Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De: Are The Acolytes Noggles Truly Limited Time Only?

Please don't pull a fast one on us again and release them permenantly on the market.

Some of us buy things just for the exclusivity. I personally don't care for noggles but would buy them if they are TRULY exclusive cos I'm a collector.

Still feeling a bit cheated on the permenance of some "limited edition" skins which I bought and didn't care about for the aesthetics.

Will just need the confirmation before the purchase.

Thank you.

You know, OP, these type of topics, always go down hill and into flame-posts or topics that get derailed right away.

So I don't know, why you made this topic, as someone in the comments will just call you out for being a "Special Snowflake" and pretty much derail the topic, no one really cares if your a founder collector, who collect's all the things.

This is what DE does, you should know this by now, you been here longer then we have, DE always make something limited, to make quick cash, then make them a Perm item, later down the road.

All MMOs do it, its a normal and natural thing to do, no matter how shady or how much people complain, it will always happen, The limited timed skins, where all Limited time, until they where put on the Market perm. 

And people still got salty that is was no longer Limited, and they felt "betrayed" due to its "Theirs" and not anyone else's.

Come on OP, you should know better..

Edited by LegionCynex

You know, OP, these type of topics, always go down hill and into flame-posts or topics that get derailed right away.

So I don't know, why you made this topic, as someone in the comments will just call you out for being a "Special Snowflake" and pretty much derail the topic, no one really cares if your a founder collector, who collect's all the things.

This is what DE does, you should know this by now, you been here longer then we have, DE always make something limited, to make quick cash, then make them a Perm item, later down the road.

All MMOs do it, its a normal and natural thing to do, no matter how shady or how much people complain, it will always happen, The limited timed skins, where all Limited time, until they where put on the Market perm. 

And people still got salty that is was no longer Limited, and they felt "betrayed" due to its "Theirs" and not anyone else's.

Come on OP, you should know better..

I hear you. And "normal and natural" and "always happens" does not equate to good business practice and transparency to the consumers. Which results in lessened consumer confidence.

DE has been one of the more fair gaming companies I know therefore I hold them to a higher standard.

Hence a simple yes or no will suffice.

If it's not going to be truly limited time, remove the tag. That's all.

I hear you. And "normal and natural" and "always happens" does not equate to good business practice and transparency to the consumers. Which results in lessened consumer confidence.

DE has been one of the more fair gaming companies I know therefore I hold them to a higher standard.

Hence a simple yes or no will suffice.

If it's not going to be truly limited time, remove the tag. That's all.

Thats a good point, whiles its not always good for business it still happens regardless of our say(Mostly..) 

As for now, I'm sure somewhere down the road DE, will make them a Perm item, maybe as a event reward or part of a new and better pack, unless DE see their mistakes, here and turn around and make it Perm.

Cuz, we all know, buy 100%, someone will moan about it, once they come back as Perm items, I bet my life on it

So let me get this straight.  Your one and only reason for buying them is the potential for lording them over others who didn't happen to be able to buy them at the time for whatever reason... even though you can only put them on your ship and thus can't even actually show them off...  You don't actually like them at all... you just want that feeling of somehow being "better" than someone else by having been at the right place at the right time with money.  I mean, just so it's clear.  Your only enjoyment of these items would come from the deprivation of them from others...  That is what you're saying right?

Edited by Shoelip

So let me get this straight.  Your one and only reason for buying them is the potential for lording them over others who didn't happen to be able to buy them at the time for whatever reason... even though you can only put them on your ship and thus can't even actually show them off...  You don't actually like them at all... you just want that feeling of somehow being "better" than someone else by having been at the right place at the right time with money.  I mean, just so it's clear.  Your only enjoyment of these items would come from the deprivation of them from others...  That is what you're saying right?

That is NOT what they're saying. By no means does "collector" mean someone who buys something to show off to everyone. I'm a collector, and I just like to have everything I can get that I may not be able to get anymore so I feel completed. :D

So let me get this straight. Your one and only reason for buying them is the potential for lording them over others who didn't happen to be able to buy them at the time for whatever reason... even though you can only put them on your ship and thus can't even actually show them off... You don't actually like them at all... you just want that feeling of somehow being "better" than someone else by having been at the right place at the right time with money. I mean, just so it's clear. Your only enjoyment of these items would come from the deprivation of them from others... That is what you're saying right?

If you understand how noggles work sir, you will know that you made no sense whatsoever.

Because there is no one to show noggles off to.

Me being a collector is just a personal preference or hobby that justifies my purchase. And there are quite a few of us out there.

If people can get everything in the market 24/7 I don't mind at all. It's just that I personally won't get it unless I absolutely like it.

If it's limited time, I'll get it even if I hate it.

For satisfaction and completeness from a collector's point of view.

The presence of a potentially pseudo limited time tag on an item might cause me to make a wrong purchase hence I'm seeking clarification from DE.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

I can honestly understand his reasoning... It's not about being selfish or not, it's about the 'commercial tag' given to these items that is concerning him. I agree that the Time exclusive is a tricky term to use on items, for in the wording you also say that it's 'Time' exclusive. It's up to the buyer to figure out what this time is. It can also mean that after a year or two DE will completely remove them, who knows. Besides, soon other Tenno will be able to visit your Landing Craft, so you can show them off as much as you want.

Ok, to you OP, I believe the answer that DE will give is, no. The same was for the skins bought with plat in market, all are purchasable now, unlimited until further notice.... Or until they'll need to make place for newer stuff. I suggest you buy it... *even if I do not, I know you will eventually. For collectors collect and not reason why not to. xD trust me, I kno what I'm talking about!

I can honestly understand his reasoning... It's not about being selfish or not, it's about the 'commercial tag' given to these items that is concerning him. I agree that the Time exclusive is a tricky term to use on items, for in the wording you also say that it's 'Time' exclusive. It's up to the buyer to figure out what this time is. It can also mean that after a year or two DE will completely remove them, who knows. Besides, soon other Tenno will be able to visit your Landing Craft, so you can show them off as much as you want.

Ok, to you OP, I believe the answer that DE will give is, no. The same was for the skins bought with plat in market, all are purchasable now, unlimited until further notice.... Or until they'll need to make place for newer stuff. I suggest you buy it... *even if I do not, I know you will eventually. For collectors collect and not reason why not to. xD trust me, I kno what I'm talking about!

I understand his reasoning too, as he's explained it himself.  I just think it's not very nice.  He's said that he doesn't actually like the noggles for their own sake.  He's said that the only reason he's getting them is because they might not be available later and he has a compulsion to own things that might not be available later.  That's not really a problem though.  What's a problem is his apparent belief that he's entitled having his compulsion catered to, and that allowing others who might actually want to own those noggles for their own sake to get them later if they miss the current sale would somehow be wrong on DE's part.  Yeah, it's questionable to have these "limited time sales" that prey on a compulsion, but I really don't think it's any better to insist that everyone else be deprived just to keep from feeling bad about that compulsion.

Basically, two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by Shoelip

I understand his reasoning too, as he's explained it himself.  I just think it's not very nice.  He's said that he doesn't actually like the noggles for their own sake.  He's said that the only reason he's getting them is because they might not be available later and he has a compulsion to own things that might not be available later.  That's not really a problem though.  What's a problem is his apparent belief that he's entitled having his compulsion catered to, and that allowing others who might actually want to own those noggles for their own sake to get them later if they miss the current sale would somehow be wrong on DE's part.  Yeah, it's questionable to have these "limited time sales" that prey on a compulsion, but I really don't think it's any better to insist that everyone else be deprived just to keep from feeling bad about that compulsion.

You're correct on this! But believe me, real collectors don't think on 'should I or should not'. Or seek a reason why to. They just buy it for collecting sake....

So if he's a real collector, he'll buy them all eventually.

The only thing that ate truly exclusive in warframe are the founders items as you probably know.

Limited time exclusives. Its as it sounds. They are available for a limited time and could return at another time. Take the misa syandana for example.

The acolytes will be ingame after the event, don't see why the noggles would be anything different. Don't understand the collector exclusivity mindset on your own personal ship. Don't enjoy cosmetics don't feel forced to own everything and only use the "exclusive".

They will be in game like the Bursas made it into the regular game?

I understand his reasoning too, as he's explained it himself. I just think it's not very nice. He's said that he doesn't actually like the noggles for their own sake. He's said that the only reason he's getting them is because they might not be available later and he has a compulsion to own things that might not be available later. That's not really a problem though. What's a problem is his apparent belief that he's entitled having his compulsion catered to, and that allowing others who might actually want to own those noggles for their own sake to get them later if they miss the current sale would somehow be wrong on DE's part. Yeah, it's questionable to have these "limited time sales" that prey on a compulsion, but I really don't think it's any better to insist that everyone else be deprived just to keep from feeling bad about that compulsion.

You are partially correct. But I have to disagree with your statement about entitlement and catering to it. There is no entitlement on my end.

I repeat - I am all for every item being available in the market 24/7 for every fellow tenno to obtain whenever they wish.

And it'll save my plat in the long run.

My issue is:

If DE intends to misuse the "time limited tag" like they did with the previous skins, and releases them permenantly, it is as you rightly put, preying on the compulsion of collectors like myself. Which is bad form in all aspects of business.

Again. If DE is intending to release them permenantly on the market like the previous skins. It's fine. I am just asking them to remove the misleading "limited time" tag that may cause people to make purchases for the wrong reasons.

You're a collector, right?

Obviously meaning you collect things.

Usually collectors collect everything.

Why would it matter if it's exclusive or not if you're a collector then? Wouldn't you grab everything and strive for 100% whether it's exclusive or not?

Do you just want to know if you should buy them now or save your money because you might need it for something more important currently?

If people buy something just because it's exclusive, they don't like it and aren't even a collector, why would you care if they bought it for the wrong reason? They are just "special snowflakes", as people say, that want to feel superior to others.

Just need things cleared out, if possible.

You're a collector, right?

Obviously meaning you collect things.

Usually collectors collect everything.

Why would it matter if it's exclusive or not if you're a collector then? Wouldn't you grab everything and strive for 100% whether it's exclusive or not?

Do you just want to know if you should buy them now or save your money because you might need it for something more important currently?

If people buy something just because it's exclusive, they don't like it and aren't even a collector, why would you care if they bought it for the wrong reason? They are just "special snowflakes", as people say, that want to feel superior to others.

Just need things cleared out, if possible.

The term collector doesn't mean you collect everything. It means you collect specific group of things.

Like stamps in the 20th century.

Coins from China.

Out of print books.

Art from Picasso.

And in the case of Warframe:

Specific things like

Only male frames

All event weapons

Or just exclusive items.

Bottom line is. Whether a person of the community buys it for collection or to be a special snowflake. Is the person's own money and prerogative to spend it.

You may disagree or cannot understand the collector's compulsion of certain tenno, and feel compelled to mock them for their lack of self control. And that's your prerogative as well.

The fact of the matter is, when a business capitalises on impulse and does a bait and switch, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of a specific group of consumers who bought it purely for the 'exclusive tag'.

Which is bad form for any company.

I don't understand why people worry so much about the only ones to have a bunch of digital collectibles. Like if these were exclusive statues you get in the mail or something I get it... but this is a silly bobblehead made of nothing but pixels meant to decorate your virtual ship in your fantasy video game. 

I thought the point was to get them all because you want to have them all, or get the ones you want for decoration, not pick out specific ones whether you like them or not, even though you can never sell them, just so you can later say "neener neener I'm one of only a handful that has this unique item made of lines of code in a video game that no one but me can see unless I take a screenshot". I just don't understand this. 

I don't understand why people worry so much about the only ones to have a bunch of digital collectibles. Like if these were exclusive statues you get in the mail or something I get it... but this is a silly bobblehead made of nothing but pixels meant to decorate your virtual ship in your fantasy video game. 

I thought the point was to get them all because you want to have them all, or get the ones you want for decoration, not pick out specific ones whether you like them or not, even though you can never sell them, just so you can later say "neener neener I'm one of only a handful that has this unique item made of lines of code in a video game that no one but me can see unless I take a screenshot". I just don't understand this.

Well you are right. And if you want to trivialise matters to that extent.

We are all made of atoms and die after 80 to 90 years on Earth. So why are you still trying to dress up nice and live life as you are living right now?

Most likely timed exclusive. I imagine it might crop up again in the future.

We are all made of atoms and die after 80 to 90 years on Earth. So why are you still trying to dress up nice and live life as you are living right now?

Living longer means a fuller experience. Defying the social norm could protentially mean you live a shorter life than expected.

Also, if anyone feeling suicidal, please seek help and contact your local suicide hotline.

I think they will come back. I do agree with OP though - There should not be a time limited exclusivity label on these noggles if they are going to end up permanently on the market. Another thing is why is so much stuff in this game exclusive, I think is the question that should be asked.