Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did De Just....

Noxonion

Space dogs still seem dumb & we still can't give them basic orders, so I still won't use them.

They even want to add space cats... Not worth it if they'll have the same AI, in my opinion! :3

Cats act on their own at all times, dogs can be properly trained. It would only make sense for them to go bonkers :P

But in all honesty, AI is and remains the biggest issue with both enemies and our companions. Kubrows, Grineer Attack-Pigs and MOA all still suffer from their own movement speed, getting stuck or running in circles because they try to get to a point and can't because their turning rate is too low at their maximum speed to get there.  If only they learned to slow down.

Kubrows need a (Radial) interaction menu (hold Use while aiming at them or a distant target/location) to tell them what combat stance to assume (Passive, Defensive, Offensive, Stealth), to go to a set location, hold position, etc.

Passive Kubrows would use their non-attack skills and ignore all enemies even if they get attacked.

Stealth Kubrows would attempt to avoid entering an enemy's line of sight / vision cone by moving out of the way.

Smart AI, yanno?

Probably just wishful thinking :P

Cats act on their own at all times, dogs can be properly trained. It would only make sense for them to go bonkers :P

But in all honesty, AI is and remains the biggest issue with both enemies and our companions. Kubrows, Grineer Attack-Pigs and MOA all still suffer from their own movement speed, getting stuck or running in circles because they try to get to a point and can't because their turning rate is too low at their maximum speed to get there.  If only they learned to slow down.

Kubrows need a (Radial) interaction menu (hold Use while aiming at them or a distant target/location) to tell them what combat stance to assume (Passive, Defensive, Offensive, Stealth), to go to a set location, hold position, etc.

Passive Kubrows would use their non-attack skills and ignore all enemies even if they get attacked.

Stealth Kubrows would attempt to avoid entering an enemy's line of sight / vision cone by moving out of the way.

Smart AI, yanno?

You nailed it. That's what we need : a wheel just like the emotes one, but for orders like "defend this point", "attack this guy", "enter sneaking around mode", "take your cookie, gooood boyyy", etc...

This would add way more strategy to them, in my opinion! :)

Smart AI, yanno?

You know I remember a widely popular thread (which IMO was one of the stupidest premises I've read on the forums) a while ago that essentially suggested that WF doesn't need better AI, just better dumb enemies. Now to be fair they were actuality suggesting DE improve enemy mechanics which by default generally includes better AI, but eh, semantics.

DE seemed to agree, so I'm not too sure how high even semi-functional AI is on their list of things to do.

I mean, DE wouldn't nearly feel as much that they have to rely on mostly bad mechanics/enemy abilities if AI for both allies and enemies was remotely decent.

Judging by the current trend of things, I'm not sure Kubrows will be getting AI tweaks, or at least ones that make much of a difference, any time soon.

*sigh* A Tenno can dream....

Edited by StinkyPygmy

..fix the Chesa Kubrow? Is this breed now viable?!

• Chesa Kubrow now instantly pick up dropped non-Mod items instead of bringing them back to the player. Mods will be carried back to the player as normal.
*hyperventilates*

More or less...

Time to grind those Eggs and Pray for not another Sunika, lol

I would use my chesa if she set a priority to each drop. Something like:

Highest

1. Rare mod

2. Mod

3. Life support

4. Energy/Health depending on which one I'm missing the most

5. Ammo

Lowest

Did I miss anything? I don't remember if they can pick batteries for excavators, if so then that would be under ammo.

That little runt is still gonna run away with my Rare Mod and I still have to chase it. 

I'm so angry from chasing my friend's Chesa.

My Chesa did this during the last event. She grabbed the Acolytes drop and ran off. All my team mates were chasing after her. All I could hear in my head was the Benny Hill theme song playing. Good times, good times!