Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Important Are Arcane Enhancements?

OriVerda

Question

18 answers to this question

Some are, some are not.

Ie, Guardian is really strong on Valkyr, Atlas and Chroma.

Awakening is incredible on Vasto Prime, Brakk, Detron and Mara Detron.

Grace is a huge boost for most frames.

Barrier is really nice for some frames (ie Frost and Volt).

Avenger is a killer for some frames that can use it to the fullest: Trinity, Chroma, Mesa, Excalibur on EB build, Wu Kong. +30% additive crit chance is too strong.

Most arcanes offer negligible bonuses but there are some really powerful ones.

I'm running with 2 Avenger sets on Trinity myself and I can make pretty much any weapon red crit when they proc. (+60% flat crit chance)

Grace and Guardian are also very powerful on frames that can health-tank well, like Chroma or Valkyr. Trickery is incredibly strong on Ash since his Bladestorm counts as the finisher needed to trigger it.

I own most of the currently-available arcane enhancements(some maxed, some aren't), and I can say that :

1) The stat boost from arcanes are not huge, but it can be a life saver / push you into end game more if equipped right.

2) It is not necessary, but having them definitely helps your gameplay.

I used to despise the complicated gameplay of raid and the arcane rewards, but it's one of my fav thing to achieve now.

The above replies have suggested several arcanes which are good for consideration, maybe OP should start looking towards them.

Honestly I play just fine without them but some again like everyone else keeps stating can make a world of difference. The real question is do you want to pay platinum for these enhancements or do you wanna go into a raid that may or may not work without a good team.....?

If you're one of those players that likes having all the extra edge then yes it matters, some of them are rare and really expensive in the trade chat, but they do improve certain warframes to the edge you need.

Having a chroma that regenerates some health with arcane grace is great, the extra armor from guardian can also benefit him.

Having a wukong with barrier and grace lead him to unkilable standarts as he uses the extra health to regain energy with rage, that is then tranformed into immortality if you have the energy for it.

Try and find something that fits the majority of the frames like barrier and place it on a syandana, then the helmets you either use a specific arcane helmet or a specific arcane enhacement and you adjust things according to the warframe.

Arcane enhacements are not really pointed to new players giving the high cost in plat and the time it takes to gather many "10 packs", but it is a goal for some and the results are transformed into a more effective team.

They do not break the game, but they do help.

They also do not replace a good player, gameplay improvement will always compenssate more than arcane enhacements.

The problem woth Trickery is that imho it got obsolesced by Shadow Step of the Naramon tree. Sure the duration is lower but it works exactly the same and has 100% proc chance each crit opposed to 10% each finisher.

Trickery still has its uses though.

I love my Ash with Zenurik - always full energy ;)

Just beware, arcane avenger 2 sets like that guy is using is 3000 plat worth of gear. 

I have almost 4 sets and imo most useful one is definitely grace. Works on all frames and it will activate for nice heal quite often on damage. On tough frames with high armor that are damaged often (melee) this is on almost constantly. Still it will cost you 700p for set - but you can saw it on your favorite syndana and use it on all frames, unlike most others. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I used to think they aren't useful... I mean I'm MR 21 with all mods maxed and got to where I am without any arcanes. So why would I need them now?

Then I started to dabble in them.. and boy are they useful in taking your game to the next level.

Arcanes are like smartphones. You never used one before. You don't need it.

Once you start using them, life won't be the same without it.

I used to think they aren't useful... I mean I'm MR 21 with all mods maxed and got to where I am without any arcanes. So why would I need them now?

Then I started to dabble in them.. and boy are they useful in taking your game to the next level.

Arcanes are like smartphones. You never used one before. You don't need it.

Once you start using them, life won't be the same without it.

This is surprisingly accurate o.O

Arcane Awakening is often overlooked as it's one of the easier Arcanes to acquire (common drop in raids and one of the cheapest to buy). But I do tend to find it is worth the damage boosts on weapons with low mag capacity such as the Kulstar. +60% base damage boost on top of something that already does around 12K is a pretty good jump. And with how often you reload, it triggers constantly almost.

You get them by completing the Law of Retribution Trials. Requires building a key and you must have a minimum of four team members to even attempt it. I don't think LoR's are "endgame", but they do require practice to know what you are doing and are much easier with specific frame set ups. It's not something you can solo and it can be very difficult without experienced players. 

Other than that, you can buy them from other players in trade chat.

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72