Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round Two: Tenative Selections + More

DE_Adam

5 minutes ago, Tamamo-no-Mae said:

I know!  I wanted the Alata skin to >.<

it just looks so cool and suit like and it would look perfect with the extra armor things and a Syndana.

I like Hitsu's Zephyr skin to but I guess I will wait and see when they are put in the game.. someone said April?

I hope the new fixed banshee skin comes out soon to! XD

So true and it has the most favorites than any other content created on that list at 1500+ 
I guess DE doesnt like money...

Awh, in the link DE_Adam left, it mentions around mid-April when it'll become available :c

That's a bummer, but not a big deal at all. But still, man I've been waiting to get my hands on the new Zephyr skin since the creator first posted it on the Steam Workshop about a month ago, so it'll definitely be awesome once it does become available! 

My little birb definitely needs some more love so I can't wait hehe (she's my most played frame, hence the excitement :P)

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

18 minutes ago, Demonfr34k said:

It would be really awesome if the Alata was chosen >.< but Hitsu said that only one was chosen and it was the Zephyr one.

but I don't know which of the other two were chosen that they didn't show, im kind of curious now just because >.<

*edit* weird it copied you saying something... but not what you said X.x ???

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae

On 2/23/2016 at 7:20 PM, NovusNova said:

No need to be rude. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them ugly for everyone and that they shouldn't be picked.

Definitively will be looking forward for them in the next round, as they sure were one of most favorite of mines.

Though to be blunt, i wasn't surprised by the choice for this round either, just though it was going to be wider.

So uh... could you guys possibly provide the reason why none of the various frost skins/helmets made it in? There were quite a few of them, some REALLY good- most looked high quality, suited the style of the game, and didn't appear at first glance to have any issues. I'm really REALLY disappointed right now- when this second round started the only person out of the batch I wanted to see get a skin was frost, I didn't even care much what it looked like, and (unless I'm forgetting someone) he's the only one who didn't get one...

EDIT: One of the zephyr skins is incredible. Good job to the creator (it looks kinda samurai/gundam looking imo).

Edited by Stratego89

Baffled as to why the Alata skin wasn't chosen and instead they went with a rather bland skin over a awesome one. (Steam Stats alone on Favs and Visitors point to what was most desired). Alata would have been a great addition to the range and while added a note of elegance still kept in her style. (Maybe Mag is cursed to have bad cosmetics ~ there is that baguette inserted sideways Helm that won last time.../shudder)

And poor Frost missing out on two good skin options aswell (Hailstorm was my preferred one but i'd have gladly bought either)

Edited by AzureTerra

On 2/25/2016 at 3:33 AM, Stratego89 said:

So uh... could you guys possibly provide the reason why none of the various frost skins/helmets made it in? There were quite a few of them, some REALLY good- most looked high quality, suited the style of the game, and didn't appear at first glance to have any issues. I'm really REALLY disappointed right now- when this second round started the only person out of the batch I wanted to see get a skin was frost, I didn't even care much what it looked like, and (unless I'm forgetting someone) he's the only one who didn't get one...

EDIT: One of the zephyr skins is incredible. Good job to the creator (it looks kinda samurai/gundam looking imo).

Oh, well to clarify, only one helmet was posted before the deadline. The rest of the helmets (only 2) we're posted after.

As far as the two skins, I have no idea. There doesn't need to be a reason.
Though I suppose if you want speculations i.e. things to factor in, is there are possibilities that there are technical issues with it (or them) which would make it ineligible; or the possibly of copyright infringement (no matter how minor it is); or simply maybe one did qualify and was voted high enough (the thumbs up you give for any of the skins are a huge factor via interest), but upon reaching out to him/her, they didn't respond in time (if at all) for the studio to choose from the candidates.

But at the end of the day, if they didn't feel it was up to snuff, then it's their prerogative. But still, to get this out of the way, as far as I'm aware, only one helmet was eligible at the time (via Snowslide).

This also applies to the Mag skin a few have mentioned. Though why not both, I'd guess that 2+ skins from the same artist consistently maybe was a bit much, and if they had to choose, more likely in favor of a skin for a Warframe that doesn't have any skins, or very little of. Also factoring in that Mag already having 3 helmets and a skin available, it could be likely they wanted to spread the love more, since they opened up to more Warframes.

But like I said, I'm just speculating here, since there's literally nothing to go off of lol. But hey, just because none of the Frost's stuff got in this time, doesn't mean they were inherently bad or anything! I'm more than sure once the next round comes and there are possibly more Frost submissions (as far as variety is concerned), the store will definitely have something sooner than later lol. Hell, I don't remember if they mentioned what was the last two skins that was chosen when they were showing them off during the last Devstream, but maybe one of them (or both) was of the Frost(s) skin(s) or Helmet xD

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

4 hours ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

This also applies to the Mag skin a few have mentioned. Though why not both, I'd guess that 2+ skins from the same artist consistently maybe was a bit much, and if they had to choose, more likely in favor of a skin for a Warframe that doesn't have any skins, or very little of. Also factoring in that Mag already having 3 helmets and a skin available, it could be likely they wanted to spread the love more, since they opened up to more Warframes.

Doesn't hold much water when at least two Artists got two items in with the Poly-count comp and if the second part were true then why choose that skin over the more popular one when "mag has several items already available" which in itself hold little value as Excalibur keeps getting stuff and it has a lot more skins already than any other frame.

I'd like to believe that every skins are judged differently and individually. Mind that unlike polycount contest, tennogen is not a contest and there are no limited slots for winners. So there are no such things as "This skin didn't get accepted because the other skin got accepted", "This skin didn't get accepted because the author/warframe already have skins accepted". If a skin didn't get accepted, then the problem is with the skin itself. Whether it's because of technical or quality issue or DE simply didn't like it. It's the skin's own problem and has nothing to do with the other skins that got accepted.