Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Capes, Or Actually Regular Capes

belthagor

I think a Cape would be a bit much. 

They should Just chuck another Colour Variation on the Frame Customization for a clan name "Tattoo" like thing. So you can merge the colour if you don't want to fly the flag or you can have it burning pink on your otherwise black frame to show your Clan with pride. 

Cape is just ugly physics and I don't think it would fit in with the style very well consider how nimble we are. 

plus with the new fabric system that is coming to the game it would look like a cape rather then a stiff back piece.

imagine if a cape could hide your weapons on your back, so you have to start using it first before anyone know what you got equipped xD

Capes on Space Ninjas? This is bad joke right?

We don't need capes or other clan "apparel". What we need at minimum are clan tags and ways for other players to see which Clan we are a part of (and choose to apply to). Cloths are perhaps too much.

I could see Dojo Kimonos which we take off for duals. Wearing floppy fabrics on missions is a recipe for disaster. Do you remember Thunderhead?

Edited by Brasten

A scarf makes more sense than capes flapping about.

Scarfs are the same a capes. Flappy fabric that will get caught on stuff. I have no wish to end up being sucked into one of those exposed Grineer fan blades because of a Clan Scarf.

Dojo Kimono. Leave it that, with maybe a hyperlinked clan tag/icon at the end of your name in chat.

Edited by Brasten

I'm not sure about having traditional capes, such as the ones that superheroes wear.

As much as I dislike Lightning and FF XIII, I think Lightning's cape looks much better than the traditional style.

There's a lack of screenshots of her cape, so I got this one from Google Images.

Final-Fantasy-XIII-Lightning-Cosplay1283

It's off to the side, so it wouldn't get in the way of weapons as much.

That's not a 100% accurate representation of her cape, but I couldn't find any actual images of her from behind.

Personally, I think Artorias' cape would be the best though.

4168280-1362522086.jpg

2LqBZ.jpg

It goes around the front as well as the back, so it's kind of a mix of a scarf and a cape.

It looks tattered to show the wears of battle.

It looks badass.

I don't know how well capes would work in Warframe, but if they did appear, I think Artorias' cape looks the best.

I'd be happy with custom clan logos that we could place on our shoulders though.

Capes would be completely badass in a game like this.  Maybe they could become more tattered and torn as you progress in a mission, but I see one downside.

This would up the minimum system requirements by quite a bit.  Not everyone has a physx enabled graphics card and getting capes to render and flow for 3 other players on your team is going to make your outdated video card work harder than ever.

I love capes, cloaks, and the like as much as anyone. But we're ninjas. Ninjas that "wear" skin-tight nanosuits that resemble a set of tight-fitting footie pajamas, excluding Frost, Vauban, and Rhino.

Adding some flowy cloth waving in the breeze every time some asshat breaks open a window on a ship is going to look absolutely ridiculous.

Please visualize an 7' adult wearing footie pajamas with a cape. It's dumb. Stop promoting dumb. -,-

Edited by akacorpse