Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clue Me In, Why Does Everyone Hate Archwing Missions?

(PSN)JayMadIV

grinding , grinding , farming, loot. My friend , that's hard to get in archwing that's why.

anyway traveling takes forever. ability to revive is (almost) not there i mean you're flying by at 500miles per hour how are you even going to revive someone? And it takes far to long to reach someone.

Its unfinished, as someone above me stated, but also its sound design leaves much to be desired.

in archwing mode, you have to slow down to fight the enemies, which isnt fun

In sharkwing mode, you move so slow you'd rather gouge your eyes out

lackluster game modes

lackluster combat

little variety/diversity

no point in playing it

People don't want to start from scratch. It's a new model you need new mods and this is key! THERE IS NO DRACO TO RANK UP YOUR STUFF EASILY! So mix it all together with clunky game mechanics people will loath it . I've noticed most people once they actually put effort Into it still dislike it but see its potential and support it still.

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

It's mostly due to the lack of content, the difficulty in earning affinity, and the heavily diluted drop tables that make it difficult to get the pieces to craft new gear.

Once you've grinded out all of the equipment and mods and ranked it up, it's a good break from the main game, but getting to that point is a huge chore.

ability to revive is (almost) not there i mean you're flying by at 500miles per hour how are you even going to revive someone? And it takes far to long to reach someone.

Casting Penumbra kills your momentum instantly. Timing your cast to land perfectly on top of your fallen squadmate with afterburners at full thrust is an art in itself.

Admittedly, that first quest mission where you get flung out into space and need to escape the debris field while avoiding a giant death laser was fantastic. Sadly, archwing never gets better than that first event. Or even stays as cool as that.

While I'm a fan of the wide-open spaces that the deep-space Interception provides, I'm not a fan of:
-how nothing accomplished in Archwing has any impact on the rest of the game [outside of obtaining Atlas], especially now that tellurium can drop in non-archwing Uranus maps

-The only reason to play is to grind for parts to build more archwing weapons and then in turn grind more in order to level them up, as mastery fodder.

-"Sharkwing" is bad. Really bad. Takes out that wide-open space I mentioned, and crams you into a claustrophobic mess of narrow tunnels, or dumped into a larger room filled with enemies who can all maneuver much, MUCH better in their environment than you can.

-For how many missions there are, the difficulty scaling is insane, forcing you to grind the same mission over and over until you're at a high enough level to move up to and then grind the NEXT highest difficulty.

-Extreme lack of options for mods. Often, especially for the wings themselves, just barely enough mods to put one of everything on.

-a personal gripe of mine: trying to level the Odonata Prime, which has two (-) polarities on it, even though out of the three existing (-) polarity mods for archwing, TWO of them are rare, effectively forcing me to shove a different polarity mod into the space just to make use of all eight slots.

It's mostly due to the lack of content, the difficulty in earning affinity, and the heavily diluted drop tables that make it difficult to get the pieces to craft new gear.

Once you've grinded out all of the equipment and mods and ranked it up, it's a good break from the main game, but getting to that point is a huge chore.

This ninja speaks truth. Sadly it's something of a paradoxical situation: Archwing still needs a lot of improvements, so nobody likes it, so nobody wants DE to bother improving it, so...etc. etc.

ability to revive is (almost) not there i mean you're flying by at 500miles per hour how are you even going to revive someone?

Hold the revive key as you fly past them. Works for me every time.

People don't want to start from scratch. It's a new model you need new mods and this is key! THERE IS NO DRACO TO RANK UP YOUR STUFF EASILY! So mix it all together with clunky game mechanics people will loath it . I've noticed most people once they actually put effort Into it still dislike it but see its potential and support it still.

Hell NO Draco has nothing to do with it, No,  I wanna love archwing, But I can't it's a broken unfinished game model that's clunky and awkward. It feels even worse since movement 2.0/ parkour came in.

It's like driving an audi then being told to drive a cube van ..  ya it gets the job done  but ugggg NOT FUN.. 

Hell NO Draco has nothing to do with it, No,  I wanna love archwing, But I can't it's a broken unfinished game model that's clunky and awkward. It feels even worse since movement 2.0/ parkour came in.

It's like driving an audi then being told to drive a cube van ..  ya it gets the job done  but ugggg NOT FUN..

okay let me ask you this did you forma everything ? If you did than I have no argument but if you didn't than that's your problem and by the sound of it you love draco and just proves my point more lol. I use draco from time to time so I'm not a draco hater . And yeah it is clunky and the rewards aren't so great either .

Casting Penumbra kills your momentum instantly. Timing your cast to land perfectly on top of your fallen squadmate with afterburners at full thrust is an art in itself.

Actually you can just hold down the revive button as you get close to the downed ally and you will instantly stop and start reviving.

As to archwing grinding, its actually not that bad. its just not draco.

My problem with archwing is that there are too few missions. it gets extremely boring playing the same interception mission over and over again. As for the 1 defense mission, the enemy spawn rate and locations are horrible. it can take some times up to an hr to complete 20 waves.

I saw all the hate when I first started again and avoided it. Then when bored one day I have it a shot and love it. It's like starting over and once you get the mods it's very fun and rewarding. I wish there were a lot more levels and modes though, that's my only complaint.

Once you get used to it it's very fun. Even the rezing is easy. People just don't like change. I know a few who refused to do the recent event because they hated archwing so much. Shame for them because I got over 1000 r5 cores in no time and loved every minute of it.

Actually you can just hold down the revive button as you get close to the downed ally and you will instantly stop and start reviving.

As to archwing grinding, its actually not that bad. its just not draco.

My problem with archwing is that there are too few missions. it gets extremely boring playing the same interception mission over and over again. As for the 1 defense mission, the enemy spawn rate and locations are horrible. it can take some times up to an hr to complete 20 waves.

Reviving complains

Low experience gain (it's really low, really low. Most people go to Uranus survival and hop into a pool and leech)

^  Weak starting equipment + hard to collect/drop mods make the above issue more prominent.

Boring? No

Too easy? No (Duct tape a potato if you'd like it to be a little easier granted you find mods to use)

Annoying? Yes

Unfair? Yes

That's pretty much all of the problems. People starting out just find it so unfair and takes forever to level.

Whoah, whoah, whoah.

Who said I hate Archwing missions? Every time I play them I have a lot of fun. The current lack of content draws me away from them after a bit, but they are a fun game mode.

^ This.

Game mode is super fun and wings are all good stuff, but after a while it gets a bit stale, so i taje breaks.

Mostly i wished the spawn rate and locations for AW defence got fixed tbh. That mission would be fun with more enemies and less crushingly long runs since it generally takes more than an hour to complete a 20 wave run - yelp.

The two objectives for double rewards is a thing even ground defence missions could use tbh. Very nice change from the usual "sit in one plce inside a glibe until your balls fall off".

Not everyone hates them, somebody out there likes them.

I, however, think they are tedious.

Shooting dots on the horizon that explode, then scanning the depths of space hoping for something else to shoot gets very boring.

Not enough enemies, no engagement between the player and the combat (I could be shooting popup targets in a fairground for all I know).

Awful busy UI, awful shaky cam and woozy lines to indicate speed.

Atrocious, and I mean atrocious, covering of the crosshair by the frame during 90% of movement (I cannot believe a developer allows this).

The main problem is I have no connection (or much feedback) with what I am doing.

It is the same as real life fighter pilots, they don't see the real impact of what they do, just a tiny explosion miles away.

Quick question. Which sounds more fun?

Drop kicking a grunt and then shotgunning his ragdolled corpse vs holding the trigger over a target 1km away until it disappears?

To make it worse, take all of that, stick it underwater and make it slower!

Edited by Egg_Chen

Archwing is just very difficult for new players to get a handle on. There aren't many missions, and all but a few of them are very difficult. And it is in these difficult missions where the good stuff drops, which is essential for mission success.

Now this makes no sense because without outside help, new players will have a very difficult time winning these missions to get these drops in the first place...

I find AW great fun, but it's really bare bones right now, and I feel poorly realized to boot.  Exterminates absolutely don't belong in an open space map like they do with the Grineer right now.  Defense/intercept kind of goes against the very image I get of strapping two magical void-fueled jet engines to our !.  The only actual tilesets for AW are the Corpus ship, which is loaded with jet pack equipped crewman and various colors of osprey, and the under water tileset, which is loaded with various forms of scuba diving Grineer.  While I don't mind the slower speed so much anymore, combat underwater is virtually the same as it is in space - pivot and shoot.  Actual high speed combat is discouraged, and wonky sliding and sprint mechanics make it impossible to maintain any momentum except when facing the direction of movement.  Sprinting to the side is the same speed as simply drifting that way.  Slide after a sprint and turn 180 to face the opposite, and bleed speed harder than simply manually breaking.

It's just... unpolished, underwhelming, and unrealized.  The concept is golden, to a degree its fun, but it's no where near Warframe's level of "complete."  I got into Warframe when all the game had was the Corpus Ship tileset... and the game still felt like it had more to it then than what Archwing has now.

Edited by Littleman88

Grindwall is too damned high. If you want anything outside of the imperator/veritux you need to grind for it. Even the weapons you don't have to grind parts for are still really expensive. On top of that there are what, only 4 game modes? Exterminate, Sabotage, MD, Def? Just really underwhelming and grindy. The underwater sections are particularly slow and tedious.

It's unfinished

Lack of decent rewards

Somewhat bad RNG drops

Enemy scaling

Lack of decent rewards? This is hilarious! Is there any other exterminate mission that rewards you RARE mods or weapon parts for finishing it? NO.

Interception gives good cores, rare mods and not only weapon parts but also AN ENTIRE ARCHWING. AW Defence is the only mission that gives you TWO rewards per wave if you save both targets, that makes the grind easier and faster.

Bad RNG is a stupid reason, RNG is, guess what, RANDOM, don't blame it on AW, you probably meant bad reward tables (which they're trying to fix by moving stuff around).

What's wrong with enemy scaling? You can go 12 waves on Caelus and it's still easy, 20 waves in defence and it's still easy. You're blaming enemy scaling cause you probably have bad weapons/AW.

grinding , grinding , farming, loot. My friend , that's hard to get in archwing that's why.

anyway traveling takes forever. ability to revive is (almost) not there i mean you're flying by at 500miles per hour how are you even going to revive someone? And it takes far to long to reach someone.

Grind is a super lame excuse, that's the whole game, it's no different in AW.

Traveling takes forever? Sprint+Afterburner is SLOW? Itzal's Blink is SLOW? You don't know what you are talking about. AW can travel 8km in 30 seconds (with Itzal).

I'm sorry but only inexperienced people don't know that you can revive WHILE sprinting, just sprint towards the fallen teammate and keep X pressed (don't even need to be near your teammate), this, of course, works on foot too (it helps when there's a zipline above the fallen person).

You really don't know what you're talking about.

in archwing mode, you have to slow down to fight the enemies, which isnt fun

lackluster game modes

lackluster combat

no point in playing it

1. You don't have to slow down, Arch-Melee is the prime example of combat momentum.

2. They're the same game modes as on foot missions (some modes are missing).

3. Same combat as on foot with the exclusion of secondaries, melee is better in AW.

4. MR, JV raid, quests, AW alerts, FUN.

As you can see OP, the haters don't know the first thing of what they're talking about when it comes to AW. AW is fun, it just needs more content (mods, weapons, wings and game modes), a new Healer/Support AW is gonna come out some time in the future, so there's that for now. I AGREE WITH THE AFFINITY GAIN BEING TOO LOW AND SHARKWING BEING TOO SLOW.

Edited by JesterTheNight

I like 3rd person action shooters. Especially with excessive gore and blood. But I absolutely detest space combat games and racing games. They crammed a different game in, and it's not the best example of it's kind either. Plus, it's a mandatory part of the game. Unlike flying zephyr, conclave and wyrmius which you can ignore completely and lose nothing.

The action simply isn't as intense as the ground game.  All of the exaggerated, Michael Bay-style screen shaking can't disguise this fact.  

Enemies tend to sit in one place or fly in a straight line, making for easy targets.

Mission objectives are too similar to those in ground missions.

I was hoping for more asymmetrical mission objectives, fighting large enemy ships, fixed defenses, etc.  Maybe I just wanted more of a space sim than what the game is capable of delivering.