The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can an Operator fight?

JaysInc

And what I mean by this is take away their Warframe. Give them a standard gun, sword, laser cannon.

Will they be able to effectively use the weapons in a given battlefield against enemy combatants like a controlled Warframe (Stance, maneuvers, etc.)?

5 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

Well no way of being sure.

They've been immobilized for a really long time, their muscles might not have the slightest strength even to get up in four legs*.

So let's say they have had the proper time to accumulate their muscle mass through rigorous training to eventually walk, will they be able to fight?

Edited by JaysInc

8 minutes ago, JaysInc said:

And what I mean by this is take away their Warframe. Give them a standard gun, sword, laser cannon.

Will they be able to effectively use the weapons in a given battlefield against enemy combatants like a controlled Warframe (Stance, maneuvers, etc.)?

From the second dream quest, the Tenno hand laser thing was REALLY damn strong. To move around? Barely, look how hard he had to crawl just to get to the Warframe [heard that Tenno get hurt by Shadow Stalker but not sure if true, I didn't see it happen when I played].

6 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

Well no way of being sure.

They've been immobilized for a really long time, their muscles might not have the slightest strength even to get up in four legs*.

Not everyone can be like Venom Snake, fastest recovery ever.

2 minutes ago, JaysInc said:

So let's say they have had the proper time to accumulate their muscle mass through rigorous training to eventually walk, will they be able to fight?

I dont think so, from what we could see from the Lore, aside from the Void bursts, they were normal child-soldiers (As if there is anything normal about child-soldiers), that never went to battle themselves. Compared to the Warframes, I imagine they are more squishy then a level 1 Crewman without Shields, they cant take what they can dish out.

Not to the degree of a Warframe, no. We know that Operators possess superhuman powers that are difficult to control without Transference, but whether or not the Void exposure has granted them enhanced physical prowess is still up in the air... since all the Operators were tucked in by the Lotus within the Second Dream.

12 minutes ago, JaysInc said:

i am pretty sure they can, just not be as acrobatic as usual, since warframes facilitate that.

However, the operator powers are ten folds stronger than channeling it by a warframe.  Albeit more mortal than ever.

Edited by Noabettiet

I doubt it, personally. They will likely understand how to operate the equipment, run maintenance and combat theory as that's all the mental things they'd have accrued from however long they've been operating the Warframes...with potentially extra knowledge remembered since 'waking up'. Lucid dreaming isn't true consciousness, after all...and then you've got the simple mess of the muscle memory being for a physique vastly different to their natural one. Warframes being largely similar physically, let alone likely heavily augmented bodies compared to a basic human's upper limits...far less disconnect between what they know and what the body inhabited is capable.

As for the whole Void related capacities...sure. A short lived, high intensity beam is relatively potent...but that's very specific and very limited, saying nothing of the genuine risk factor being physically present would cause; a single bullet is all it'd take to permanently eliminate them...and each faction employs significant amount of force in the majority of situations. So I'm largely going to argue that if the Operators ever end up in a situation where they need to defend themselves physically, like at the end of the quest, something has gone horrifically, unbelievably wrong.

End of the day, it'd be the most Glass Cannon you'd probably be able to get for a 'normal' human. Which...kind of comes back to why Transference is likely a thing in the first place. Sure, Operators posses expansive power...but it's all unrefined and hard to control. Warframes, you know what a given frame is capable of doing and in good hands, is far more than sufficient for any obstacle thrown against them. And of course, the muscular damage could actually be part of the price paid for the whole capability to wield the Void in the first place. "Phenomenal Cosmic power!...[size=1]itty bitty living space[/size]"

Any rate, apologies for going on.

the operator cant live long outside a tranferance chamber so the argument is moot. but suppose they could live without it... then we need to factor in how much recoil/force each weapon gives so the only guns I can see a 13-15 year old immortal child soldier using without it cracking their skulls open are corpus weps as they are mostly plasma/rail/coilgun based so in theory they shouldn't have much recoil at all if any.

as for grineer or tenno weapons... tenno weps are meant to be used by a warframe's extreme strength so bows, shotguns, etc souldnt be wieldable by any human. as for grineer... I think it was stated somewhere that their weapons are adjusted to their augments so a normal human would break their shoulder if they try to fire something like a Hek or Vulkar. however I don't remember where so this might just be headcannon that I think is true...

Edited by McDuffMan
changing a few words/spell errors.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

The 2nd dream quest to me seemed to indicate the stalker was a former operator or something very similar.  He is on par / beyond warframe capablity.

Well, if you pay attention enough, you'll see the Stalker's a recolored and modified Excalibur. Since we now know that Warframes aren't actually suits we could assume that the Stalker may be a rogue, self-aware Warframe (which could explain his mechanical voice). It seems less far-fetched when remembering that our own Warframe protected us at the end of the Second Dream without interacting with the Operator. But then again, he may just be an operator who hollowed out a frame to use as armor, and I'm just nothing more than a crazy man rambling on about living and self-concious warframes.

4 hours ago, JaysInc said:

Can a gamer fight?

And what I mean by this is take away their mouse+keyboard/controller. Give them a standard gun, sword, laser cannon.

FTFY

1 hour ago, McDuffMan said:

the operator cant live long outside a tranferance chamber so the argument is moot. but suppose they could live without it... then we need to factor in how much recoil/force each weapon gives so the only guns I can see a 13-15 year old immortal child soldier using without it cracking their skulls open are corpus weps as they are mostly plasma/rail/coilgun based so in theory they shouldn't have much recoil at all if any.

as for grineer or tenno weapons... tenno weps are meant to be used by a warframe's extreme strength so bows, shotguns, etc souldnt be wieldable by any human. as for grineer... I think it was stated somewhere that their weapons are adjusted to their augments so a normal human would break their shoulder if they try to fire something like a Hek or Vulkar. however I don't remember where so this might just be headcannon that I think is true...

The bit about grineer weapons having enough kick to break your shoulder is true, and they use their armor as a way to soften the blow, I believe that it was cordylon that let us know. I don't remember anything about operator not being able to live long outside a transference chamber. The operator just can't control the warframe anywhere near as well as they could using it.

I think they'll be as effective as a present day soldier. They'll be able to learn how to use a firearm effectively, but things like melee and complex maneuvers are most likely completely out of their reach. In terms of their power, they can use it for sure but it's most likely not going to be very controlled and would cause problems when they use it. After all, the warframe is essentially a means for them to harness and use their abilities safely.

Thy quite effective against the Sentients faction. As the Sentients can't handle void energy. Then theirs how much muscle they. Seeing how they collapse and can't walk by themselves, they need rigious training by Teshin. At most I can see them doing samething as a Hostage we see in Sortie Defence