The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spending Money

DrewK

Question

Hey very new to warframe, but I have my starting frame to 30 and I'm not having fun with this frame. It seems like farming to build a new frame that is actually good to use will be impossible at my current power in the game. Is it worth it to buy a new frame with money or no? Is buying one of the Prime access packs worth the money for someone pretty new? 

18 answers to this question

Buying the Prime Access does give you a lot of nice discounted plat, and if you used it spareingly (Only on warframe and weapon slots, catalyst and reactors), it could last you a very long time

The Prime items that come with it are very nice as well.

But, if you get a 75% discount on your daily tribute (Login reward), using that to buy the most expensive plat package (4200p) for 50$ instead of 200$ would be better than getting the most expensive prime access.

What's your starting frame?

What does your mod setup look like?

What's the issue you're having in-game?

Volt

Only have like 10 hours played so I don'think i have great mods. I've been focusing on Vitality at first?

I just find Volt boring to play and seems like it will rake forever to farm for a warframe I want to play.

Volt

Only have like 10 hours played so I don'think i have great mods. I've been focusing on Vitality at first?

I just find Volt boring to play and seems like it will rake forever to farm for a warframe I want to play.

kid just get used to it because all that warframe is is farming and prasing to RNGsus to give u something nice i started last year march and im already hooked on the game and full of nice stuff and play everyday and is it boring sometimes? it is but its still fun because i love this game just find a nice clan start getting ur stuff and with time u will get what u want sorry for my english

Volt

Crafting a new frame can go prety fast.

Personaly i ranked Redirection first .

for weapons use Seration and Hornet strike first ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

Spend that money if you are enjoying the game ,

It will help you out a lot with your play style ,

And it's good to support DE

But modding is the key to every frame ,

Work on your builds and every frame will have its uses

And buy weapon and frame slots ... Probably one of the most important things to have

There's a lot in this. 

The warframe itself and its level doesn't drive your "power" very much. It does impact some things, like your survivability. A higher level warframe means more mod capacity and more shields/health. Whether you focus on vitality for hit points or redirection for shield strength depends on the frame - some favor one or the other. 

Your offensive power is entirely determined by your weapons and the mods for those weapons.

So if you aren't enjoying Volt, the question is "Why?" Volt is more of a caster-type frame, and maybe you don't like that. If so, find a frame you do like - some are a lot easier to farm than others. If you can't farm the new frame you want, is it due to a lack of firepower or being killed a lot quickly? 

Like many games, Warframe can be a progression. Maybe you like a certain frame but it's unachievable right now and you pick something in between.

To go back to your question: whether you spend money is  a choice only you can make. You are basically trading time for money. Spending cash on something like a prime access pack is perhaps a better value because regular warframes are fairly easy to farm, but Prime warframes tend to take more effort, time, luck, and development in game to get to.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. But, when you say buy a frame with money, I'm assuming you mean from the market, with platinum.  I wouldn't recommend this as many of the frames in the market also have a Prime versions you can get from the Void. If you decided to spend money and get platinum, research the frame you want and see if there is a Prime version.

Many normal frames in the market can be bought cheaper in trade chat. Plus, they are the Prime versions! If you want to try a normal one first, look up the wiki and farm the planet's boss that has its parts.

If you can join a clan, you can get Banshee without fighting any bosses or farming the Void at all. You could also get Zephyr or Wukong there, but they require Oxium (only dropped by special Corpus Oxium Ospreys in bundles of 8-13) and Nitain (shows up on average every 6 hours in a random alert mission) respectively

Besides that, the easiest bosses to farm are Jackal and The Sarge, on Venus and Mars. They drop Rhino and Mag, great frames to play around with

You do not need money, but the game is a time sink.

Why are you not having fun?   Are you only enjoying a game when you have constant rewards?   Is your frame a bad fit?  Think about why esp before you sink money in a game you may not even like. 

You can 7 or 8 frames to use.   Prime frames take time to earn or money to buy, but your clan has 3 or 4,  and the bosses drop a bunch that you can get easily (mag, rhino, frost, hydroid, several more easy to get ones and some more at higher levels).   Quests get you another 3 or so.  

Prime frames are 95% status symbol and 5% substance.   They have tiny stat increases and 1-2 formas worth of polarity.   Otherwise the generic frame with a couple of forma (which you get tons of over time) is just as good.   Prime weapons THAT DO MORE DPS are worth the trouble to earn/buy/whatever.   Most of the rest of it, normal gear is more than fine.

I pay into the game, but I really like the game and farming some things (cough, ivara) is just too stupid to bother with when I can pull out my wallet and proceed.

Edited by jonnin

Won't take forever.., I'm fairly new as well. 4weeks of moderate play.. (5days)

I Just took a even newer friend through and farmed Mag, Saryn, Ember, Rhino, Trinity, and Nova in one night... 5-6 runs at each boss, (Trinity in 3 total!) All I really needed was Serration mod at a decent level, and decent melee weapon. all of those bosses are solo'able, and all of them are under 30. Hydroid and Loki are next on my list. (Earth and Neptune respectively)

I now have a fully built Banshee, Volt, Zepher, Ember, Mag, Nova, Trinity, Rhino, and Saryn in my foundery with only ONE Warframe slot.. hahaha

When people tell you to buy Frame slots and Weapon slots.... listen to them. :)

With few exceptions, do not buy frames or weapons from the market.  Since you just started, save your plats and buy only weapons and frame slots.  If you want to buy plats, you should wait until for 75% off coupon show up as your login reward.  I actually would advice against purchasing prime access right now.  They're pretty good value plat-wise if you never see the plat discount coupon, but what happens if you spend at least 50 USD on a frame that you find out you hate playing?  What happens if you decide to quit after a few weeks?  

I highly recommend you get into a clan as soon as possible so you have access to clan tech and you can ask clan mates for help.  If they're nice, they can give you a tour of the solar system and they might also help you in other ways like giving you some essential mods or farming resources to build your next frame.  Go beat up bosses to collect frame part blueprints while open up more planets.  There are always people advertising and looking for people to join their clans in recruitment chat and even here on the forum so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find a clan.

What is it about Volt that you find him boring?  What is your play style?  Do you want to melee?  Be stealthy?  Shoot guns from far away? Be a caster?  Let us know so we can help you pick a frame that's better suited your play style, and you can also read about the various frames at the Warframe Wiki and decide yourself.