The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Insta-Killing Me?

(XBOX)RIOTx420

Question

So I try to play ODD at least once a day if I can ,

I just enjoy it and normally solo upto wave 30.

Last couple days thou on wave 19 something is coming in and killing me instantly !

Got full shields and health going ... mission is running smooth as always and then BAM ! I'm dead.

Who am I missing , who is it that's taking me out so fast there's nothing I can seem to do about it ?

Edited by (XB1)MaDHatteR420000

18 answers to this question

I'm 99% certain it's a Toxic Ancient, possibly an Eximus at that. The Toxic Ancient's scream attack (yes, it's an attack) can hit you from a ridiculous distance and has no particle effect attached to it, you literally just take damage if it's targeting you and you're in range.

Alternatively, a Venom Eximus aura can deal hundreds of damage in one tick if it's a high enough level, which usually starts occurring around wave 20, like you're experiencing. The Venom aura also, annoyingly enough, passes through terrain, so you can easily get caught in one or more auras on ODD and die without even seeing your killer.

Edited by Ailith

You're not been Radiation Proc'ed and killed by your own Sentinal?  Happened to me a few times Dat Prime Sweeper <3

Last thing that could radiate you from infested was the mutalist moas and it was quickly changed from radiation proc to corrosive proc due to massive whining from mesas who wrecked their own pods in defense together with their whole teams.

The most likely is toxic ancient like others said, maybe also the moas with their goddamn goo, this thing hits hard on higher levels.

Toxic ancient spittle? That's the only thing that comes to mind tbh.

Definitely this.  Venomous auras can't OHK that early on.  Only thing I have that stands up to that attack is my Chroma (on him it's great!  maxed Fury woohoo!).  In my experience, the range is only really a problem within, say, Orthos Prime (non Primed Reach) range.  Really frustrating - I hate getting one shotted by those things.

Since when do toxic ancients deal any noticeable damage? 

So I try to play ODD at least once a day if I can ,
I just enjoy it and normally solo upto wave 30.

Last couple days thou on wave 19 something is coming in and killing me instantly !
Got full shields and health going ... mission is running smooth as always and then BAM ! I'm dead.

Who am I missing , who is it that's taking me out so fast there's nothing I can seem to do about it ?

The enemy that is oneshotting you was probably the Tar-Mutalist MOA.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tar-Mutalist_MOA

Their glue shots can be very deadly sometimes. Other than those guys, nothing came close to oneshotting me except for high levels and i'm not considering Waves 1 - 30 as high.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Thanx for the feedback everyone ,

Normally running to wave 30 is pretty casual and fun ,

I was surprised and getting kinda frustrated that I was getting downed so fast with out knowing why,

But it also makes running ODD a little more fun now knowing that I can't just cruse through the mission anymore lol

Thanx for the feedback everyone ,

Normally running to wave 30 is pretty casual and fun ,

I was surprised and getting kinda frustrated that I was getting downed so fast with out knowing why,

But it also makes running ODD a little more fun now knowing that I can't just cruse through the mission anymore lol

Just please don't open a thread like "nerf infested, oneshot potential too op" okay? Haha.

Last thing that could radiate you from infested was the mutalist moas and it was quickly changed from radiation proc to corrosive proc due to massive whining from mesas who wrecked their own pods in defense together with their whole teams.

1. It wasn't that quick. The tar did Radiation damage for at least a few weeks.

2. It probably wasn't specifically due to Mesa or whining. All documentation suggested the damage type was supposed to be Corrosive from the get-go, and no one could really explain why Radiation made any sense at all.

On topic, I'm guessing a Toxic Ancient or the Venomous Eximus variant. After all, the fastest way to one-shot a player is to attack health directly, specifically noting that Toxin damage has a +25% modifier against a Warframe's Ferrite armor class.

1. It wasn't that quick. The tar did Radiation damage for at least a few weeks.

2. It probably wasn't specifically due to Mesa or whining. All documentation suggested the damage type was supposed to be Corrosive from the get-go, and no one could really explain why Radiation made any sense at all.

On topic, I'm guessing a Toxic Ancient or the Venomous Eximus variant. After all, the fastest way to one-shot a player is to attack health directly, specifically noting that Toxin damage has a +25% modifier against a Warframe's Ferrite armor class.

Sorry dude. I've got to tell you that we use alloy armor thus making poison not effective. You're not all that wrong though, in PvP we use ferrite armor haha.

Sorry dude. I've got to tell you that we use alloy armor thus making poison not effective. You're not all that wrong though, in PvP we use ferrite armor haha.

Oh... oops. I was thinking Radiation (which Warframes are actually weak to), which would make our armor class be Alloy. Derp.