Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convergence And The Anti-Team Policy It Brings

Domaik

Few hours into convergence and all I can say is:

-People will never ress anyone while their boost is on.

-They become completely blind towards mission objective, what ever it might be. Sometimes to the point of failing the mission because of it.

-The person getting it usually runs from the group to try and get as many kills as possible neglecting everything else.

-They get mad when you dare take one of their kills.

-No one wiling to take frames that cant get kills fast anymore.

And more and more worse cases popping up as we approach the weekend...I dont know what to say....

I would also like to mention that the nerf/removal of stealth exp gain to focus has made everyone start doing draco runs like a mad thing.

Personally I loved the variety of missions I had before where i could stealth solo play and get some decent focus. Now that is gone. I find myself looking for groups to farm draco to make some decent focus points...

Is anyone a bit annoyed with all of this or am I overreacting? 

Stealth XP boosts still apply to focus gains, and stacks with Convergence.

Shared XP gives you focus, so having a kill "stolen" from you doesn't matter much, or not at all if you have a lens on every piece of equipment you bring.

EDIT: And since shared XP is also boosted by Convergence, running away from the squad to get kills is counterproductive. I see most of these things as being done by people who would be doing this kind of thing anyway... or people who just simply don't understand how things work. The former group is unaffected by such changes, and the latter will reduce in size as understanding spreads.

Edited by AgentSkye

lens on every piece of gear is impossible unless you are willing to throw your paycheck at de. Sorties only give 1 small lens per season now, so all thats left is 40p per item. I usually use roughly 20 different frames/items each week -  800 plat right there.

lens on every piece of gear is impossible unless you are willing to throw your paycheck at de. Sorties only give 1 small lens per season now, so all thats left is 40p per item. I usually use roughly 20 different frames/items each week -  800 plat right there.

One regular lens of each type. Sell any regular lens from sortie rewards for 10p. Four lenses, with any combination of types, gives you 40p.

But yeah, most people still won't have a lens on everything they're using, at least... most of the time. And that means having a kill "stolen" does reduce your focus gain...

As opposed to completely removing the focus gain, as it did before the changes. This is an improvement. Before, you got no focus if someone stole your kill. Now, you get slightly less than if you'd killed it yourself.

I dislike convergence because it incentivizes bad gameplay, i.e. dropping everything you're doing--such as, say, the actual mission objective--to run off to another room to collect the shiny before it despawns, and then continuing to ignore the objective for 45 seconds in order to get as much focus as you can before it expires. This impacts some mission types harder than others, but is bad form in any case.

Convergence would be tolerable if the thing reliably spawned closer, but as it is, you usually have to go quite far out of your way to get it, often having to backtrack across multiple tiles, and it's almost as bad when it spawns ahead of you (thus encouraging players to Leeroy Jenkins into the next tile in a mad dash to collect the shiny). It needs to only drop in the current tile, and in large tiles it needs to drop a reasonably short distance from the players so that you don't have to irresponsibly abandon your objective and run off to some obscure corner of the map, far away from anywhere you actually need to be.

lens on every piece of gear is impossible unless you are willing to throw your paycheck at de. Sorties only give 1 small lens per season now, so all thats left is 40p per item. I usually use roughly 20 different frames/items each week - 800 plat right there.

If you understand how affinity is share, you could save some lens. There is no need to install lens on all your weapon, only the weapon you bring. So bring one weapon instead of 3

@Chipputer: the problem is that this game mechanic actively encourages players to behave this way.

Uhhh no it really doesn't. Bad pugs have always been like that.

You know what encourages players to act that way? The players do. I haven't run into a single problem described in the OP since Convergence was brought in. I don't do the things they're describing, I haven't seen anyone do the things they're describing,

You know who I always saw doing what they describe, since before Focus was even thought about in the community? Bad players being bad.

@Chipputer: I disagree, convergence actively encourages bad gameplay because bad gameplay is essentially the only way to make use of convergence. Bad team players are rewarded for abandoning the objective to go farm focus, while responsible players gain nothing from it. The convergence mechanic, in its current form, exclusively rewards bad gameplay.

I am annoyed with convergence in current for due to:

1. Nerf solo mode

2. Orbs that spawn to far

I think this can be easily fixed and the system would not be so bad.

1. Remove from solo and go back to previous rates (convergence is for team play anyhow)

2. Spawn within 5m of enemy being shot at. There must be LOS.

This would fix so many problems with this system and would still encourage movement, but not endanger objective.

This is a cheap 80's arcade implementation and totally doesn't fit in warframe imo.

Caught myself running towards the convergenge instead of the waypoint which have the same color, multiple times... it's a total distraction from warfame and it kills it.

Next update: melee ceilings at certain spots and a mushroom will come out.

Please. Don't take this any further. And roll this back.

I don't get what game are you guys playing. Since the focus introduction, everyone steals your kills, fails missions, murders your dogs and eats your cookies. Now with Convergence they also fail missions while failing missions and steal kills you tried to steal from them so they don't steal yours!

And then there's me, who faced literally nothing of the above. How so?

I don't mean to rain on OP's parade, but so far none of my matches have been that way. I'm not exaggerating, maybe I've just played with mostly apathetic players, but no one has made it a priority to grab those convergence dealies and suck up focus. It might be because in regular (non-farming) missions, the amount of focus gained is still minuscule, too small to justify going out of your way for it.

But, then again, I don't know how things are going on draco these days

Imo, there is no need for convergence. The simple fix for shared focus points was good enough for me. To me, convergence is just an annoying icon that's completely unnecessary - it complicates things.

If I could switch off the icon, I would.

Yeah, this is my thoughts. I don't really think it's a good idea at all, no matter how much they try to fix it. There was nothing wrong with having just a flat focus gain, even if it was unimaginative.

convergence is unneeded and is only causing more problems than it solves. The team share of Focus was more than enough of a "fix" for me.

See it would be fine if it simply dropped from an enemy killed NEAR the player (either by the player or a teammate, don't care).

I'm still having convergence spawn over 100 meters backwards from the direction I was running so I don't even fracking bother.  It makes no sense why a glowy orb would spawn randomly on the tileset.  It would make more sense that in a Warframe's fit of rage and energy against an enemy, something converged within the synergies of the Warframe's suit, bestowing the buff for a minute.

I get far less Focus thanks to this dumb change/nerf. I normally do under ten missions a night and most are solo.

So bring one weapon instead of 3

NO. Simply no.

Edited by Lanieu