Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Revive Setup

AreeSoothsayer

Do you want to perhaps explain what the problem actually is?

I believe players are ignoring him being downed and just go on without reviving, causing a loss in Affinity.

In my opinion to answer the OP.

You're playing pubs

Edited by KJRenz

The reason DE changed the revive-system was because only new players bought them and there are a lot of better things they can get for their plat. Secondly, playing with clanmates/friends, not running around like an American action movie hero, helping the squad and playing tanky frames (or at least making sure to be careful while in a vulnerable frame) usually means I rarely use revives. Plus, now that I have 4 each mission means I'm not forced to change to a frame just because I've used 4 chances. 

I don't get some of you.

Nothing changed on my end. Someone got downed? I revive when the situation's alright (no magnetic fields, out of the electrified raid pad's range, etc.) and others revive me when the situation's alright.

Maybe you guys are doing something wrong that others can't be bothered to even revive you.

Edited by Uzpian

I had similiar situation today - was doin some DS excav on pluto and I had a hero ash at 3k+ crio randomly leaving vaunbans bastille to melee mobs. He was rezzed only once and downed five. My point in this story is, if You do dumb S#&$ ppl will just leave You to die.

Right now people dont revive anyone because they feel like there is no point to. In fact for most people there is a big reason not to which is immobilizing yourself for 5 seconds is going to result in them going down and losing their affinity along with the other person. So there are literally no upsides to reviving team mates. Before everyone knew and understood that everyone had a limited number of revives. It was just common courtesy to revive people because they were so limited. That and you never knew if someone had 4 revives left or none. So for all you knew you could be losing a team mate for the rest of the mission if they died.

A nice little affinity booster for like 30 seconds if you revive someone would be a great way to make people want to revive their team mates instead of just letting them die.

Nothing has changed on my end. Still revive and not-revive for the exact same reasons.

What I have actually seen is that now that people have 4 revives they take much greater risks at least with the first 2 revives they have in regular missions, so it might explain why when people drop they do so 5+ tiles away.

So, what do we learn from this? Better not die next time!

Watch out! I got a 30 day warning for insulting players' skill level once! Told them "Shouldn't have died" when they whined about not getting rewards when they died.

Sometimes it's simply not worth it to risk either competent players' life or mission failure to revive some guy.

Edited by Mofixil

A nice little affinity booster for like 30 seconds if you revive someone would be a great way to make people want to revive their team mates instead of just letting them die.

You don't need some silly reward as a reason just to revive someone.

It's not hard to act like a proper and competent player in the game.

Edited by Uzpian

Watch out! I got a 30 day warning for insulting players' skill level once! Told them "Shouldn't have died" when they whined about not getting rewards when they died.

Sometimes it's simply not worth it to risk either competent players' life or mission failure to revive some guy.

I just gave a well-meant advise ^^ But yeah, sometimes in missions like defense or survival you got more important things to do. When the life support is going under 15% and people are lying on the ground.

In my opinion, people should be grateful that they got revived and not complaining about not getting revived. It's mostly their fault to hug the ground at the first place. But there's no doubt that people don't care all that much about reviving as before since you get 4 revives per mission, i even witnessed it. I called it, opened a thread and got told it's sooo newbie friendlier. Yeah, sure, make warframe easier as it already is <.<' 

TL;DR: There are always evil players around. But as far as i can tell, most of us do still revive others. Everyone wants to get revived so they mostly feel the same for other people.

Edited by IceColdHawk

I just gave a well-meant advise ^^ But yeah, sometimes in missions like defense or survival you got more important things to do. When the life support is going under 15% and people are lying on the ground.

In my opinion, people should be grateful that they got revived and not complaining about not getting revived. It's mostly their fault to hug the ground at the first place. But there's no doubt that people don't care all that much about reviving as before since you get 4 revives per mission, i even witnessed it. I called it, opened a thread and got told it's sooo newbie friendlier. Yeah, sure, make warframe easier as it already is <.<' 

TL;DR: There are always evil players around. But as far as i can tell, most of us do still revive others. Everyone wants to get revived so they mostly feel the same for other people.

I thought I was safe as well.

3edbcd2331.png

It's funny because some other guy claimed that MR6 test was impossible with 30 ammo reserve, I've proven him otherwise and told him to git gud, he just manned up and thanked me for the advice. Some people are way too sensitive about themselves...

But maybe I'm just a nazi/bigot/misogynist... you name it.

Death is supposed to be a penalty, the ultimate fail state. At least in Warframe, yet some new-age people like certain groups and mentalities I'm not going to name because that would start a terrible S#&$storm think that they are above and beyond it. That because for some imaginary reason they should not be allowed to fail, at all. And everyone should "help" them in it.

Everything can be ignored under "git gud and get over it" unless the opinion is backed up by an valid argument and will pretty much stay true unless proven otherwise by another valid argument.

While OP...

I hate it.

Over and over I have been left to die because of it.

I mean, what's wrong with natural selection?

It's not like I'm absolutely immortal on the field, but I generally blame myself for mistakes, not the game and everyone around me. Getting revived is a nice bonus, not their duty.

Edited by Mofixil

Natural selection had nothing to do with it. 

The host was having lagg issues. The problem was the hoard of enemies stuck on the side of the door I was on, the door that would not open at all, and no one turning around to open it. No one coming back when I was downed twice. We were at 13oo in Exca and Banshee just isn't tanky enough to deal with all those Ancients. 3 of whom were energy eaters.

The host was having lagg issues. The problem was the hoard of enemies stuck on the side of the door I was on, the door that would not open at all, and no one turning around to open it. No one coming back when I was downed twice. We were at 13oo in Exca and Banshee just isn't tanky enough to deal with all those Ancients. 3 of whom were energy eaters.

No one is forcing you to play in a laggy environment, you can change your matchmaking ping limit or just leave and either host or join another session.

Heck, lags in Warframe are usually beneficial after certain point, the lagshield protects you from virtually everything.

Also, most infested units aren't exactly as mobile as Tenno, neither do they have many ranged attacks (Moas have one, Energy Carrier, do we count Ancient hook as one?), you could've just hid in some hard to reach place and wait for the team to come back to your tile, or finish the mission.

Edited by Mofixil

So you were probably miles away from the others. S#&amp;&#036; happens bro.

I found, that when im host tower, veterans (of rank 15+) and lower rank players (1-6)/ acting way riskier, than before. Just middle ground players, like mr 6-12, acting normally, trying to actually survive. Dont know, why. I can speculate, that newbies start to play game after introduction of new revive system, and they not pay attention, because they not have this "reflex" or "instinct", that u know, if u spend 4 revives and not wanna spend plat,u need to change ur frame. Veterans, on other case, arent pay attention, because affinity hit arent hard for them, and before koining my squad they already maxed sindycates and focus for today. This is just my thoughts, maybe they arent in right direction, but i noticed this stuff in tower missions, in behaviour of players.

Congratulations. You just solved the mystery of why nobody revived you.

I've had this happen during lag a lot, as well as attempting to revive someone during lag and not being able to because the game still registered me as being a tile or two away.

Regardless of anything, people aren't going to want to revive someone in a terrible situation, like being surrounded by tons of enemies behind a door that's having issues opening. Just gotta learn to man up and deal with it.