The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt Event Mods Should Be End Of Mission Rewards Instead Of Dropping Mid-Mission

Unknown924

YEAH! How dare people complain that giant leeches join a public game only to abandon it because they didn't like what they got! Yeah, the nerve of those people, wanting teams to be teams, and not be mod-hunting Min-Maxers looking for the fastest way to get new loot without actually helping the folks they join.

The nerve of those folks, who want to play with a team and to play the mission properly.

Some of us are aborting as friends/solo and not bothering the wider community, why should we be punished as well?

Edited by SpaceSheepie

Can we have the names of the Top 10 aborters as well? Because I have this audio clip that we really need to play when they show up in-game.

Playing in a private group with a friend, been aborting almost every time, and I'm not ashamed in the slightest. It's the only way to even have a chance at getting a rare mod from this event.

Honestly, the aborting is a symptom of the problem, which is the RNG in a timed event with low drop rates, rather than the problem itself. This needs to be addressed, people abandoning in public groups is overshadowing the actual problem here, I feel.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

i started aborting some missions only when i did not want to do over an hour of 1 wave inceptions/5waves of defense to get a mod :p non endless are completely fine but if i did the interceptions needed to get the argon scope, i (a) would not have gotten it before torment left the node and (b) if i did it would have take 22 single waves @ about 5-8m each is a little terrible. I can barely stand 1 interception a day.

PS i did not abort in public, it was either solo or with 1 other friend.

Edited by OvAeons

Playing in a private group with a friend, been aborting almost every time, and I'm not ashamed in the slightest. It's the only way to even have a chance at getting a rare mod from this event.

That's different. The problem is the jerks who decided they would just join public matches without any respect for the community, unlike yourself who at least teams up with fellow aborters to only do it amongst yourselves.

Complain about the folks who ruined it, because they ruined it for the rest of us just trying to do the bloody mission.

So yeah, you Abort your Public mission, I want to know who the top 10 Public Mission aborters are. For shame, shameful guys. SHAME!

if soloing is your thing then good on you but you dont get to pass judgement on people who like playing with others in a MULTIPLAYER game. there is no hand holding because everyone pulls their weight. ive killed them solo just like stalker and G3 but when it comes to rewards you get more with more people in your squad FACT. 

Actually there is frequent handholding in this game, i just walked a new player through how to get a kubrow.
Much less the many ways of fail we have in here from players choosing the wrong gear for a mission, to outright being crap players ala the many misadventures of frosts.
And yes the thing is its the same as the rest of the world, saying that you don't get to tell others means you either shut up grit your teeth and bear with it, or yourself change. Its no different than the constant professional victims in the US who get upset when a gay couple wants the same fair treatment that everybody else gets.
You here are a Kim Davis. You should never be a Kim Davis.

excuse me but warframe is an online multiplayer coop shooter with parkour that rewards people who are in groups above all. you dont get to tell people what to do after telling someone else they shouldn't tell people what to do.

The humor of it seems lost on you.

The point was that if somebody does not like the actions of the community, they have the power to change that by going friend or solo.

Saying that you dont like public, and that public therefore should change to fit your style, is the part that is fail.

That's different. The problem is the jerks who decided they would just join public matches without any respect for the community, unlike yourself who at least teams up with fellow aborters to only do it amongst yourselves.

Complain about the folks who ruined it, because they ruined it for the rest of us just trying to do the bloody mission.

So yeah, you Abort your Public mission, I want to know who the top 10 Public Mission aborters are. For shame, shameful guys. SHAME!

But if this hotfix goes through I assume it will effect everyone not just public aborters. Aborting isn't even the problem, its the RNG low drop rates, yet aborting is being addressed, and not the drop rates.

I see why it would be irritating to have it happen, but it's ultimately a symptom of the bigger issue, which is the execution of this event.

YEAH! How dare people complain that giant leeches join a public game only to abandon it because they didn't like what they got! Yeah, the nerve of those people, wanting teams to be teams, and not be mod-hunting Min-Maxers looking for the fastest way to get new loot without actually helping the folks they join.

The nerve of those folks, who want to play with a team and to play the mission properly.

SarcasmSign.jpg

A.) If they are joining and leaving after helping kill, where is the issue?

You had no knowledge of them joining as is.

B.) If you are joining their game, you are playing by their rules as is proper respect for host.

Once more we see the entitlement born from thinking you are something special.

You complain of minmaxing, yet can't finish a mission on your own? You might want to make sure you aren't an issue here.

I see why it would be irritating to have it happen, but it's ultimately a symptom of the bigger issue, which is the execution of this event.

Pretty much.

We're here for a mod, star charts don't do a thing for us really, and why spend time completing a mission that gives nothing?

The complainers here are more just wanting ust assist in their Sisyphusian issue, which is their fool nature to want a mission done.

We know well that feeding them in this and aiding them only is a detriment to us all.

Edited by NEONOVUS

B.) If you are joining their game, you are playing by their rules as is proper respect for host.

Dem lazy grinders S#&$ting their pants of fear for facing the acolytes solo.

I have to build a shrine for them? Are you serious?

The entire issue is in fact the RNG. It may seem fine for some, but its a bad idea to have RNG with a timed event. These mods introduce a new aspect into warframe. Requirement mods. They are a neat addition and a ton of players want them. But if you add RNG in with the window of obtaining them being in a timeframe, things will be done to try to get them, such as aborting after killing and not getting a mod you don't have.

You complain of minmaxing, yet can't finish a mission on your own? You might want to make sure you aren't an issue here.

The complainers here are more just wanting ust assist in their Sisyphusian issue, which is their fool nature to want a mission done.

We know well that feeding them in this and aiding them only is a detriment to us all.

I'll go into this in what happened to me in 2 different missions.

Mission 1: Spy mission Lvl 20-25. First datamass recovered, Assassin shows up, and after the beat down, everyone bails but me. So I go and finish the mission, because I could. But now that the first part is done, no one else can join. It's annoying.

Mission 2: Extermination mission, Lvl 30+. First guy we fight is the Assassin. We kill him, 2 guys instantly bail. Go on to work on the mission to finish it out. 2 others join midmission, and we get to the end, and 1 of them is "Hey, we should kill the badguy", "Already did it" "FFS". And then he aborts.

This isn't a problem if you're doing it solo, but if you join a PUBLIC match, you should expect the PUBLIC to be pissed off at you when you leave them hanging, and then annoy anyone that logs in after you left.

The drop rates might be bad, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have some common decency towards the rest of the player community.

If you're gunna do this, you should do it with others, as a team, in private/solo matches.

YOU ruined it for us, the folks playing the mission in Public Matches. Welcome to the results of that unfriendly behavior towards your fellow tenno. The Devs step in, and stop it from being a problem... and not in a way you like.

Your bed. Lay in it.

Pretty much.

We're here for a mod, star charts don't do a thing for us really, and why spend time completing a mission that gives nothing?

here you are making no sense yet again. this isnt a Solo only game. when a person joins a public game they have to respect their squad mates even if host migrates to you at the beginning. the only time any respect is given to a host is when the person makes their own squad and has rules set. aborters should be playing solo or with people who are also wanting to abort they should not be playing in public matches where the mindset is to finish the mission regardless of what mod dropped. 

It is definitely very turbulent right now with the aborts. Work is in progress for the next Hotfix that will present the Mods on Mission Complete.

that is good and all, but for defense missions where the acolyte pops in right away doesnt help...especially if people still quit once he is down.

it wouldn't be so bad if we had an option to choose whether to be a host or to be a client...regardless of computer type.

I'll go into this in what happened to me in 2 different missions.

Mission 1: Spy mission Lvl 20-25. First datamass recovered, Assassin shows up, and after the beat down, everyone bails but me. So I go and finish the mission, because I could. But now that the first part is done, no one else can join. It's annoying.

Mission 2: Extermination mission, Lvl 30+. First guy we fight is the Assassin. We kill him, 2 guys instantly bail. Go on to work on the mission to finish it out. 2 others join midmission, and we get to the end, and 1 of them is "Hey, we should kill the badguy", "Already did it" "FFS". And then he aborts.

This isn't a problem if you're doing it solo, but if you join a PUBLIC match, you should expect the PUBLIC to be pissed off at you when you leave them hanging, and then annoy anyone that logs in after you left.

The drop rates might be bad, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have some common decency towards the rest of the player community.

If you're gunna do this, you should do it with others, as a team, in private/solo matches.

YOU ruined it for us, the folks playing the mission in Public Matches. Welcome to the results of that unfriendly behavior towards your fellow tenno. The Devs step in, and stop it from being a problem... and not in a way you like.

Your bed. Lay in it.

exactly this ^_^

The start of this thread articulated my thoughts and feelings on the matter perfectly. This event is interesting and fun, challenging and rewarding, not perfect (RNG is rarely in my favor), but overall a great concept and execution...almost. I don't want to abort missions, and it's come to the point where I'm avoiding hunting any of the acolytes without my own clanmates to avoid these problems. It sucks a lot of the fun out of the event for me, which is too bad, since I was looking forward to it ever since the devstream.

Honestly apart from the host migration problems(I'm playing solo) the aborting isn't the problem, it's the fact that it STILL damages the Acolyte that matters. If it didn't then Torment would still be on half health at least and everyone could farm him.

The danger of putting them as mission rewards is this: too many players will not bother due to the RNG involved and the Acolytes won't be killed as planned. Which wrecks the whole event really.

Fix the host migration issues and fix it still damaging the Acolyte upon abort. Also lock out for 5 minutes anyone who aborts from a public match. That way the inconsiderate get punished, everyone has an equal chance at the mods and the objective still gets done and lasts the intended time. The 5th Acolyte has Archwing mods. Tell me how many people do you think will want to farm for a mode that they hate?

Edited by Zilchy

honestly there just needs to be a way to get these mods that is not rng based if it is limited to the event, because this is just rediculous. I have gotten a single bloody rush and the rest of the mods i have gotten from all of the acolytes have been commons. This is not okay for sometihng that is timelocked. 

But this hotfix would probably hurt those that solo/do it with friends too. This is not a solution that really, benefits anyone, in the long run.

we will have to see. i know how some people will behave after because spite is a real thing. they will just continue to join public games and abort out of spite and that is the behavior of a child. i dont disagree with having the mods come as a pack reward since we had it in events before but if they arent willing to do that now ill take anything that stops the childish behavior.

Gonna play devil's advocate and say that it'd potentially benefit DE. Less mods in circulation>they're worth more>People invest more money in the game to obtain them.

Well aye, that has already been hinted at in this thread before and I don't wanna do the tin foil hat thing too much, but its certainly a consideration.

we will have to see. i know how some people will behave after because spite is a real thing. they will just continue to join public games and abort out of spite and that is the behavior of a child. i dont disagree with having the mods come as a pack reward since we had it in events before but if they arent willing to do that now ill take anything that stops the childish behavior.

If people are forced to finish missions they don't wanna do then people will just stop playing the event, I already have. This will lead to the same problem we have already: no one to do group missions with. I won't just take a 'fix' that will actually make things worse, sorry.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

here you are making no sense yet again. this isnt a Solo only game. when a person joins a public game they have to respect their squad mates even if host migrates to you at the beginning. the only time any respect is given to a host is when the person makes their own squad and has rules set. aborters should be playing solo or with people who are also wanting to abort they should not be playing in public matches where the mindset is to finish the mission regardless of what mod dropped. 

Or if its so problematic with the community, get your clan together and do some face stomping on the acolyte.

Your issue here is you are whining about other players playing as they wish, but saying you want your playstyle.

Its a one way thing, you have to appease all playstyles by respecting and giving preference to none.

You know sort of like the whole reason the US decided against having a state religion, and why there is so much issue now that people are trying to push their particualr sect as being the true religion of the US.

You are trying to push your playstyle in the same way.

There have been suggestions from solo, to DE giving an actual selectable host button to stop migrations period.

And no public matches are just there for other people to join or be in.

It has no mention of finishing the mission as you will note in the description.

most toxic yes the only place ive seen even near friendly people have been everquest and FFXIV 

one should not misunderstand. it is unscrupulous behavior when a person joins a public game and aborts. im not talking about aborters who join aborters or people who solo its plain to see i made that distinction.

Eve Online is really good to.

Up front on the whole will screw you over for ISK.

Makes it really easy to play the game rather than worrying about issues.

The community is only toxic here to those who are either not in on the mass number of trolls suggesting horrible ideas to break the game, those who are mollycoddled to the point they can't stand somebody doing what they want, and those who dress their stuff in red and black without a hint of irony while singing to Linkin Park.

Oh and every Saryn player ever.