Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime's Appearance. Is It Really A Prime?

(XBOX)elite 44444

Being a senior Warframe player and being a general fan of everything new coming out, I was initially stoked on the new Prime Warframe that was Saryn Prime. The video introduction was amazing and I honestly hope they do it for each Prime release from now on.

However, Saryn Prime's Appearance somewhat frustrates me. There is very slight changes in texture and pattern on her armor and her helmet does not look that all appealing. There is also little to no gold on the frame to indicate Prime status. So the only real thing to indicate this is a Prime Warframe and not a new skin are the new stats and mod space polarities.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way. I love the Nikana Prime and the Spira! I just wish that the new Prime had more... well... PRIME in it.

I personally really enjoy Saryn Prime's look. I mean sure, she isn't as elegant or as regal as my Trin Prime for instance, but with the right colours Saryn P looks fantastic and still has that nice flare of metalwork the primes have.

Then again I really dig Lovecraft-like aesthetic so I am a-okay with having baby Cthulhu monsters sit on my shoulders.

Being a senior Warframe player and being a general fan of everything new coming out, I was initially stoked on the new Prime Warframe that was Saryn Prime. The video introduction was amazing and I honestly hope they do it for each Prime release from now on.

However, Saryn Prime's Appearance somewhat frustrates me. There is very slight changes in texture and pattern on her armor and her helmet does not look that all appealing. There is also little to no gold on the frame to indicate Prime status. So the only real thing to indicate this is a Prime Warframe and not a new skin are the new stats and mod space polarities.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way. I love the Nikana Prime and the Spira! I just wish that the new Prime had more... well... PRIME in it.

You might as well complain about Frost.  He hardly has gold on him too.

Saryn didn't really feel like a frame that was going to get the full gold treatment though, considering all the infested bits and asymmetry.

Typical primes seem all sterile and polished but Saryn wasn't really typical, I'm quite happy they steered away and made her look more evolved and grown -slightly irked in general by what they've done to the thing on her leg but I can deal with it.

I'm expecting similarly exotic treatment with Mirage and Limbo, for example; the foundations of the themes of these frames sort of deviate from the others.

There are actually quite a lot of gold bits and small details (they stand out more with a dark color scheme). I really like the design, and I'm not usually a fan of asymmetry. It's still recognizable as Saryn...and the way the tentacle things flounce about is just great. The only thing I don't really like is the blob on the right thigh just because it's in the same color group as the face plate.

There is very slight changes in texture and pattern on her armor and her helmet does not look that all appealing. There is also little to no gold on the frame to indicate Prime status.

So you need a vastly different body and lots of gold to indicate Prime status?

You must hate Excalibur, Mag, and Frost Prime, huh? They don't have much gold, after all. Really, if you stop and actually look at the chassis, very few of the Primes look different from the non-Primes. And when you take the lore into consideration, that only makes sense.

Edited by XRosenkreuz

I'm expecting similarly exotic treatment with Mirage and Limbo, for example; the foundations of the themes of these frames sort of deviate from the others.

If Limbo Prime isn't given a monocle, I will personally fly my arse to DE HQ and slap whoever is in charge of his design.

Tophat and monocle or riot.

Edited by Airyllish

Yeah, her design is questionable. overall details are lacking. Its a 6-7/10 prime.

Working with darker colors however do help. Grey/black combinations with more lively colors on the accents and energy come up with good results. Throw in the right attachments and she is good to go. Although most attachments look a bit awkward on her. I suggest using illac and pakal pieces and the grineer syndana(not the harkonar one).

i dont hate the color scheme...but those graphics...you bought saryn prime but not better rig/graphics card? not judging

The game looks great normally. screenshots however are a different story :/

I have a 780 btw. maybe not top of the line anymore but far from obsolete.

I am planing to switch to a higher resolution soon though. this monitor is quite old and a G-sync monitor with a higher res on top of that would be nice.

Edited by Airwolfen