Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just How Rare Are The Rare Event Mods?

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Question

18 answers to this question

I will only be able to play the event 6/8 days. I was just wondering based on the first day, how many rare mods did you get?

How rare are these mods compared to others? Im hoping to get them all.

Each Acolyte can drop 2 common, 1 uncommon and 1 rare mod.

Rare mods have a 2% drop chance, uncommon 11%.

Edited by siralextraffo

Well it's not as though the values have been datamined, but you could say the drop chance for a rare mod is as simple as 1+1... per cent.

Haven't gotten any yet myself.

You don't need to look at datamined information to get drop rates for mods. They're calculated with the same method as any other mod in this game.

Acolytes have at least one common, uncommon, and rare mod in their drop tables, so the probability of dropping a rare mod is 4/199 (2.01%).

Took 49 Acolyte kills to get all 12 mods. Hopefully it will take others less than that.

A naive first-order approximation says it'll take an average of 150 kills to get all 12 mods, so most people will take longer than you. This assuming that DE hasn't been doing any shady curving to boost the drop rates of uncommon and rare mods.

Acolytes have at least one common, uncommon, and rare mod in their drop tables, so the probability of dropping a rare mod is 4/199 (2.01%).

Considering that they don't have Codex entries at the moment, you'd still need to datamine to even know that they only had 4 items in their drop tables.

Considering that they don't have Codex entries at the moment, you'd still need to datamine to even know that they only had 4 items in their drop tables.

Then let me correct myself to "you don't have to look at datamined numbers".

That said, due to the fact that Acolytes have a guaranteed mod drop, the numbers necessary to rule out a second rare mod in their drop tables are surprisingly low, on the order of a few hundred kills (easily achievable with a small clan running solo missions for a couple hours).

it took me 117 legit runs + at the end i experimented with defense join-kill-leave till get a drop mod in solo (took 8-9 runs to get last nano-applciator and i can confirm that drops rotated all the time as well, so i advise join-kill-leave till get the mod strat ~_~)

as it stands here are my end results for first 3 acolytes:

hydraulic crosshairs 16 
blood rush 3 
catalyzer link 40 
body count 29 
spring loaded chamber 4
repeater clip 3
laser sight 3 
weeping wounds 4 
argon scope 1
embedded catalyzer 4 
pressurized magazine 1 
nano-applicator 1
Edited by b0_on

got all 12 mods within around 60 encounters with the acolytes. About half way point my friends and i decided to spawn into missions and find him, kill him and see what he dropped, if it wasn't anything rare or something we didn't have we would abort right away and replay the mission. We found this the easiest way to obtain all the mods and not waste time. (waste time as in.. running a mission, getting a crap mod, then finishing the mission and extract)