not for movement. You can't say "melee used to be a better system because I could swirl around the map like a broken helicopter" because melee isn't supposed to allow you that. Simple.

Anyway, I've already stated: Nerfing broken war will be extremely detrimental, for the simple fact that, while OP against other melee weapons, most (if not all) melee weapons are inferior to guns. And this doesn't even make sense when our symbolic weapon is a sword.

That is, broken-war is substantially more on par with other weapons than most melee. If you want to buff something, buff every other weapon. Or give us primed pressure point or something.

Edited by tnccs215

Any curved bastard sword? Because that's what katana essentially is.

What the hell does it matters? We all know its a game, so you can't deduce weapon quality and its cutting power from real-life counter-parts!

And goddamit, no one goes to war and has to choose either! Stop having pointless preferences over extremely big knifes!

We all know it no longer matters what is the best. It matters the best looking, because swords are outdated.

And since looks are subjective, any discussion regarding what sword is better is pointless to the topic.

Edited by tnccs215