The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Should Loki Get Rebalanced?

Ibro156

Don't hate me, but all the old frames had or are going to get a rework/rebalancing.

Loki can go invisible for stupid long duration. Able to teleport enemies and allies, also disarming group of enemies and making them fight each other with argument.

I know this is bit of touchy subject, but i think should be talked about :/

So does he need to be rebalanced, or just kept OP.

EDIT: Plz Don't Be Salty. If you got suggestions and rework feel free to say it :)

Edit 2: Be respectful and don't be a jackass

Edit 3: Reading the post. People have convinced me, it ain't enterily Loki but more towards enemy A.I reacting to stealth frames

Edited by Ibro156

Loki doesn't really need a rebalance. I don't find him to be as super overpowered as everyone makes him out to be. Actually, I find him to be the most overrated frame in the whole game.

He can do just about every mission type while just about never being visible. While I love Loki, he feels over powered due to that. Personally I don't think any frames should be able to go invisible or invincible. 

People need to stop throwing around the word "OP" 

Loki is probably the most balanced Warframe in the game. 

Though I agree that Decoy should be able to withstand longer. I see it as a hologram. Why do holograms die?

Switch teleport needs some slight touching up. But Loki is honestly in a good spot.

Edited by KJRenz

He can do just about every mission type while just about never being visible. While I love Loki, he feels over powered due to that. Personally I don't think any frames should be able to go invisible or invincible. 

His invisibility is the only thing that keeps him alive. Remove that, and well.. I guess Loki likes eating bombards then.

Depends on the player really. He's one of those frames that doesn't need Power strength to be good.

You have some weird sense about balance there. If LOKI is one of the best balanced then game and other frames should be balance around it - sarcasm  . I had seen few playthroughts of my friend and I haven't seen much of balance in there but everyone to it's own opinion, I guess.

Edited by Senteliks

Loki is really probably the frame with the most synergy between his abilities, making him incredibly fun to play.

The 'OP' about him only comes in the end-game. You really need to work to get the mods and level your primaries to use him effectively and for long periods of time.

Starting out with Loki used to be the absolute worst choice for this reason. His abilities couldn't hold up to his description with no mods to back him.

Invisibility is already becoming indirectly nerfed through improvements in enemy AI, which I find to be entirely justifiable.

His invisibility is the only thing that keeps him alive. Remove that, and well.. I guess Loki likes eating bombards then.

Depends on the player really. He's one of those frames that doesn't need Power strength to be good.

Which is why he needs a rebalance and or a change of skills. He has 1 skill that can make everything easy for him, you never need any of his other skills. Just go invisible...and stay there until the mission is over. Not sure how people can find that balanced, makes everything a bit too easy. I'm not complaining...I use him plenty for his invisibility but it still feels unbalanced.

Which is why he needs a rebalance and or a change of skills. He has 1 skill that can make everything easy for him, you never need any of his other skills. Just go invisible...and stay there until the mission is over. Not sure how people can find that balanced, makes everything a bit too easy. I'm not complaining...I use him plenty for his invisibility but it still feels unbalanced.

anyone can do that however can't they? find a good hiding spot and sit? that's just called an afk'er, and changing loki wouldn't do anything for that situation. (you can't even really afk with invis since it needs recasting)

We are soon getting enemies that can see invisible warframes. It won't all be peachy for Loki going forward.

I remember Loki being called weak and useless for over a year, just because players couldn't understand how to use him and he had not a single button to kill the while map.

And now he's OP? Things change, uh?

Anyway, master race is master race, just leave him alone.

The enemy level range really has improved since then. It used to be the base level in the highest leveled mission was about 35. 

Now, we're starting missions at level 80-100. Damage frames are dying off by then and CC frames are reigning supreme, now.

Back in level 35, Loki was rather useless in high density missions (until about an hour in), because the damage frames would just nuke the map anyway, and Nova would always provide CC to boot.

Loki is really probably the frame with the most synergy between his abilities, making him incredibly fun to play.

The 'OP' about him only comes in the end-game. You really need to work to get the mods and level your primaries to use him effectively and for long periods of time.

Starting out with Loki used to be the absolute worst choice for this reason. His abilities couldn't hold up to his description with no mods to back him.

Invisibility is already becoming indirectly nerfed through improvements in enemy AI, which I find to be entirely justifiable.

as someone who started with loki i regretted it so much. my guns were very weak so i would often run out of ammo on my primary and secondary mid mission. In the end i used charged attacks just to kill anything. Loki is the worst early painfully bad, but in the end hes godly.

Though I agree that Decoy should be able to withstand longer. I see it as a hologram. Why do holograms die?

Switch teleport needs some slight touching up. But Loki is honestly in a good spot.

Where's your argument for him being balanced?

Loki can remain invisible almost permanently, making him undetectable, and therefore, invincible. He can also cause MASSIVE CC, resulting the the player barley needing to lift a finger in order to use him. Shields and health are NOT an argument with Loki, as he again, just won't be seen so won't get hurt anyway.

So where's the balance?

Loki can remain invisible almost permanently, making him undetectable, and therefore, invincible

unless you happen to be near an ally who gets hit with a grenade or bombard rocket, or targeted by a scorch, or in between said ally and someone who's shooting at them with anything.

Where's your argument for him being balanced?

Loki can remain invisible almost permanently, making him undetectable, and therefore, invincible. He can also cause MASSIVE CC, resulting the the player barley needing to lift a finger in order to use him. Shields and health are NOT an argument with Loki, as he again, just won't be seen so won't get hurt anyway.

So where's the balance?

he can be invisible for so long because he will die pretty fast if he is not invisible

invisiblity is not invincibility, enemys still can hit and kill you