The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Bow For Endgame?

(PSN)SilverwindNarga

Question

Now this is something i have always been unsure of. I currently run a Paris Prime and i love it. After a T4 survival 50 minute run I began to question if I'm using the bet bow so please help me out here. Just to be clear Im seeing if its Paris Prime, Dread, or Rakta Cernos. Also I have one question to go with this subject and that is at what level of enemies should bows stop one shotting enemes?

Now I have done some reading on this already and I have a crew of 3 and im usually the only one running a Corrosive Projectile. Reason i mention this for those who dont know is that many say a team of 4 with all using this aura dread is the best.

What if ur not in a party where all 4 have Corrosive Proj.? 

Does each bow do better against a certain enemy? And if so should i bring that bow into a sortie mission if thats the enemy or facing or will not matter due to the high level?

Which can handle T4 void missions the best?

Any help would be much appreciated

Dread + redcrits = <3

But its reduced effectiveness against armor does make me sad. I personally use dread for most things, but I'll change it up to Paris-p for missions where I know I'll be fighting heavily armored enemies such as bombards.

Personal input at least.

Dread provided you have 4 Corrosive Projection, which you don't in this case, but just to be clear, shreds level 250 enemies in one single headshot.

Paris Prime is great for overall starchart and normal 40m Survival runs since you have the balanced Puncture damage which is good against most enemies and not that many downsides.

Rakta Cernos is just awesome and edgy. Pure fun, pure sickness.

All of them have their merits, but if you want to push everything to their limit, Dread will stand proud. They're all fine for Sortie-level missions.

Personally i use dread, even against Sortie-Grineer with increased armor without Corrosive Projection a well placed headshot is instakill.

So far i found it even more viable against them than Paris Prime, none of them went through the bodyarmor, both were able to Headshot-Kill them, but Dread has the Bleeding Proc that caused some insane damage over time sometimes.

(Also: Redcrits)

Another Information: If you want to run Stealth, the radial effect from Rakta Cernos alerts enemies if it doesnt kill them.

Edited by LazerusKI

For raw damage per shot, especially when running 4CP, it's Dread.

Overall though, Rakta Cernos. Less potential damage per shot but more DPS on average (according to calculations I've read) and more utility, with the Blight effect and the fast fire - which make Speed Trigger become superflous, allowing another elemental to be slotted.

Plus, IMO, RC looks way more awesome than Dread, especially on Ivara.

Golden Orokin toilet seat ? Leave it out.

All are reasonable balanced.

The paris prime will do a bit better against high level armor, the dread got a fair chance on red crits and massive slash proc damage and the rakta cernos best usability(draw speed) and the syndicate proc.

I did the L100 bow only interception both with Dread and rakta cernos and they both did perform very good(dread is a bit more rng with the red crit and slash proc but will often kill a heavy gunner one arrow quicker if you don't land a head shot etc.).

I did all the sorti missions today with the rakta cernos, scoring 66% damage in the 15 wave eximus defence, what I guess is not to bad with my ember(body shot crit is 45k ish with accelerate on a fire build and was sufficient to drop every L80 eximus in one hit with the exception of eximus techs that did need 2 or a head shot) vs 2 frosts and 1 rino using shotguns or status rifles(prisma grakta and braton prime that also work fairly well at high levels vs corpus).

I also vastly prefer the rakta cernos vs infested, simply because of the higher draw speed, even if the dread would do more damage at high levels.

For T4, all will work, paris is best with 1 or no CP, dread with 4 CP or having more luck then I got with the slash procs/red crits and rakta cernos gives you a free viral proc vs everything around you every 20s at high levels what evens out most of the cons and leaves you with a bow that is just super fast to draw and works against everything reasonable well without red crit, slash proc or puncture armor reduction mechanics when it comes to damage calculation.

Edited by Djego27

Dread or Rakta Cernos with a Corrosive build being enough to cover the Puncture difference of Paris Prime in most cases.

As soon as CP Auras are stacked though Dread is top damage with Rakta AoE Viral Proc and faster Fire-rate allowing more practical Enemy clearing.

Since you are on PS4 - I'd recommend leveling/formaing Dread/Rakta Cernos before GU18 comes if you intend to use it as your Primary Bow.

Paris Prime VS Dread

Paris Prime and Dread have the same base dmg except dread has it as slash which is better, it also has 5% more crit chance with mods thats a bigger difference.

Dread VS Rakta Cernos

Cernos has a lower crit chance and status chance but has a higher base dmg which is on impact, whats really bad, but as elemental dmg is affected by the total number of the base dmg (doesnt matter physical dmg type only the total amount of it) ull get more radiation/corrosive/magnetic etc etc + a bonus against shields and a - against flesh (talking about impact dmg) Buuut the big difference is that rakta cernos has the Blight effect from Red Veil which makes it much better than dread. So yeah dont be fooled by that impact dmg... Rakta Cernos is better than Dread after all

4x CP.

Dread.

Stealth spy runs

Dread.

Pure DPS and utility ?

Rakta Cernos.

Bad for stealth though.

On a tactical stand point, all the bows are near equal, but the Rakta Cernos actually beats out the Paris Prime at it's niche.

Even with Impact damage penalty against armor, the higher base damage of the Rakta more than compensates.

Furthermore PP cannot hope for powerful slash procs or red crits (Dread red crits and slash procs are semi reliable, PP not so) to even out against the Rakta.

But the only bad thing about Rakta is the failure to crit at the worst time.

But it compensates by pure draw speed. 

Edited by fatpig84