Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Debate: Should Warframe Have A In Game Kick System?

LethalLettuce

You can dismiss the argument by saying it will be abused, because it WILL be abused.

It is in every game that has that system. The only question is to what degree and how bad it affects the overall experience.

Right now, the problem is relatively miniscule and the solution here (kick system) would be glaringly problematic in this community. In other words, a cure worse than the disease. I've seen it in other games and we do not want this in this game.

Of course, there is an upside if we get saddled with this idiocy: I won't have to put up with Nezhas, Tonkors, bows, rushtards, or people wearing orange ever again.

How often do you run into a situation in Warframe where you might legitimately kick an afk player or one who refuses to equip a level 30 warframe or only equip a shotgun as required by the mission?  Once, twice or three times a day?  If they implemented a very restrictive limit like that, do you really think that it will lead to widespread abuse?

Do you really believe that DE cannot track the use of a kick system?

I wouldn't even care if they limited it to pre-mission, inter-mission and lobby only utilization.

How could you tell that they are wearing orange if you are not in the mission yet?

FWIW, as a new player, I don't know all the maps so sometimes I get stuck behind the group trying to find whatever tunnel they took and I'm sure it might look like I'm hanging back hiding and/or looting.

I'm not looting or hiding. I'm desperately trying to catch up and help but too new and/or blind to be trusted with a warframe yet.

I don't think I've ever been in a group where my absence troubled anyone, but I apologize nonetheless. I assure you I am trying to learn the tilesets well enough to keep up. I really do bullet-jump as fast as possible to catch up when I find that hidden tunnel/door/valley.

No, people will just ultimately abuse its power and just kick every single newbie or people with the incorrect loadout or frame which people want.

See an afker or leecher? Just leave or troll them so they leave.

After playing this game for almost 3 yrs now, its needed. im sorry, but wipe and reload isnt fair to those who play the game.  Your freaking out about someone abusing the power. i can say that in my 24 years of playing games and 16 yrs of playing MMo's since ultima online when it first came out, i have only been kicked from a group 4 times total. I dont understand why people are so afraid of a system that is in 98% of all the co-op games. is there abuse yes, there isn't an all powerful flaming game ruining amount of it. And yes, i have kicked people out a group in payday 2. why throwing grenades when they knew it was a stealth mission and not just 1. There is validity to a kick, if you do it out of spite you have problems. should it be 1 person has the power, o hell no. it needs to be a vote kick, if you need to go afk to use the bathroom tell someone. someone knocking on the door, tell someone, its not that hard.

According to the commenters in every single one of these threads, the devs have already said no to a vote kick. Never happening. Besides, people are total tools online when you give them any sort of power. I promise you, someone will find a way to abuse it no matter how restricted you think it is. It's what we do in online games.

I would be 100% for a kick system if it was designed by a AI or an animal. Not by humans though. Any system designed by humans can be abused in some way or another we just bring the abuse down as much as possible.

Team games are the worse when it comes to kick systems, so now this game DOES NOT NEED ONE. I have yet to join a match where the players where so bad, or so annoying that they needed to be kicked. We have a ignore system guys if a player is annoying mute him. The only exception to this rule are newbies and litterally just bad players.

Honestly it is you at fault if you feel inclined to kick a player because they aren't playing optimally to your standards. The kick system is not needed for this game because nothing in this game requires the need of the perfect team. You can bring anyone to anything and as long as their not a newbie or just really really bad they will excel in some way or another.

Unless you are finding random people for high level missions (which btw is stupid, and also impossible for anything off starchart) then you don't need this system at all!

Their is 0 need to waste time and money on a system that will be used at extreme rarity by any player who isn't a elitist or a troll.

Edited by Feallike

No. It will get abused badly and it would make it extremely hard for new players to play games and will cause a lot of toxicity throughout the player base.

A simply afk timer would be better so you would be kicked for being ask for too long but vote kicking is a big no no

let me be in your pub games for 12 hours and you will regret nothing more than what you just said lol

tricking the afk timer and hiding in unreachable places is the first thing you learn once you find warframe fun; leeching is the #1 reason why people want votekick

theres billions of ways how i can keep ruining your gaming experience if i really want to including but not limited to:

- MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE: Afking/Blocking THE Hackpanel you need to progress and theres nothing you can do about it

- Lasering you in Void Defenses

- Limbo Banishing you / Cataclysm Datamasses so you cant pick them up / lose them constantly

- mind controlling mobs as nyx with max duration (interception / defense)

- grabbing mobs AND players into unreachable/unhittable places with valk (for most weapons)

- keeping and holding the data package thing and putting it somewhere unreachable/same for void sabotage keys

- switch teleporting you constantly

- getting rad proc'd to kill you and your squad (even self inflicted) or even the objective

- Speednova in highlvl missions where you / your squad my not handle it

- Nova portal-shooting you constantly into places and block doors with them

- joining Keyshares and leaving when its my turn (idk if thats a votekick issue but ya know worth mentioning)

- intentionally make steep love to lasers and alarms in spy vaults and fail them ofc

- start reviving but never quite finish it and "accidentally" let the objective die woopsy...

- die all the time myself making you revive me

- actual chat abusive behavior and mic spam

- switching to extract at the last second

- switch tping you/grabbing you/keeping you from getting to objectives or mods etc. before mission ends 

- literally make you do ALL the work ALL the time, always no exception, just happily leeching and occasionally insult you

- putting frost globes around Krill/melee him all the time

- last but not least: quitting as the host when i die, or just quitting cos i dont like you and completely deleting all progress you made / mods you obtained, especially good in raids and long missions

- BUT WAIT THERES MORE: making you wait FOREVER! to reach extractions/ just dont press the button at friendship doors/ take elevators before you and call them back before you can enter

those are just a few of the top of my head, if you have to CONSTANTLY deal with any of those, not even at the same time you'll grow bat-excrement-mad within minutes, now tell me, wouldnt you want to get rid of people ruining your missions like this? I do

Edited by SYL3NZR

Go to the xbox neverwinter forums and see how bad a kick system is at its worst. Give people the ability to kick when a rare drop happens and they will find ways to justify being an asshat. As more people end up on the recieving end of the kicks they think its kick or be kicked. The rolldown into other aspects of the game is huge. There ends up being a divide of kickers and non kickers that add even more toxicity to a community that stops growing because new players are accustomed to being kicked and never shown proper game tactics and ettiquite.

Coming from years of PC mmos and then console play, a vtk system is awful. Warframe has a super helpful and vibrant community. The devs have put things in place smartly to prevent huge failures of other games. No vtk being one of them.

Please keep any form of vote to kick out of this game.

Hmmm, an AFK Kicking System..... O.O

AFK kicking system: After 5 minutes of inactivity while in a game session, the option to kick said player will be available to the squad. Players within the squad will then have the option to vote whether the AFK player can stay or be kicked.

Hmmmm, I don't know....If they can work around that, maybe it could be a thing.....Still seems heavily Flawed...

Doesn't Really matter anyway, Does it? After so long a player is AFK, the game automatically sends a ticket, and said player won't receive the Rewards unless the reward is innately offered as a Mission reward, IE Alert Reward.

Maybe an afk kick type system, but other then that no. I feel like a normal kick system could be abused a lot...Actually, so many ways come to mind.

I feel like that their should be no reason to even want to kick someone other then afk.

If you don't want to play with "bad player", new players, low rank players, etc. you can always solo, invite only friends, or use recruitment to find like-minded players to play with.

Don't get me wrong I do understand and feel that it is a shame that sometimes we get trolls or people who don't even try to help, but I feel that the abuse that would most likely come from it would be way worse.

Coming from years of PC mmos and then console play, a vtk system is awful. Warframe has a super helpful and vibrant community. The devs have put things in place smartly to prevent huge failures of other games. No vtk being one of them.

Also coming from years of PC MMO experience and Vote Kick works and is hardly ever abused. Sure it does happen from time to time but most of the time its sensibly used by players who want to move on with the content they are doing and a consensual vote gets rid of the issue and lets them.

As an aside from the "just drop and reform" argument the game has a nasty habit of deciding at random that you can no longer see anyone on your friends list or clan at the drop of a hat and that can easily spell the end of a play session more so when it still persists after numerous re-logs.

Edited by AzureTerra

If the kick syatem is fused with report toi. So i mean like troll player geta vote kicked he get report that he have been trolling. the same as overwatch but they can hear voice chat and see normal chat. So they can check if the kick was resonable. Then if rookie gets kicked cus some elitist. They check the footage and see that it was unresonable kick so yhen the elitist gets a warning.

This sounds good in my mind.

I don't want players having the ability to kick players out. That can and will be abused. All I want is an AFK timer system, where if a player is AFK for X amount of minutes, they're automatically returned to the Liset.

There is it's around 1-2 minutes I think?

Back on vote kicking,

I still think a vote kick can be easily managed and having one in the lobby would oh so great.

But we AT LEAST need an in-game report.

This system already exists in games like SWTOR and it works nice most of the times (kicking afk/troll/notdoingtheobjective ppl). Everyone can enable the vote in swtor, and that also works fine.

Like you said there are always someone that abuse of that system, is not normal and most of the times the vote fails and the player is not kicked (in the cases where a player vote to kick someone just cause didn't like the player's game style or cause beeing a rookie).

But yeah, it happened to me, in rare cases you can be kicked without doing anything wrong just cause the rest of the team thinks you do.

Please Define troll 

....i just came back after a while of being away left alittle after meg nerf and i can tell you this: this game does not need a votekick.

alot of this community has became toxic around draco and many other places that involved farming. 

when the event started i jumped into a public squad in which we work well together and complete the first part very well. during the second part i acciently picked a syndicate mission instead of the regular mission. i told everyone but they hit accept. 

told them about the mess up but they said "meh" it was one of the missions where you moved the truck with your shields. they said it was fun.

tl;dr

the game is fun with the general public but when you start dealing with....well toxic people THEN the game is a grind fest and a pain.

Have a new Zanuka show up and drag them to an AFK hellhole filled 80-100 with nullifies and Eximus units. Good luck getting that frame out of there.

Everyone will be like, oh I want to do that...right up to the moment you find out you can't get out without some serious pain and time being involved in your escape.

Or if it tags you, you get your gear sent back to zero.

Anything over giving this player base a vote kick option, the elitism and hate for certain frames is so rank and sour, you'll have nothing but abuse if there is the slightest opening for it available.

If you leave room in the Votekick system for it to be fair it will be pointless due to workarounds.

If you implement a standard Votekick system (Host/Team Vote/Any other variant) it will be abused.

Between being completely worthless and having a PAYDAY 2 $h!tfest I would choose NONE.

This has been debated and rejected a long time ago as far back as Closed Beta. So yeah, it doesn't get any better than what we have now.

Consider Public games to be MOBA matches where you have to just deal with it because there is no good alternative.