The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am more excited with the new Oberon skin than with a new frame

Vlada91

With that skin he can stand both as fairy king and dragon king

just badly need some skill buff/tweak

Renewal(would greatly benefit from snow glob/iron skin/halo ward new mechnk)  and hallowed ground mostly need some kind of CC effect, the armor buff from hallowed ground is totally uselless it need something else

Edited by Tsoe

New frame and it's horrible legs just means i'll be farming it in no hurry...and like Atlas I could care less when I actual get all the parts. Ivara was perfect for me, looks good, has an incredibly fun kit making her worth the Spy grind. Atlas to me is not worth the Archwing grind simply based on its appearance. No connection, unpleasant to the eye on how disjointed it's headless appearance is next to the legs on this mummy frame. 

New Oberon Skin...buying first day. It seems Paladin Rhino has a brother in arms. Oberon needs this skin, he's sorta a joke from his power kit, to his drop rate. This new skin makes him viable visually to the masses. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4) FriendSharkey said:

New frame and it's horrible legs just means i'll be farming it in no hurry...and like Atlas I could care less when I actual get all the parts. Ivara was perfect for me, looks good, has an incredibly fun kit making her worth the Spy grind. Atlas to me is not worth the Archwing grind simply based on its appearance. No connection, unpleasant to the eye on how disjointed it's headless appearance is next to the legs on this mummy frame. 

New Oberon Skin...buying first day. It seems Paladin Rhino has a brother in arms. Oberon needs this skin, he's sorta a joke from his power kit, to his drop rate. This new skin makes him viable visually to the masses. 

I'm of the same mind. Though if the skillset is amazing (it sounds interesting at the very least) I might reconsider. As it stands now, Goat Fairy King takes my plat. 

Edited by tisdfogg
typos

I'll gladly throw plat at this, but I'm in a same mind others here as a tweak or two to coincide with it would be very nice. Otherwise I can see this happening; buys skin, spends godly amount of time colouring it, pour an equally ungodly amount of forma into it, but alas disappointment kicks in as swag alone won't make Oberon as viable as he could be.

14 hours ago, Deejudanne said:

it's still oberon afterall.... the skin wont make it up to the uselessness :/

Uselessness?  You mean that he doesn't fit your play-style?  Because for me, he is extremely useful...please stop insulting frames that don't work for you, because they do work...just not for you.

13 minutes ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Until Oberon gets a serious rework/buff, I am keeping my wallet away from that skin. Doesn't matter how good it looks, if it performs rubbish, there is no point.

Why is he rubbish?  He is more than capable on the offensive, he can heal moderately well, and his CC? me gusta...a frame isn't garbage just because he doesn't fit your play-style.

6 minutes ago, (PS4) GamerCat535 said:

Why is he rubbish?  He is more than capable on the offensive, he can heal moderately well, and his CC? me gusta...a frame isn't garbage just because he doesn't fit your play-style.

Everything he can do, other frames can do way better. He is completely laughable when compared to Trinity, his radiation proc is useless when compared to Irradiating Disarm and Chaos. His defensive capabilities are barely adequate.

I have no favourite playstyle, I switch from tank to stealth to inbetween all the time. I've used every frame in the game and Oberon (in my opinion) is blown out of the water by every other frame in the game, with the exception of Hydroid (pun intended).

Edited by (PS4) Redemption_015

This is probably the coolest Premiere skin in the whole game, even cooler than than the Banshee one that is coming soon too. Loki was perhaps the least cool because his skin altered his looks the least and was least detailed of any of the other skins released so far. I am sad to say that since Loki is my personal started and favorite Warframe. But this Oberon skin looks superb like no other skin in the whole game. I can not wait till it is released!

Yeah, no, not until we get his kit sorted and updated. Which will probably happen... Because he's likely the next Prime with Vauban after him I dare assume. I do get the idea here, make him appealing visually first ETC so that people perhaps go back to him more from now. Might even help increase feed back on him before they go heavy with changing his abilities.

Or perhaps I'm 100% clueless as to the purpose of this. Regardless(And TLDR) I'm not going to plat for that skin, as things are at the moment.

1 hour ago, (PS4) GamerCat535 said:

Uselessness?  You mean that he doesn't fit your play-style?  Because for me, he is extremely useful...please stop insulting frames that don't work for you, because they do work...just not for you.

1 hour ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Everything he can do, other frames can do way better. He is completely laughable when compared to Trinity, his radiation proc is useless when compared to Irradiating Disarm and Chaos. His defensive capabilities are barely adequate.

I have no favourite playstyle, I switch from tank to stealth to inbetween all the time. I've used every frame in the game and Oberon (in my opinion) is blown out of the water by every other frame in the game, with the exception of Hydroid (pun intended).

I don't need to say anything more really and I didn't insult the frames facts isn't always giving you the things you want to hear