Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have grineer maniacs spawn like Bursa

Bloodskll

The reason I'm suggesting this is because they both have desirable stance mods bursas have tempo royale and maniacs have final harbinger.

After seeing bursas come back and tempo royale still hold quite a bit of its value I think this same spawning idea could also be used for manics, one to make final harbinger more accessible without losing its value.

A side benefit it can help newer players acquire ash parts a lot easier granted it won't be quick but it'll be something after playing through nodes over time eventually it'll just happen kinda like a longer wait to Oberon, which was what it was intended to be but I can't remember the last time I've seen a manic spawn in a mission

Yes please. Introducing manic bombards the same way would also be great. Personally, I think that the manic bombard is the best designed enemy in the game (aside from its DOT immunity). It's teleportation is great for flanking you, and its grenade forces movement. I've fought them in the simulacrum, and it's great.

34 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Yes please. Introducing manic bombards the same way would also be great. Personally, I think that the manic bombard is the best designed enemy in the game (aside from its DOT immunity). It's teleportation is great for flanking you, and its grenade forces movement. I've fought them in the simulacrum, and it's great.

I can definently agree to as it could increase stealth play

Maniac, Bursa and Juggernaut should indeed spawn if you let the alarm go or in juggernauts case. Once every now and then if you kill to fast it will trigger the first phase of the scream. The reason for this is to put pressure on the Player. Making alarms stage one actually mean something rather than the poor impact it has in its current form.

The only issue both Maniac Juggernaut and Bursa's currently have is that they all need a required introduction stage or quest so that new players will learn how to combat each said enemy, preferably in a ambush fashion on low level where a narrative voice will give hints on how to defeat them, or in a worst case at least have them described in the codex so it is easier for new players to fight them.

A lot of people have also mentioned that Bursa spawn in a ridiculous fast pace. Now I've yet to have more than one or at a maximum two spawn at any given time, yet i do turn of the alarm as fast as possible since Bursa's was introduced to the Corpus.(Still let the Grineer one go since i need regular Ash). But besides this problem, I've found them to be rather fun, they add more and different fighting and they accrual make the alarm to have a impact rather than a annoying sound, i do however wish that both Juggernaut and Maniac get the cap removed so we can fight them more often if you let the alarm go.

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

Manic, Bursa, and Juggernaut spam would make for a great "nightmare mode."  Certainly... far better than no shields... or low grav, or timer, or health vampire...  Really, all nightmare modes are either inconsequential or complete BS.  Getting spammed by these elite units would be real challenge ramp up.

That would be real bullS#&$ honestly.  140 bursa running around, can you even imagine how much bullS#&$ that would be?  You would lose automatically right at the gate, since they would stun, blind and then kill you.

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

Manics used to spawn when alarms went off. I don't know why they stopped, though. Now I see them sometimes in survival missions only.

Yea, I don't see them as much anymore such that new players are complaining on how to get Ash. Maybe they got too many complains from new players who kept dying to an enemy they cannot see and moves very fast? To new unsuspecting players, it'd be like having Stalker show up every time you fight Grineer.

An introductory quest would help. Or at least make certain map guaranteed they would spawn at a certain time (like, an Exterminate with 15% enemies left) complete with an entrance cinematic like bosses. It could also be the map for people who wants to farm Ash.

Sub-bosses would be great to add to the game. Manics, Bursas, Juggernaut adds a change in the flow of the battle, like Invaders, except not as rare of chance.

2 hours ago, Heliopata said:

I like +1

The juggernaut are fine with the actual spawning mechanic, it makes think about killing infested on sortie level missions.

Well, not really. Since there's no reason to kill Juggernaut. His drops are trash. Spawning him does nothing but makes you take longer to finish sortie. Extra effort but no reward = never spawn sortie juggernaut. 

And manics do spawn, just rarely. Unless you do LoR, in which case you kill like 20 during second phase.

I suppose manic bombards could spawn somewhere else besides sabotage.