Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties... Bringing Damage 2.0 Issues To Light.

Dissonetic

I'm sure the majority of players have done a Sortie at one point or another. So I'm just going to casually drop this combination and I know what the reactions are going to be:

"Grineer and Elemental Resistance/High Level Corpus and Elemental Resistance."

Doing any of these missions is absolutely a joke and a waste of time in most cases. A 15 wave Defense mission took over an hour because the enemies were so AMAZINGLY difficult to kill. It REALLY says something when a correctly forma'd Lex Prime crits a Grineer Heavy Gunner for less than 300 damage. On a headshot. Or when an IMPACT BOW, Rakta Cernos, takes 10 shots to kill a corpus moa.

It has ALWAYS bothered me, but enemies around 40+ become bullet sponges without any increase in difficulty and a very small increase to damage they do. For the most part, a level 50 will hit roughly as hard as an 80. The enemies, unlike Legendary mode on any Halo game, or harder difficulties on other shooter titles, DO NOT GET ANY BETTER. If anything, the laughable AI is forcing DE to create bullet sponges with unfair advantages and effects like Nullifiers, the recent Scramblers, or Eximus types.

I recently got a few friends into Warframe for their first time. Their reaction to higher level enemies and boss fights were about expected:

"Why do they take so little damage?! This is $&*&*#(%&!"

"So I have to wait until the boss becomes vulnerable to damage him? What the hell. Why can't I have that kind of armor!?"

"It takes 4 clips to kill this same enemy that takes 2 bullets only 20 levels ago? Screw this S#&$."

I can't even imagine how many casual players just refuse to do Sorties because of the sheer time sink half of them demand. I have yet to see a Sortie with a fun or even interesting mechanic like Nightmare Vampire mode, or Extremely Low Gravity mode, like in Nightmare missions. It's just DE abusing armor values and damage reduction to make the missions longer. That's not any fun.

have not had that issue?   could still one to two shot high lvl grineer with my lex prime.  but then its pure damage with no elements.   So unless you were using an element on those weapons, when its clear that elements would be less effective then thats your fault.   If tis element resistance is up.  go for straight damage.  if its physical damage is up,  go for elemental damage.   kinda easy really.

Or when an IMPACT BOW, Rakta Cernos, takes 10 shots to kill a corpus moa.,

What? My Vulkar was able to one-two shot 'em easily. Or maybe that's because I was Power Strength Limbo..

But yeah, their armor is too high. And still I don't see problem at resistance (elemental/physical). Armor, yeah, too much stupid. While veterans still can outbeat it even solo (Trinity or Ash), it's still an issue. I guess, known one.

About bosses. The most boring ones are "semi-new" like Lech Kril and Sargas Rak. Their system is quite outdated. While I don't mind Lephantis being that fat. He has 4 chances to drop rare recources so it's rly worth it.

Most of new bosses are pretty fun. Jordas golem can be tough but, again, it's armor's issue again. So the only wrong thing is armor. And armor.

Corpus: Shield Polarize, may do low damage with "Elemental Resistence", but gets rid of about 3/5 of their effective health.

Grineer: Radial Blind, Spore and Avalanche, either raise your melee damage, halve their health or crap on their frozen armor.

And about Corpus... Impact: great against shields, crap against flesh (Crewman after taking out their shields) and Robotics (Moas without Shields)

And here we have it.

I find it to easy still.... I don't want strong/weaker AI, I want smarter AI. I find sorties so boring.. sorties is not end game as people say/think but It's clearly not meant for people who now started the game. I do random pubic groups and see people rank 5 doing sorties and do like 10% at most total damage ? And I do 50%+ ???

I'm not sure for sorties but you just run a full CP team and no armor/ get a mag and remove all shields.

have not had that issue?   could still one to two shot high lvl grineer with my lex prime.

I think that is an issue too. You either one shot the enemies, or they become bullet sponges and your ammo goes down. Besides the damane and the enemy scaling, the spawn rate should be polished too.

I havent had a trouble with any of those.. yesterday on the corpus defense where they had elemental resistance i just picked Ash with rising strom build and ended with 80% dmg and 1100 kills , Equinox's Maim also does the job there as it does slash dmg. 

For the phisycal dmg resistance missions i take my 100% status lacera which kills everything with an ease.

Edited by -SL-PWNpL0xB0x

and do like 10% at most total damage ? And I do 50%+ ???

Pretty typical stuff in warframe. People always looking to get carried. I wish the was just a little more restrictive with the sorties at least.

Would appreciate some clarification; did you not adjust your build to the mission at all? 

I agree with OP. Yesterday's Corpus def sortie was a painful a dull experience. If it wasnt for the fact that we had a Nova and a Banshee, we would have had to quit. we almost did because our banshee was afk for a large majority of the run. Needless to say the elemental resistance sorties are very trying and very frustrating missions to run

I'm sure the majority of players have done a Sortie at one point or another. So I'm just going to casually drop this combination and I know what the reactions are going to be:

"Grineer and Elemental Resistance/High Level Corpus and Elemental Resistance."

Doing any of these missions is absolutely a joke and a waste of time in most cases. A 15 wave Defense mission took over an hour because the enemies were so AMAZINGLY difficult to kill. It REALLY says something when a correctly forma'd Lex Prime crits a Grineer Heavy Gunner for less than 300 damage. On a headshot. Or when an IMPACT BOW, Rakta Cernos, takes 10 shots to kill a corpus moa.

It has ALWAYS bothered me, but enemies around 40+ become bullet sponges without any increase in difficulty and a very small increase to damage they do. For the most part, a level 50 will hit roughly as hard as an 80. The enemies, unlike Legendary mode on any Halo game, or harder difficulties on other shooter titles, DO NOT GET ANY BETTER. If anything, the laughable AI is forcing DE to create bullet sponges with unfair advantages and effects like Nullifiers, the recent Scramblers, or Eximus types.

I recently got a few friends into Warframe for their first time. Their reaction to higher level enemies and boss fights were about expected:

"Why do they take so little damage?! This is $&*&*#(%&!"

"So I have to wait until the boss becomes vulnerable to damage him? What the hell. Why can't I have that kind of armor!?"

"It takes 4 clips to kill this same enemy that takes 2 bullets only 20 levels ago? Screw this S#&$."

I can't even imagine how many casual players just refuse to do Sorties because of the sheer time sink half of them demand. I have yet to see a Sortie with a fun or even interesting mechanic like Nightmare Vampire mode, or Extremely Low Gravity mode, like in Nightmare missions. It's just DE abusing armor values and damage reduction to make the missions longer. That's not any fun.

Completed the 2 defenses in 30 mins, It's just a matter of knowledge of the game and his mechanics.

I did the defense, and it was pretty abysmal. But only because my friend brought his simulor. We realized after we started going, but no turning back. So instead of him wrecking things and me wrecking things, it was only me (valkyr) wrecking things while he kinda just sat in his bubble. He didn't even hit 100 kills. But we know that for the future. To be honest, I was never one to do super long T4's, so I was surprised at how easy the 104 enemies were, now that we've been doing sorties.

I use Ash for Grineer and Mag for Corpus.

Idk what yu talking about lol.

Weapon wise, yu should be bringing a Simulor for Corpus as it totally dumpsters them, and a Corrosive Soma Prime or Boltor Prime for Grineer.

If yu can't use any of those, just dumpster them with the Sonicor. Op weapon is Op.

I did the defense, and it was pretty abysmal. But only because my friend brought his simulor. We realized after we started going, but no turning back. So instead of him wrecking things and me wrecking things, it was only me (valkyr) wrecking things while he kinda just sat in his bubble. He didn't even hit 100 kills. But we know that for the future. To be honest, I was never one to do super long T4's, so I was surprised at how easy the 104 enemies were, now that we've been doing sorties.

Yur friend either has a badly modded weapon, or he is afking and yur doing the work for him, and he is silently laughing.

Completed the 2 defenses in 30 mins, It's just a matter of knowledge of the game and his mechanics.

This is literally, word for word, what I was going to post, except "his mechanics" would be "its mechanics". Not sure how many people you had, but there was 3 of us.

Edited by DTSWaRDawG

If Damage 2.0 was balanced, then why isn't every weapon viable?

Because not every weapon has 60 ~ 90 base damage.

Some also require alot of dedication and Forma as well as specific mods.

The weapons are not good in the meta, but they are hella viable.

For example, Harpak is a burst fire Puncture based Rifle. Even has a Harpoon on it. Very strong weapon with nice 50 base damage fired in 3 round burst, effectively making it an excellent DPS weapon.

But then meta game consists of Boltor Prime that just dumpsters people by firing rapid fire bolts.

People rather follow the meta than to dedicate themselves to a favourite weapon so there is that. 

They can only have one type of resistance, switch weapon before doing a resistance mission.

However I did the same thing on my loki last night. My Simulor was useless, but my Vaylok and melee weapon were still fully functional.

At least the scaling isn't as bad as Marvel Heroes' new danger room . . . F*** AIM.