The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban, the cursed frame you will never get.

(PSN)Dargondarkfire

Question

20 minutes ago, ntyd1s said:

Every alert listed items will turn up at least once a month.

Get an alert app on your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deathsnacks.wardroid

Actually this frame has not had the helm alert in months on XB1. Same as above the system and chassis multiple times. I have it and dont really care about it but I watch the alerts all the time and feel for anyone that is suffering the BS that is the helm alert or better yet the lack there of....

14 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Actually this frame has not had the helm alert in months on XB1. Same as above the system and chassis multiple times. I have it and dont really care about it but I watch the alerts all the time and feel for anyone that is suffering the BS that is the helm alert or better yet the lack there of....

I know, I saw system and chassis pop up within hours of eachother, the app list said helmet didn't show up before, stayed up fairly late, checked the next day on the app and it never showed up.

I think DE should consider adding Vauban to the list of tradeable warframes (only Nezha at the moment), along with Ivara, since all of their parts are acquired through distinct levels of RNG. I'm not in favor or against RNG-based means of acquisition, but I do think Nezha set a precedent that should be respected.

I personally have been stockpiling Vauban parts since I built him just in case they would ever reverse their stance on his parts and make them trabeable. They probably wouldn't even be worth anything but honestly I'd be happy to just give them away to people who need just that one last part they can't seem to pick up.

1 minute ago, BlazerEraser said:

If you have a smartphone, download the twitter app, make an account, follow warframe alerts, let twitter notify at all times on your phone, enjoy the constant tweets. It's a good way to not miss a potato alert or invasion.

I have 2 alert apps on my phone, one is set only to vauban helmet. It has not speared in weeks.

11 hours ago, NoggDog117 said:

iaSznI5.gif

not really down to RNG for most people. If you cant have the opportunity to get on at any point in the day/night. It's pretty much impossible.

(i know technically it is, but it's more than just RNG it's pure bullS#&$)

13 hours ago, (PS4)Dargondarkfire said:

That's right. He is cursed, I see chassis, system, chassis, system. His helmet however, it doesn't exsist. What sort of ritual do I need to get you to put his helmet in my ps4 alert list?

Bounced from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Dargondarkfire said:

That's right. He is cursed, I see chassis, system, chassis, system. His helmet however, it doesn't exsist. What sort of ritual do I need to get you to put his helmet in my ps4 alert list?

I hate to say this OP, but you missed the helmet within the last week or two. I remember seeing it and thinking, they must be doing another rotation of his parts again. That's when I noticed the chassis and systems pop up recently. If you don't mind buying him, Darvo sometimes has him for 50% off also like he did for Ember the other day.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CowboyJeff72 said:

I hate to say this OP, but you missed the helmet within the last week or two. I remember seeing it and thinking, they must be doing another rotation of his parts again. That's when I noticed the chassis and systems pop up recently. If you don't mind buying him, Darvo sometimes has him for 50% off also like he did for Ember the other day.

If I missed it, then it was while I was 1000 miles away from my ps4 at my grandmother's funeral :(

On 1.3.2016 at 5:29 AM, (PS4)Dargondarkfire said:

What sort of ritual do I need to get you to put his helmet in my ps4 alert list?

Don't hunt for the items. Look for something different and the alert for the last part will just appear out of thin air.

This is my main strategy for for void missions and important alerts. Here is an example: When I was hunting for the Paris Prime I got tons of forma blueprints. When I was hunting for forma I got all missing Paris Prime parts.

There seems to be one universal rule for warframe: Dont look for it and it will find you. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)CowboyJeff72 said:

If I missed it, then it was while I was 1000 miles away from my ps4 at my grandmother's funeral :(

2 hours ago, k0Sh_wf said:

Don't hunt for the items. Look for something different and the alert for the last part will just appear out of thin air.

This is my main strategy for for void missions and important alerts. Here is an example: When I was hunting for the Paris Prime I got tons of forma blueprints. When I was hunting for forma I got all missing Paris Prime parts.

There seems to be one universal rule for warframe: Dont look for it and it will find you. 

Funny thing is, is that there are going to be other people hunting for it thus me not looking for it won't hrlp. Lol.

On 01/03/2016 at 5:29 AM, (PS4)Dargondarkfire said:

How long have you been trying to get him? Took me nearly a year before I got all his parts. Getting one of the alert apps for your smartphone is a great help for these kinds of limited time alerts. That and a bit of luck, of course.

It's not like there isn't enough other stuff to be done in the meantime ;)

6 hours ago, marelooke said:

How long have you been trying to get him? Took me nearly a year before I got all his parts. Getting one of the alert apps for your smartphone is a great help for these kinds of limited time alerts. That and a bit of luck, of course.

It's not like there isn't enough other stuff to be done in the meantime ;)

Do I count the over a year long break I was away from the game? If so... since vauban launched. Whenever I used to see his helmet pop up, it was in a mission I was locked out of.

On 3/1/2016 at 6:04 PM, TheGreatBB said:

I saw the Vaubaun helmit pop last night. Then again, I'm on PC. 

I am on PC too, sadly I never noticed. Must be other (impossible) timezone or something.

Anyways alerts I really want only pop when I am at work and/or overseas so yeah...

On 3/1/2016 at 5:51 AM, ntyd1s said:

Every alert listed items will turn up at least once a month.

Once a month ? I don't believe this at all. If there was a Vauban Helmet alert on Feb 29 (sounds typical on the day tht only comes every 4 years) than it was the first since spring 2015 or my alert (deathsnacks com for someone who is at the PC 12 hours a day fairly easy) doesn't work.

I refuse to care about Vauban until some misclick gives me the helmet by accident in 2019.