The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Nerf Suggestion

Epsik-kun

Because wanting something nerfed or buffed is balance.

I also dont think you get that excalibur is more overpowered, and I'm fine with that, but wheres your 'we need to fix excal, hes doing too much damage' topic?

Well, I don't care about Valkyr being invincible. The only thing I care about, is that both her armor and innate life steal are completely and totally useless. Also, "I don't think" you understand that this change will not have "major" effect on an actual Valkyr gameplay, while silencing everyone who is mad over Valkyr invincibility.

Here's your "fix Excal" topic

Have something else to add?

Edited by Epsik-kun

The OP seems overly concerned for someone who doesn't play Valkyr and has zero issues with Hysteria.

The only thing I care about, is that both her armor and innate life steal are completely and totally useless.

Because it's a bad design.

Well, I don't care about Valkyr being invincible. The only thing I care about, is that both her armor and innate life steal are completely and totally useless. Also, "I don't think" you understand that this change will not have "major" effect on an actual Valkyr gameplay, while silencing everyone who is mad over Valkyr invincibility.

Here's your "fix Excal" topic

Have something else to add?

Yes

I ALSO don't think you realize she has low health, and her armor while nice, doesn't protect against:

Slash procs, which can and will happen when you fight any grineers

Toxic, which will happen when you fight any infested ever

Corpus scorch drones, which can and will pop up and S#&$ their nades everywhere

Nullifiers

And raw level scaling.

Her health really is low if you take ash, or syran into consideration, and neither of them are actually considered mele frames.

Armor is a placebo stat for the most part. You will damage sponge the lower level planets to be sure, but 30+ ones will start to hurt a bit, 60+ will chunck you, and 100+.. well you don't want to get shot there.

Of course you wouldn't know this cause you're making sweeping generalizations about a frame you haven't even played yet.

I fail to see how inevitable death because of lack of enemies around you is better design than reliance on invincibility. Hey you cleared the entire room, but no respawns there yet, watch yourself dying or spam health pads because thats fun gameplay.

I rather haveone of  those so called "OP" frames rather than all of these "balanced" frames combined. The game mechanics already fall apart in sorties and you can go WAY higher in endless missions. As long as our "endgame" content is this broken I rather have sometihng equally broken being capable of dealing with it instead of getting killed in a split second from a lvl60 eltie arid lancer. A fully built damage frame with a l50 damage fall-off is ridiculously underpowered in my eyes as getting all thatt stuff to create that build goes well beyond clearing the starchart and takes quite some investment.

This isn't specific to Valkyr but to quite a number of frames compared to the rest.

Specifically talking about Valkyr. I want to see a rework making her still unqiue AND powerful where hysterias invincibility is removed. CHroma was already mentioned. Runnign around with the Armor of a lvl200 Bombard while having a 500% damage multiplier on all Weapons without a restriction of choice is already pretty damn strong concurrence for Valkyr as Valkyr lacks AoE. Her single target damage might be insane but Chroma can pick whatever he wants while also dealing insane damage. 5x times damage Tonkor? Well no problem.

Now you can argue that Chroma can actually die and that is true, since scaling in this game is just outright stupid as is the entirety of T4 and you notice that in Sorties quite often when you see l100 versions of mobs that look like they weren't meant to ever exist at that level.

Then I have another Candidate for you. Wukong. While Wukong is technically still killable, a correctly built Wukong needs to get killed constantly for like 3-4 minutes until he would die without de and reactivating Defy. Wukong also features a weapon ultimate with high damage and what it lacks over Valkyrs damage it gains in reach and if you quite dont like that just pick a weapon of your choice. You dont have a damage multiplier like Chroma but therefore you barely need to care about your survival and can just fire away.

All 3 of them currently, are in some sort of balance. They are all different types of tanks that are particulary good at survival while dealing solid to high damage in certain categories but entirely lack control skills, rendering them unable to do quite a few mission types on a high level. Aka you wont see a Valkyr doing T4 defense solo.

While Valkyr might not be super interactive because you dont have to worry about your survival desperately looking for a way to make her mortal because "OP", "boring", "bad design" or reasons and throw that in with a little " I dont play Valkyr" with the icing of "DE will know how to fix the rest" is pretty damn useless feedback.

I play Valkyr rarely atm because I dont find her all that flashy and just not versatile enough to be my standard go to frame despite liking her overall design. Same for Chroma and Wukong btw. but even if I would welcome a change of pace for her its extremely hard to maintain the same feel and concept of her while taking her invincibility away.

I simply can't imagine the ffort being worth it. They might as well design an entirely new warframe over reworking Valkyr. Especially with claws as her forced weapon she needs to go face directly which is a direct invitation to get shot, even more so than for most other melee weapon types.

While the concept itself might be "OP" or "broken", Valkyr doesn't  break the game and I rather have it stay this way than have a trash level frame because people wanted something fixed that doesn't need fixing.

There are frames which can actually break the game but i dont see any mention of them. Like Loki, Frost, Trinity, Equinox and lets even say Excalibur if you want.

And I wouldn't even argue that those need nerfing. I would argue that all frames should have that potential of power and influence and basically half of the frames are quite a bit away from that with Valkyr obviously being not one of them.

Yes

I ALSO don't think you realize she has low health, and her armor while nice, doesn't protect against:

Nullifiers

And raw level scaling.

Her health really is low if you take ash, or syran into consideration, and neither of them are actually considered mele frames.

Armor is a placebo stat for the most part. You will damage sponge the lower level planets to be sure, but 30+ ones will start to hurt a bit, 60+ will chunck you, and 100+.. well you don't want to get shot there.

Of course you wouldn't know this cause you're making sweeping generalizations about a frame you haven't even played yet.

To be honest it is a one big "wat". How is this related? I never suggested to remove invincibility to direct damage. Also, please refrain from telling me blatant lies about how Valkyr HP is low, how slash procs destroy you and how 600 armor is a "placebo". I use Excal who has much less effective health, and I solo T4S for over a hour. After 40 minutes you don't even use waves - you go up close into melee - Valkyr style. And you don't get one-shotted if you aware of what happens around you.

I'm starting to get an idea, that it is you who don't know how to play Valkyr, while experienced Valkyrs I tend to see would have zero problems with everything you listed.

And especially because I didn't played yet - I suggest a concept. If I did play Valkyr, I would suggest the same thing (be sure of that), but with more details and numbers.

I fail to see how inevitable death because of lack of enemies around you is better design than reliance on invincibility. Hey you cleared the entire room, but no respawns there yet, watch yourself dying or spam health pads because thats fun gameplay.

inevitable death

inevitable

Ever tried not to eat 40 Corrupted Bombard missiles with your face?

Yes

Nullifiers

And raw level scaling.

I did. Was so deep into void missions that i stopped counting and only ever used hysteria to resurrect people. That is the reality of her basestats. She manages just great, invincibility or not. The difference is simply the divine power/health management that comes with not playing hysteria, what allows frickin high strength builds, what skyrockets her dps. Invincibility. Is. Wasted. On. Her. Even more then that. It's actually harmfull more then usefull. Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

This needs proper thinking though:

If Hysteria had some form of "you need to kill things to keep living" (which I like as a base concept btw), in one form or another, it needs to be implemented in a way so that your teammates aren't indirectly killing you by killing enemies before Valkyr can. (That, AND her other abilities needs buffs here and there, but that's not the point of this post/thread)

So, here are my thoughts:

*** Hysteria now has some form of lifedrain (probably based on damage taken, with some caps etc?)

*** Hysteria provides Valkyr with a "sadism" aura of 4/5/6/7-ish meters (affected by Power Range?), and if any enemy that dies within that range (or if Valkyr kills an enemy herself, regardless if it is within the aura or not), she is healed by X%.

^ There ya go. Berserkery "fight to live"-'style, while still able to NOT get trolled by teammates.

The OP seems overly concerned for someone who doesn't play Valkyr and has zero issues with Hysteria.

Agreed.

I was on board at the start of the thread, but between the "i dont play valkyr" and the "why are you guys talking about balance" and the "i dont care about hysteria being invincible", I really don't think the OP is doing his idea any favours. Props to at least admitting that you have zero experience with Valkyr, though.

I use Excal who has much less effective health, and I solo T4S for over a hour. After 40 minutes you don't even use waves - you go up close into melee

Someone doesn't have a good build, waves should still be able to chop through 60min easily. That's like saying Valks damage falls off.

If Hysteria had some form of "you need to kill things to keep living" (which I like as a base concept btw), in one form or another, it needs to be implemented in a way so that your teammates aren't indirectly killing you by killing enemies before Valkyr can. (That, AND her other abilities needs buffs here and there, but that's not the point of this post/thread)

*** Hysteria now has some form of lifedrain (probably based on damage taken, with some caps etc?)

*** Hysteria provides Valkyr with a "sadism" aura of 4/5/6/7-ish meters (affected by Power Range?), and if any enemy that dies within that range (or if Valkyr kills an enemy herself, regardless if it is within the aura or not), she is healed by X%.

^ There ya go. Berserkery "fight to live"-'style, while still able to NOT get trolled by teammates.

Well i mean the classical berserker is less "kill to keep killing" but rather "you hurt me bro? Let me show you something"...

The ideal hysteria would buff her armor and damage depending on her active health. Add a passive that ignores the QT stagger and the reflecting aura and there you go, badass hysteria that isn't in conflict with her stats.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Because wanting something nerfed or buffed is balance.

I also dont think you get that excalibur is more overpowered, and I'm fine with that, but wheres your 'we need to fix excal, hes doing too much damage' topic?

Yes, we should definitely not talk about other frames as long as Excal needs more balancing. That makes perfect sense. We should also probably change the name of the Warframes and Abilities section to the Balance Excal section for the sake of clarity as well.

How quickly some people have forgotten what DE did to Mesa.

Increased her damage and gave her the ability to prioritize enemies?

Edited by xRufus7x

Copy paste from what I have written thousands of times.

Have range mods affect Hysteria's aura inversely, increased range will reduce it, and reduced range will increase it. Have it have a similar effect to Nyx's Absorb in how after a certain amount of damage taken, she looses energy, something along the lines of, when she takes 1k damage she looses 1 energy. At max efficiency (this effect not being affected by duration efficiency) she would loose 1 energy for 4k damage (numbers could use tweaking). 

While in Hysteria she currently only takes 7.5% of the damage done to her to her counter. Change it too 20% but have it be affected inversely with power mods. 200% power strength and she takes 10% damage done to her for her counter. Damage done calculation should remain as is, this would cause armor to still increase her tankyness even during Hysteria. 

Boom a somewhat balanced Hysteria without outright removal of her invulnerability (but drastically reduced possible duration) of course if enemies drop energy orbs like being in an orgy of 50 hooker drops calories, then you would still never leave hysteria. Maybe increase her default starting energy pool to 125 or 150 to offset this nerf/balance/buff/whatever you want it to be.

I agree on the point about teammates. I don't think hysteria needs any actual passive drain, save for the one she'll get for being hit, but getting partially healed for a teammates' kills might be required. On the other hand, it would be hard to kill-steal from Valkyr when she's already on the point she can be killed by burst damage.

I was on board at the start of the thread, but between the "i dont play valkyr" and the "why are you guys talking about balance" and the "i dont care about hysteria being invincible"

Which was at the start of the thread precisely. You don't get that, while don't care about Valkyr invincibilty myself, I sure saw a lot of people complaining about it myself. That's why I have a suggestion, that kinda removes this invincibility. It is a possible solution, I'm just sharing it.

Someone doesn't have a good build, waves should still be able to chop through 60min easily. That's like saying Valks damage falls off.

Tell me more. My build has 185 Power Strength and can go over 300 if I want to, while using the best currently possible DPS build for melee. Tell me how it is supposed to "chop through 60 min easily" when lvl 110+ Corrupted Bombards start to receive less than a hundred damage from a hit?

Waves start to fall off quickly at min 40. Close melee starts to fall off around min 50~60, forcing you to spam Spin Blind like mad.

Isn't this basically the Vampire mode of Nightmare missions? As you can probably guess by my profile pic, Valk is my favourite frame. Though this change might make things more interesting I do not think it makes much sense.

Speaking of vampires... A vampire themed frame sounds fun

Isn't this basically the Vampire mode of Nightmare missions? As you can probably guess by my profile pic, Valk is my favourite frame. Though this change might make things more interesting I do not think it makes much sense.

Speaking of vampires... A vampire themed frame sounds fun

Nah, I was thinking about high DoT. In example, if you receive enough damage that should had killed you already, you'll lose all your health in, say, 5 seconds. It might be quickier or slightly slower, but that's the basic idea.

Damage you are receiving could be either diminished prior to going throught your armor as it does now, or it could go unmitigated (save for the armor and block, ofc), however Hysteria lifesteal should be pumped up two-three times and allowed to reduce buffered damage. So, if you ate several times your EHP damage, you can save yourself by doing one-two finishers on enemies.

Valkyr currently is so overpowered playing her became boring.

She is invincible while can dishout the highest amount of damage in this game.

Atleast make her not invincible anymore.

And people forgetting that Hysteria has lifesteal? One hit and 1 hp Valkyr becomes full. Atleast with damage mitigation instead of true invincibility, the player will have reasons to hit things and Life steal will actually serve a purpose.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

honestly valkyr needs another rework the #3 skill is still useless and Hysteria still sucks  now it has more damage modifiers but it still attacks 1 target at a time   ,  how is hysteria breaking the game for all of  you   crying people shes unkillable but she  kills  1 target at a time while everyone else blows entire rooms at a time , shes basically there to make sure you guys dont die