The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Alt Skin Concept - Devstream #67

KingTaro

Actually the hooves don't look out of place at all to me, the body as a whole reminds me of a Hippogryph:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcs8dT2RzHVwn1bv2qRtOmQFcHtn6Cf7ls57fMXqBP6D2Cp7oHrDKOW_U4Gg

And honestly I think that's a very cool idea. Of course the wings though... just cut them down, a lot.... and/or reshape them a little too perhaps, as they are now it's just faaaar too much.

There's the potential for something great here, but heavy alterations need to be made. The wing size is ridiculous, and completely impractical on many levels. If they were shrunk significantly, replaced by something else, or only appeared when using Tail Wind, I'm all for it.

Zephyr is my main and this isn't making me want to buy it. So here's why, first off I don't like her upper half being so close to the original. I'd like them to really change her helm and embrace a cleaner falcon look. The giant wings are okay, but they are going to fill up the screen making things hard to see, and when air born getting a bead on a target fast is key, having a bunch of clutter clogging up line of sight will be frustrating.

The more human female sleekness to the rest of the body is nice. The hooves don't bother me and I find them rather a selling point. The strange hip armor should go, unless it's something flowing like fabric, but if armor, then it's too bulky and out of place compared to her upper body.

I know it's a work in progress, but she's my main, and I'm not feeling anything like I did when I saw the Rhino Paladin skin.

Another idea for the wings I just got would be to make them entirely out of energy (and a little smaller, and filled) and only show them when mid air according to her movements (gliding, jumping, and vanishing before she falls quicker), during a jump maybe even animated so they flap to propel zephyr higher into the air (i'm thinking a little bit of infamous - second son here, the flight ability of his third hero skillset, if you know what I mean). so you kind of get a feeling of what happens "behind the scenes" when zephyr is in the air.

another good point to that would be that they wouldn't obstruct your sight as much as if they were solid and visible all the time. maybe hinted (folded?), but not fully unfolded.

Edited by Deejay3005

I think wings might work with an inverted omega shape on her shoulders, with energy "feathers" reaching out... preferably animated (ie, they spread in the air, tuck closer to the body on the ground. The pool noodle aesthetic isnt really doing much for me...

The pool noodle aesthetic isnt really doing much for me...

I second that opinion.

And yes, the wings should be made smaller and made of transparent energy, and if you still want some artsy fartsy stuff in there then i recommend making it have a skeletal-structure-esk bit of solid matierial. And i think they should definitely fold up and only deploy when in the air/doing an ability.

(Its still early in Development)

Overall, the Zephyr skin looks pretty nice, it does a great job making her look more feminine and people in the community like that (although I don't really care about Zephyr being more feminine)

Hooves kinda don't make sense on a Zephyr skin because well.... She is a Bird. It doesn't really bother me though because it fits the skin.

Her helmet concept is really nice, it looks like the cierzo helmet which is my favorite Zephyr helmet.

Now, for the thing that makes this Zephyr skin a love hate skin, The wings lol.

I like them, but they look like something from saint Seiya.

If I could change one thing about them, I would change the Size of the wings, they are too big and this can cause targeting and clipping issues.

I would also change the wings to a wukong helmet like energy.

What do you think about the Zephyr deluxe skin?

No hate

I don't know what I'm expecting from Zephyr's deluxe skin, but current WIP is exactly what I don't want to see.

It's been jokingly named a ponyframe, and as much as it still is WIP, it looks absolutely awful.

Quite frankly, something more streamlined, smaller, tighter, more mechanic than organic would appeal to me much more than this abomination.

I don't mean turning Zephyr into a japanese mech like Gundam, but something close, really damn close.

Something like these:

orbital.jpg

dajjal.jpg

But MUCH more organic looking.

Edited by Mofixil

I agree about the energy wings, that'd be cool like chroma's effigy.

As for the skin itself, I would've imagined the skin looking more like a harpy, I think the hooves should be replaced with taloned feet!

The chromas pelt wings don't really fit this skin. If the energy wings were the same shape of the wings she has now it would be fine

I don't know what I'm expecting from Zephyr's deluxe skin, but current WIP is exactly what I don't want to see.

It's been jokingly named a ponyframe, and as much as it still is WIP, it looks absolutely awful.

Quite frankly, something more streamlined, smaller, tighter, more mechanic than organic would appeal to me much more than this abomination.

I don't mean turning Zephyr into a japanese mech like Gundam, but something close, really damn close.

Something like these:

orbital.jpg

dajjal.jpg

But MUCH more organic looking.

lol I would love to Zephyr a skin that turns Zephyr into a gundam XD

I don't want to be rude, but-why? Why? Why hooves? Why the super huge and obnoxious bird wings?

Go back to a sketchbook, or use the original concept art for Zephyr please. I know Myinki has been working hard-but this should not have been sculpted this far. Someone should have looked at this at concept stage, and said, "No, this isn't right."