The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Pick A Frame

DarkMaster1947

Question

Can you guys name a frame that when using him i wont get a message like *your frame is not rly good for this type of mission* that isnt rhino,frost,chroma,nekros or ash (i currently have loki,but i dont think hes good enough because i dont even have proper mods to build him (currently trying to get MCgamerCZs newest loki build)).

21 answers to this question

In most cases for high levels, any defensive frames are great to protect a pod in defence bught other than that i'd say its up to your playstyle. If you love Steath then id say Ivara or Loki, maybe ash. all up to you. try to keep trying out warframes as you go and which ever you like the most should be the one you use. :)

Try a few frames out that are easy to get...find one that fits your playstyle. Find one that you enjoy playing...don't worry about what other people say you NEED for certain missions. You're here to have fun...so why not use the warframe you have the most fun with. Rhino, Valkyr, Ash, Ember, nova...whatever floats your boat

nova can be pretty universal, or trinity if you like helping others (but she has some advanced mechanics not recommented for new players if you want to properly use her blessing build)

edit: I can help you with absolutely anything you need (farming, mods, build)
feel free to add me in game I'll help you

Edited by Error989

Try a few frames out that are easy to get...find one that fits your playstyle. Find one that you enjoy playing...don't worry about what other people say you NEED for certain missions. You're here to have fun...so why not use the warframe you have the most fun with. Rhino, Valkyr, Ash, Ember, nova...whatever floats your boat

^This, just ignore those people and play whatever frame you like.

Well, you really shouldn't let that kind of comment bother you. Practice with your favorite frame and prove them wrong.

But if you're looking for a good general use frame anyway, I might suggest Nyx. She's a bit squishy, but one of the best at crowd control, which more than makes up for it. She scales well, too, because her Chaos makes enemies attack each other, and they even draw fire from enemies not affected by Chaos. Build her primarily for range and efficiency, with a bit of duration.

As many people here say: ignore the comments by people you are playing with.

What I actually recommend is picking a frame that you best work with in a solo mission. I've gotten connected with my best selection of gear just by testing their merit in high level solo missions.

Loki is a great solo frame, and it is good that you have him, but you do need certain mods to bring him to his full potential.

My personal main is Ash, as I have many things (mods, weapons, arcanes and focus) working together to make him a beast as well as he fits my personal playstyle. Choose a frame that works best for you and that you can bring out the most in and disregard popular opinion. People say that Ash isn't really a late game frame because of his lack of CC, but I make him that way regardless of that opinion.

Your frame is like your house: people can b**** all they want about how it looks inside and out; but if it allows you to live comfortably and effectively, then you are in good shape and no one has the right to argue against that.

Edited by R34LM

Just wanted to add, the kind of people who need certain Frames in their party just to accomplish basic Star Chart, Void or Alert missions probably lack fundamentals (i.e. shooting skills, adaptability etc.) and were raised on Draco. I.E. the same sort of people who can be at MR 8 and still need a taxi to an alert on Mercury.

I'd try to avoid partying with those sorts unless you're trying to ruffle their feathers by showing off.

I personally use a very squishy Ember. I only have basic mod capacity on her at the moment and have a half decent power build. I may go down reasonably easy in higher tier missions but I will always have at least 40-50% of the damage and have the most kills by a mile. It's no good for sorties but it's what I feel most comfortable with. Don't let people dictate to you how to play your game and do what makes it fun for you.

P.S Mirage is also awesome

I personally enjoy using Ivara. IMO she is perfect for everything. When building her right she can be a great support. She has the CC with sleep. 20 seconds of sleep duration, spammable as well so she can freeze waves and let your team finish them. Her prowl makes invinsible, you cannot be seen as well, with the right build she can use 0.25 energy per second when not moving at all.

Her invisible bubble is great for protecting hostages and allies when they are down and need to be revived, her zipline allows her to maneuver the game at her own pace and find safe locations where a normal frame can't reach and stay safe, even though sometimes she can't reach with her quiver some locations you can use navigator to throw your quiver around or use arrows or Glaive as a lethal weapon to clear a room with her damage multiplier.

Not to mention that her Prowl as well comes with a crit multipliyer, or you could get Mios (status build) and finish enemies with her sleep quiver, easy to execute to get also the procs with crits. Then her 4 is just pure raw damage, thought it requires you to stuff your primary weapon (anything but shotguns) with pure damage mods.

Though she is a squishie frame, she isn't meant to be reviving teammates, she should be shuting down enemies, providing CC and safe spots for your team. Her kit makes her a great support and can still do lots of damage.

Wow, so many of wrong info here, mind you I'm trying to stay in positive mindset.

To OP - disregard all the advises you got here, especially those who say "you should play what you enjoy and don't care about what ppl say"

So if you wanna play with "big boys" and be gladly accepted in any parties it all comes down to few frames:

Trinity, Frost, Nova. Have proper, working builds of these frames and you will be able to contribute to most of situations. Nova works mostly with "speed" build. Bring it to every defense mission, even in sortie, if you trust your team. Slow build is for MD and survival. Volt is good for exterminate missions, ember too. Use high efficiency builds, don't count to trinity to save your a**. 

Have CP if CP is needed /required. Have pizzas (energy /health /ammo restores) if needed. Have cyphers ready, at all times. 

And remember, good player is not most skilled player, best geared player, not best solo killer but guy who works for the team ad does his frekkin job. 

First off just make sure whichever frame you choose you learn its in and outs so when you do go into high level areas you know how to play it, seen way too many have no clue about their frame.

Second if you want a all aorund solid frame that every team usually has no issue with, then go with Trinity. Her abilities help the entire squad and she can be very tanky if played well.

Last piece of advise is ignore them, if you're joining random PuGs then they have no say as to what frame you choose to run. Had several of these spout off but in the end they fell short while I carried on.