Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework

TruZender

I'll quote a post I did not too long a go to share my thoughts on a possible replacement for it.

Overload: Currently it is really lackluster at doing anything right now, as the damage is easily resisted, the variable damage boost and very short stun time add up to not a lot. So the change here will be to make it deal damage over a duration rather than all at once. On cast it will deal a burst of damage with a guaranteed electric status effect, and then dealing damage in the area with a random chance of causing an electric status.

Aside from his ult he doesn't need much changing, as he is more or less "OK" right now.

It would be cool if overlord was a toggle and you could jest walk (or float or somehting) around and have it be kinda like embers jest with lighitning.

for that matter it would be nice to see shilds do damage to things that try to pass throught them. more a barrior at that point but meh

I'll quote a post I did not too long a go to share my thoughts on a possible replacement for it.

Aside from his ult he doesn't need much changing, as he is more or less "OK" right now.

the cc could be good but aside from that meh, and I agree about you about him being okay but as the devs stated the frame choice for starters is more or less obvious right now. Thow of course we could just... nerf Excal.

No. Volt is not a melee frame.

THAT, would be amazing!

he can be and in his description there was something about providing "an alternative to gunplay" which well the only thing I can think of is melee. Sorry if I sound salty or angry but the forums will do that to ya

I know it is cliche, but come on, just give him Force Lightning already. When you have the power to control lightning, it just has to be part of the fantasy, along with lightning storms, teleporting, and lightning bolts.

fine fine force lightning is awesome

They will touch his 1 as well, it will be toggleable, but you wont be able to sprint or use weapons.

Considering that right now casting Shock doesn't even interrupt reloading, and how almost universally hated Spectral Scream and Petrify are, I have a hard time seeing this as anything but a downgrade.

I don't think a toggleable 1 would be fair, but I can imagine a charge mechanic, where tapping would release the current Shock, a one-handed action, whereas charging for 1 second or so would perform a two-handed, higher damage, and longer stun Shock. I want that.

And an ultimate with Lightning Strikes.

Mag is ok, but apart from Shield Polarize, no one really uses her ablities. Pull is ok, Bullet Attractor is only good in PvP (which no-one plays) and Crush is more or less useless at high levels. I can get behind a rework.

he can be and in his description there was something about providing "an alternative to gunplay" which well the only thing I can think of is melee. Sorry if I sound salty or angry but the forums will do that to ya

Alternative to gun play as in: Using powers. If you use melee, every frame is an alternative to gun play.