The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Organize Elemental Mods To Make Corrosive And Heat.

TrouNoir

Question

So I finished my Sobek, I'm very happy with it.

Problem is no matter how I arrange the status cards, I can't get them to combine the way I want.

I have Blaze and Scattering Inferno for Heat, and then Charged Shell and Contagious Spread to make Corrosive.

On paper this should work but no matter how I arrange the mods, I keep getting either Gas or Radiation. 

The result should be:

Heat - 2,864.4

Corrosive - 3,465

But I can't get it to work, I've tried every possible arrangement.

HBM0Z9U.jpg

20 answers to this question

So surely this should work? The order is Charged Shell > Contagious Spread > Blaze > Scattering Inferno. But it doesn't.

SxuKiAd.jpg

If your Blaze mod was where your Shotgun Spaz mod is, this would work. Blaze is combining with Charged Shell right now.

It's because your Blaze is in the first slot and combining with contagious spread.

I think you're going to have to move a Madurai polarity down to put Charged Shell where Blaze currently is.

Edited by Maicael

Combined elemental damage is always taking a priority, so plan it so that combined element is on the first row to the left, then add Blaze and Scattering inferno after those two mods.

The mod priority works like this: Top row is first, left side is the first one that selects the mods so it goes from left to right, then lower column is the same from left to right. So usually just put the elemental mods on the first row then the rest.

Here is the visual representation:

iNM7QJp.jpg

Edited by Ognj

The order in which elemental Mods are checked goes from top left -> top right, then bottom left -> bottom right.

Put Charged Shell + Contagious Spread before your Heat Mods.

So surely this should work? The order is Charged Shell > Contagious Spread > Blaze > Scattering Inferno. But it doesn't.

SxuKiAd.jpg

From top left, going to top right, then bottom left to bottom right, is the order in which the mods have Priority. It's like reading from a book, left to right, then move to the next line below.

Your elemental priority is: Fire>Toxin>Fire>Electric, which equals Gas>Electric

You need to have your Toxin and Electric first, then put the fire behind them: Toxin>Electric>Fire = Corrosive>Fire

Switch around your polarities if needed, you've forma'd that weapon 4 times, give that a shot if needed ^__^

Edit: Hey! Stop forgetting that Blaze is Fire as well, put that in a lower priority :P

Edited by Phailberry

It's because your Blaze is in the first slot and combining with contagious spread.

I think you're going to have to move a Madurai polarity down to put Charged Shell where Blaze currently is.

Combined elemental damage is always taking a priority, so plan it so that combined element is on the first row to the left, then add Blaze and Scattering inferno after those two mods.

The mod priority works like this: Top row is first, left side is the first one that selects the mods so it goes from left to right, then lower column is the same from left to right. So usually just put the elemental mods on the first row then the rest.

Damn, so basically my polarities are screwed? 

Ok so I've read all the posts on this thread. I'm stil new to the game and after reading this even more confused. Will you explain a little bit more about the priority of the mods and why that actually makes a difference. EX...should I put my pure damage multiplier on the top left box and let everything else follow that? Does that even help with added damage compared to me putting it in the bottom right corner?? I'm so confused...

The ONLY thing that matters in regards to putting mods in a certain order is mods with elemental damage, and ONLY in regards to what elements they combine into. Nothing else.

Edited by Azamagon

Ok so I've read all the posts on this thread. I'm stil new to the game and after reading this even more confused. Will you explain a little bit more about the priority of the mods and why that actually makes a difference. EX...should I put my pure damage multiplier on the top left box and let everything else follow that? Does that even help with added damage compared to me putting it in the bottom right corner?? I'm so confused...

Like Azamagon said, on weapons only elemental damage mods matter what order they're in, and that's only for the first/second pair of elements. If you want to know more about how to combine elements, what that element does when it "procs", or what combinations are good against which faction, then I'd recommend having a look at the Warframe wiki here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

I wouldn't recommend trying to read/understand everything all at once, just use it for reference for specific things you want to do right now. I'm sure anyone that's played a while can tell you that the wiki is really helpful, whether it's finding where specific mods drop, Warframes drop or the specifics on their powers.

Or in what order your mods unlock on your weapons when they bring dark sector back, but that makes it even more confusing. Sometimes I wonder how I ever learned how to play this game, looking at the questions new people have to ask just to understand one of the many mechanics in warframe, and they even did a tutorial 2.0

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO