Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round Two: Tenative Selections + More

DE_Adam

Frost got the cold shoulder again?? Come on dude. You're making it hard for a guy to drop his cash to make frost more pimpish

*looks at cash* no luck this time kids. Let's just wait till the rent is due...

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

I'd like to know when they are going to tell us why the popular vote on steam means little if they are going to give players the option of choosing a favorite item then blatantly selecting the lesser one.

The voting is only to gauge interest. Also, this

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

then blatantly selecting the lesser one.

is really rude and subjective.

31 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

So they gauge whats popular and then disregard it.

Its what the numbers say. It may be rude and subjective to you but it is what has happened and we are all still in the dark as to why.

There are numerous reasons why an item might not get accepted, and while I too would like feedback from the devs chastising DE will accomplish absolutely nothing.

Specify which item in particular you are disappointed about, and the tennogen community can shed some light as to how it can better follow the guidelines.

Edited by alexmach1

46 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

So they gauge whats popular and then disregard it.

Its what the numbers say. It may be rude and subjective to you but it is what has happened and we are all still in the dark as to why.

Probably because they had a bad experience of just following popular demand and ended up altering their prized child the dark sector. They then remake dark sector into warframe, keeping everything to its original intention, not pandering to popularity and it became a big success. So you should pardon them for not bowing down to majority and be true to themselves.

On 19/3/2016 at 6:14 PM, Rekkou said:
On 19/3/2016 at 5:40 PM, alexmach1 said:

There are numerous reasons why an item might not get accepted, and while I too would like feedback from the devs chastising DE will accomplish absolutely nothing.

Specify which item in particular you are disappointed about, and the tennogen community can shed some light as to how it can better follow the guidelines.

Probably because they had a bad experience of just following popular demand and ended up altering their prized child the dark sector. They then remake dark sector into warframe, keeping everything to its original intention, not pandering to popularity and it became a big success. So you should pardon them for not bowing down to majority and be true to themselves.

On 19/3/2016 at 5:40 PM, alexmach1 said:

TSpecify which item in particular you are disappointed about, and the tennogen community can shed some light as to how it can better follow the guidelines.

This has bearing on Tennogen how?

The simple fact is why have a option to chose what "the mass player base" want to see in game and choose a less popular option. Its probably a big a thing now since previously there wasn't that much of quality on Tennogen but when something of quality goes up and people see it, want it and then it gets skipped over with no reason given then yeah people are going to make noise about it.

To specify, the same one you see many other people asking about, Alata. On its steam page alone it has more favorites and unique visitors than what was chosen. Frost had a pair of equally as good skins and it was skipped over entirely while the Frame with most skins already (Excalibur) picked up another one.

Edited by AzureTerra

38 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

On its steam page alone it has more favorites and unique visitors than what was chosen. 

How dare DE use judgement rendered upon actual inspection of an item with multiple criteria in mind instead of preapproving it because a number of people have clicked a button. Seriously, what's wrong with them?

No. I can't believe you're so oblivious to the fact that statistics don't decide anything here.

1 hour ago, Artarrwen said:

How dare DE use judgement rendered upon actual inspection of an item with multiple criteria in mind instead of preapproving it because a number of people have clicked a button. Seriously, what's wrong with them?

No. I can't believe you're so oblivious to the fact that statistics don't decide anything here.

If statistics don't matter why have any option for players to have any opinion on for what they would like to see. What the statistics do say is a LOT of people would throw money at these things as quality products are the ones that attract interest (in general almost all of Tennogen thus far has been better quality than the "official" skins of recent times)

This is not just for Alata but for the assorted other High Popularity items that didn't get in such as Frost who had two good options and yet Excalibur the frame with the most skins picked up another one and left Frost out in the cold.

1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

If statistics don't matter why have any option for players to have any opinion on for what they would like to see. What the statistics do say is a LOT of people would throw money at these things as quality products are the ones that attract interest (in general almost all of Tennogen thus far has been better quality than the "official" skins of recent times)

Well for one it's for feedback between users and creators. And maybe just maybe DE do sort through based on popularity and not in some reasonable and unbiased way (e.g. by date or alphabetically)

I don't see how you make the connection between this and this impression that numbers should guarantee approval or something, because that's how you're coming off.

5 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

This is not just for Alata but for the assorted other High Popularity items that didn't get in such as Frost who had two good options and yet Excalibur the frame with the most skins picked up another one and left Frost out in the cold.

It matters, it helps creators to get into spotlight and help DE to make their decision. The problem is, you made up your own rule that it should be the decisive factor and overwrite any rights for DE to choose. 

On 2/26/2016 at 11:42 PM, AzureTerra said:

Doesn't hold much water when at least two Artists got two items in with the Poly-count comp and if the second part were true then why choose that skin over the more popular one when "mag has several items already available" which in itself hold little value as Excalibur keeps getting stuff and it has a lot more skins already than any other frame.

Apologies for the late reply, but my post pretty much established throughout it's pure speculation. I'll grab a few quotes for you:

On 2/26/2016 at 7:29 PM, HalfDarkShadow said:

I'd guess

if you want speculations

having 3 helmets and a skin available, it could be likely

Emphasis on what I put in bold/underlined i.e. "it could be likely".

But like I said, I'm just speculating here, since there's literally nothing to go off of lol.

So I hope that clears up any confusion. But in all, it's still anyone's guess.

And regarding Excalibur, I always consider him the outlier since he's the poster boy and in general has the most cosmetic specific items in game to begin with, so I assume he'll always get a bit more favoritism more so than others.
So other then that, I'm just guessing that they wanted to prioritize the newer frames that became available to use over what's already been available. Like I said previously, why not both in the first place is that who knows, but no reason for anyone to get to frustrated (if any are or had) since it still qualifies for the next round. Even if the Zephyr skin didn't make it, I wouldn't loose sleep over it lol. I would still support it in the next round for my little bird!