The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How It Feels To Use Equinox's 'duality' Augment

Ailith

honostly, having the 2 halves fighting at the same time seems like such a no duh design choice for a duality character I'm amazed it wasn't her Ult in the first place. Which Syndicates have her, Perrin and Veil?

I bought it from Loka, not sure who else has them.

EDIT: Arbiters and Loka.

Edited by Ailith

That 7 seconds is barely enough time for the specter to move into position and decide to fire its gun, never mind trying to melee anything when its busy following you around.

Please bump the duration up. Before the augment came out, I expected its duration to match Metamorphosis' decaying buff duration, but I guess that would have been too much with the damage this thing can deal. But honestly, 7 seconds is way too short.

Does duration effect the 7 seconds? Also, can the other form use abilities?

Duration does affect the specter, mine lasts 16 seconds with R8 Primed Continuity, R6 Narrow Minded, and Maxed Constitution. Even with just a 7-second duration, it's enough to give you a burst of firepower on-demand (especially with the Hek, seriously). I do agree that it should probably last longer, but the full duration of Metamorphosis might be too much (mine lasts 1 minute with the mods listed above).

The specter can't use abilities. It also only uses the weapon that you're wielding at the time of creation, which is quite useful since it's a bit more flexible than a normal specter. You can clear rooms with dual shotguns, pump out enough lead to destroy atoms with four Grakatas, or fight back-to-back in a sea of Infested with your favorite melee.

It may not be the best augment, but it's certainly not worthless and I'm having fun with it so far.

Edited by Ailith

The problem with Duality is that switching deactivates Equinox's auras, so it's really unwieldy to use.

Yeah, the augment really shines light on how annoying the form-switching mechanic currently is. I really hope they change Pacify/Provoke and Mend/Maim to just transfer to the other form (and keep stored damage, in Mend/Maim's case)..

Edited by Ailith

Yeah, the augment really shines light on how annoying the form-switching mechanic currently is. I really hope they change Pacify/Provoke and Mend/Maim to just transfer to the other form (and keep stored damage, in Mend/Maim's case)..

Transferring stored damage would be absurdly overpowered. No, it should burst on switch but already be running.

But, I think that's a technical limitation - they're despawning your warframe and loading in another, mechanically speaking. Only reason I can think of for there to be a delay.

That said, to the rest of the thread: The point of this augment is to encourage frequent switches, not allow you to stay in one form forever with a ridiculously powerful AI gun buddy. To my understanding, most people just play day form exclusively and maim all day - the aug isn't for them. Switch and use both kits; Duality isn't a SotD-style summon, it's a rapid response, high intensity mobile strike on demand... it's also practically free.

Transferring stored damage would be absurdly overpowered. No, it should burst on switch but already be running.

But, I think that's a technical limitation - they're despawning your warframe and loading in another, mechanically speaking. Only reason I can think of for there to be a delay.

That said, to the rest of the thread: The point of this augment is to encourage frequent switches, not allow you to stay in one form forever with a ridiculously powerful AI gun buddy. To my understanding, most people just play day form exclusively and maim all day - the aug isn't for them. Switch and use both kits; Duality isn't a SotD-style summon, it's a rapid response, high intensity mobile strike on demand... it's also practically free.

I agree but it still needs a slight buff on duration I'll say a 12 second base is fine so you don't have to specialize on duration, 

My problem with this, is that 7 seconds doesn't leave you with enough time to really do anything before I have to switch again to respawn the other half.