Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Juggernaut Doesn't Take Melee Damage?!

dangerdragon117

juggernaut is an awfully horrible design, literally the worst enemy design ive seen in any game ever (and ive played pretty much everything)

hes invulnerable pretty much 99.9% of the time and when he opens up his weak spots for like 0.3 seconds, for some reason you cannot hit it, AND EVEN if you magically manage to hit it, you barely scratch him, it takes easily like 15-20 mins to fight a jugger in the sorties just because you wail him down with like 3 damage per hit

the reason hes immune to melee is: F you really hard, cos then you could beat him with quick weapons, but automatics need ammo, the fight wasnt boring and tedious and completely stupid enough

tried it, he took zero damage.

even my valk ult doesn't damage him.

Not the only one.

Did a sortie lvl 65-80 i think.

Thought about using Valkyr to mop up and get a tick in chore list. Pressed 4 and prepped to kill him, no damage...

Then I waited till he exposes his weakspot and killed him with melee (read number 4) anyway.

I can deal with regular Juggernauts, having to deal juggernauts in sorties is just too much of a chore.

I rather wait till juggernaut goes away in those to continue killing. I's not worth the migraine.

You can still melee it when it exposes its weak point. It has two which are:

1. The belly which is only exposed when it tries to do the stomp and diarrheas all over the place

2. The area above its head when it launches the BSoD quills or the toxin cloud bombs. You have only like a split second to damage this part though.

he can be damaged in melee, but oly in his weak points, same applies for guns too. I've found 2 effective ways to kill them effectively:

1. wait for them to do a ground attack, they will raise their front legs, exposing the weak spot (glowing Sac) on their belly. shoot here, or melee and then move the Hek back. Range is your friend against Juggernauts, although Cover is your bestie once the quills come at you!

2. get up really, really high and shoot downwards. they have a second weak spot on their back, which can be hard to hit sometimes, but it still gives crits. sue a precise weapon like a bow and you should be fine.

other advice:

- NEVER underestimate it's Quill attack, that shish will OHK you every time.

- they move slow normally, but remember they can charge attack, so avoid that.

- don't draw them out unless you know that you and your team are prepared. there's no shame in letting them pass for the sake of not compromising the mission.

- use distraction. anything you can do to draw it's aggro will benefit you greatly. I like using Loki's Decoy for this.

- anything that slows him is also great. whether it's Molecular Prime or just a cold Proc, Juggernauts are nearly impossible to miss due to their size, just remember where to shoot (top of back if belly cannot be hit)

- I can also confirm Zenurik Void Pulse works on them, you can go under them and shoot their belly Sac while they are trapped.

the only thing that annoys me about them is that they still take forever to kill, but there we go.

If you run with or have the stone focus class, it helps to have that built up just in case it goes for the stomp. Time it right and he will be frozen with his weakness open long enough for you to rip him a new one. If that doesn't work and you are using Ash, then Bladestorm works wonders still.

Classic invulnerability design. Boring as hell, one shots you on high levels.

Overall i rather see them remove this annoyance. I just ignore it anyway. Invulnerability mechanics are getting old.

Not hard but boring and needlessly time consuming. We dont need things like this.

tried it, he took zero damage.

even my valk ult doesn't damage him.

Ignore melee. Ivara's Sleep Arrow knocks them out for about 8-10 secs depending on your Duration mods, and your team can just pound those rounds in. Even better if you hit it with it whilst its weak point's out, because IT STAYS OUT WHILST IT'S SLEEPING.

You're welcome.

juggernaut is an awfully horrible design, literally the worst enemy design ive seen in any game ever (and ive played pretty much everything)

hes invulnerable pretty much 99.9% of the time and when he opens up his weak spots for like 0.3 seconds, for some reason you cannot hit it, AND EVEN if you magically manage to hit it, you barely scratch him, it takes easily like 15-20 mins to fight a jugger in the sorties just because you wail him down with like 3 damage per hit

the reason hes immune to melee is: F you really hard, cos then you could beat him with quick weapons, but automatics need ammo, the fight wasnt boring and tedious and completely stupid enough

A torid takes it down in less than 2 minutes regardless of a weak spot opening or not. AOE weapons with a corrosive build kill it way to easy... Researching your enemy is the most powerful weapon one can weld in any game mate

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

>>shrugs<< if the map permits it I just find a good perch and kite the damn thing and if not I take advantage of any barriers I can and hop around and pick it off as It exposes its squishy parts.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can just pepper it with Talon attacks and wait for the Juggernaut to expose its weak points and detonate them when it does????

Edited by Khazid_Hae

There's def far worse out there but yeah he's pretty damn annoying.  

It's bad enough his weak spot is where it is but I find anytime you use a CC move on him like Rhino's Stomp as well that even if he's on his hind legs when you cast it'll automatically set him in a quadraped position and keep him CCd like that, preventing you from doing anything to the weak spot.

Honestly though certain enemies in this game are worse... cough Vay Hek, Krill and Ruk with their stupidly small hitboxes, weak points and timed weak points. (While not hard their fights last FOREVER because of this crap).

I know DE just wants to avoid making a bunch of bullet sponges for bosses/enemies but honestly *weak-point only* enemies and bosses aren't really much of a step up.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

No reason to bother drawing him out in any high level mission like sorties.  Just stop killing infested when you hear the roar and wait until lotus says he's passed or whatever she says, then start killing again.

If anyone needs to fight him for his loot drops, then do it in missions that are lower level and when you are actually hunting for him, otherwise it's a very boring, dull and pointless fight if enough people on the team aren't up to par on fighting extreme high level juggernauts.

Sounds like you have no clue how to kill it, or I am a GOD cause I killed one solo in a Sortie mission.