The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

Wow. This whole message seems to imply that our warframes are controled remotely.

+1 for my "Tenno are void-warped outsiders" theory. 

Consider this. the ominous message appeared "On Our computer monitors" not in the game. an error message thats breaking the fourth wall.

How long did it take you to get message? Because I haven't got one yet.

within half an hour of update 17.5.0 being implemented.

Yo Tenno brothers, are you brains fried ???

This is an obvious alert message send directly to our Cephalon : The message is "We found another strange transport -not tenno, grinner corpus or infested so obviously THEM-, we are going on board, good luck to you ...".

Obviously we have to Protect Natha because her stupid brothers/sisters are coming....

For All the Tenno,

For Natha

Glory to our Guide....

The Comet is coming

Motion compensation complete. = Ability for the Warframe to aid in movement and amplify the Tenno Strength.

Selenic lensing locked. = This one is hard but a quick search lead me to thinking it's referring to selenium. The thyroid uses this and helps the body in several functions like, energy use, heart rate, and etc. Maybe tech to amplify concentration of it?

Somatic control established. = Probably referring to the Tenno being able to move the Warframe while in it. Exosuits are basically dead weight if it fails to detect the wearer trying to move.

Margoolis implantation intact. = This one is very interesting. Searching this brought me to articles about a Lynn Margulis and her contributions on evolution, symbiosis, and endosymbiosis.

A brief skim on this (brilliant) Lynn Margulis is very interesting.

Evolution through symbiosis. Indeed, the latter enabled the former. 

Now, what's one of the most common words we see in Tennobet? Evolution.

Then with the symbiosis aspect...in this context, does this not imply that Tenno and Warframe are in a symbiotic relationship? Heck, a "Margulis implantation" seems implying a device to directly encourage that...

I am waiting on something before I put anything in writing. I have a couple... theories that make sense.

Agreed. Right now, what we've got is...interesting.

Look forward to seeing what you've got in mind.

Where do you see moon in all this?

Selenic, which is similar to Selene and thus may be derivative. Selene is a lunar goddess if I understand rightly.

pearl implantion intact?

"Margolis" in Hebrew apparently means "pearl"

Any other possible translations?

'Pearl' Implantation? Well, it then begs the question: What's a 'Pearl' in the Warframe Universe? Is it what the Sentient call 'Oro'? Or is it the devices a Neural Sentry uses to control Corrupted?

Margolis is not pearl in hebrew.

Margolis doesnt mean anything in hebrew.

"Pnina" means pearl.

Highly doubt Tenno are remote controlled. The Operator IS the Tenno, I don't know where people are pulling this entire theory from...

Agreed. Warframes being remotely controlled by the Tenno not only would be lame but also wouldn't make any sense lorewise. Why preserve a warframe in cryosleep if its operator is somewhere else? Or why would Valkyr be hurt and angry after Salad V's experments? Besides, doesn't Rhino Prime codex describe a Tenno without a warframe?

It is more likely that some external force is trying to disrupt/penetrate/hack into our frames.

Is this not a referrence to the Second Dream? Lotus hid the Tenno in Cryo by purging their memories.

The end sentence make it probable to me.

Unless ... our memoryblock is connected to our Voidlink. If that is being severed or even deliberately tampered with by someone to force the Tenno to remember ... the Void explodes.

Vor is back.

Agreed. Warframes being remotely controlled by the Tenno not only would be lame but also wouldn't make any sense lorewise. Why preserve a warframe in cryosleep if its operator is somewhere else? Or why would Valkyr be hurt and angry after Salad V's experments? Besides, doesn't Rhino Prime codex describe a Tenno without a warframe?

It is more likely that some external force is trying to disrupt/penetrate/hack into our frames.

While I agree with your overall view, I don't agree entirely with the steps to reach it.

The Warframes themselves are likely living creatures on their own - which helps explain the reason for the ever-enraged Valkyr despite the fact the Tenno we play as having never been through Alad experiments; and that itself lends to the notion that the Warframes would need preservation. Even Jordas echoes the Infestation's curiosity at what the Tenno are like them, despite the fact that there is no mention of the Tenno ever being infected with Technocyte - only being submitted to the energies Void.

Which brings us to the Rhino, a creature that was being worked on by a scientist that had no idea who "the ones from the Zariman" (the earliest mention of the Tenno from the Ember Codex) were or even that the Zariman had ever returned. Couple that with the fact that the "Rhino" demonstrated the exact abilities of the Rhino Warframe while our Tenno can use any of the abilities of the Warframe they're currently in and we have, in my mind, a little more evidence to link that thing to the WARFRAMES then the Tenno (while the end of that Codex describes the first encounter between Tenno and what-would-become-the-Warframes).

Whatever the Tenno is physically, I think there's a Venom-like Symbiosis between the Warframe and Tenno that explains for the sudden differences in size and body shape.