Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Assassin's Creed Game In 2016 [Rumor]

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumor-no-new-assassins-creed-in-2016/

So a "rumor" is floating around that there will be no Assassin's Creed game this year and will instead be released next year, in order to make the game more like The Witcher series.

The source came from an anonymous user from NeoGAF who claimed to be one of the developers (Which is soooo totally legit).

Personally, I think the speed of AAA games can slow the hell down. (Excepting Bethesda, they can keep things as it is)

The rest of these yahoos can start doing some bug testing and actually finishing the game instead of trying to sell us the second half in the form of DLC's.

Graphics don't make the game, I thought we learned that over a decade ago when the last graphics-upgrade-treadmill slowed down.

They want to take their time on it? Good on them. I see no issue here.

Personally, I think the speed of AAA games can slow the hell down. (Excepting Bethesda, they can keep things as it is)

If Bethesda took a while longer I daresay we'd get significantly better results

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumor-no-new-assassins-creed-in-2016/

So a "rumor" is floating around that there will be no Assassin's Creed game this year and will instead be released next year, in order to make the game more like The Witcher series.

The source came from an anonymous user from NeoGAF who claimed to be one of the developers (Which is soooo totally legit).

it wouldn't be the first time someone from NeoGAF leaked something from AC. They did the same for AC Unity, and I think AC Victory (Syndicate) as well. Anyway, it's a good thing if they're taking a year off.

An Assassin's Creed game set on Egypt with the possibility of being similar to The Witcher in any respect? Yes please. It's about time Ubi realized that a polished experience every now and then is far superior to a constantly available rushed experience.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

it wouldn't be the first time someone from NeoGAF leaked something from AC. They did the same for AC Unity, and I think AC Victory (Syndicate) as well. Anyway, it's a good thing if they're taking a year off.

I'd much rather wait for official confirmation (which Ubisoft has said that they will not confirm nor deny the rumor).

Edited by TheErebus.

I'd much rather wait for official confirmation (which Ubisoft has said that they will not confirm nor deny the rumor).

Pretty sure they said something similar when AC Unity was first leaked, and when AC Syndicates (then, Victory) was first leaked.