Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should the Rotation C be reduced to 15th Minutes and Waves

Niliam

With fake mission fail and fake disconnection issue still prominent since around Update 7, with countless hours and works lost across the Tennos in the galaxy.

I am thinking, should the Rotation C be reduce to 15th minutes and wave, which means:

Rotation A=5th minutes and waves,

Rotation B= 10th minutes and waves and

Rotation C= 15th minutes and waves.

This way, atleast when fake mission fail and fake disconnection issue comes up, we will be reducing the time lost in survival to 20ish minutes and 20ish wave in defence.

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Nah, rotations should offer increasingly more chances to get rarer rotation rewards as time goes on.

A,A,B,C,A,B,B,C,A,B,C,C, with anything above 60 minutes repeating the last cycle (A,B,C,C).

While i would support this idea you just provided here, it is completely the opposite of what the OP wants. He got problems with disconnects and mission fails when key holder gets out, so that wouldn't fix the OP's problem in any way.

well, it would make a little more sense, but I think it would be making the game too easy in a sense, since enemies don't really step up until after Rotation C. you'd basically be getting rare parts for killing cannon fodder, and there's already people saying the game is too easy as it is.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
typo, my old friend, good to see you!

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Nah, rotations should offer increasingly more chances to get rarer rotation rewards as time goes on.

A,A,B,C,A,B,B,C,A,B,C,C, with anything above 60 minutes repeating the last cycle (A,B,C,C).

60 Mins to get to the Double Cs? I dont think I can play that long without boredoom starting to settle in at 35 mins.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

While i would support this idea you just provided here, it is completely the opposite of what the OP wants. He got problems with disconnects and mission fails when key holder gets out, so that wouldn't fix the OP's problem in any way.

Sorry, my bad.

Disconnect issues are separate from RNG woes however, and we know that they're improving heavily on keeping mission rewards in case of d/cs. If the reason OP wants quicker rewards is disconnect issues, it's generally smarter to attempt to fix what causes the disconnect issues instead of changing another system to band aid the original problem.

Something like Sorties' Survival and Defense would be good to apply (nearly) everywhere in the game : compressing the difficulty and the loot in a shorter time span. It would help fix your problem and the fact it's really boring to wait 40min to get some challenge.

26 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

And this idea or something like that would give a meaning to long run, aside from challenging yourself.

I don't think implementing them like that would be good though, because it would ease the farm so much it would probably break most of the game economic balance. But working from that base would be a step in the right direction to reduce the grind wall, at least for "high level players".

Fixing the disconnection issues is an entirely separate issue to altering drop rotation.

The problem crops up that you can't guarantee anything when you're operating on a peer-to-peer network system.

The only way I know of to "fix" those types of issues would be to somehow guarantee every system and every network uplink is 100% stable.

If you think that's possible... perhaps you'd like to buy a bridge?

On the issue of drop rotations, however... the concept that aurora has mentioned has been bandied about for a very long time. (I've advocated for exactly that rotation system since they first released the data about rotations to begin with) It would definitely be a boon to players, and actually give a reason to spend more than 20 minutes in a match. (other than saving keys)

48 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

If you maths your long run out, it would turn out to be excatly what I proposed.

Your is 4 chance of rotation C in 60 minutes, mine is also 4 chance of rotation C in 60 minutes.

Only thing yours is bad, is that people will continues to suffer more at the hand of fake mission fail and fake disconnection due to long run.

While mine, gives everybody equal chance at all rotations, and can leave at 15th minutes to save the reward, and not suffer the wraith of fake mission fail and fake disconnections.

9 minutes ago, xethier said:

Fixing the disconnection issues is an entirely separate issue to altering drop rotation.

The problem crops up that you can't guarantee anything when you're operating on a peer-to-peer network system.

The only way I know of to "fix" those types of issues would be to somehow guarantee every system and every network uplink is 100% stable.

If you think that's possible... perhaps you'd like to buy a bridge?

On the issue of drop rotations, however... the concept that aurora has mentioned has been bandied about for a very long time. (I've advocated for exactly that rotation system since they first released the data about rotations to begin with) It would definitely be a boon to players, and actually give a reason to spend more than 20 minutes in a match. (other than saving keys)

There is certainly not a problem for a player or a group of player to challenge themselves to a 20+ run.

But these challenge should not be force to ALL other player, and suffer the wraith of fake mission fail and fake disconnect.

For all you want, no one is stop them from challenging themselves to a long run.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, it would make a little more sense, but I think it would be making the game too easy in a sense, since enemies don't really step up until after Rotation C. you'd basically be getting rare parts for killing cannon fodder, and there's already people saying the game is too easy as it is.

I have no problem if DE increase the enemy level from the Rotation A to give player more challenge for reduced time in the mission.

Currently, I think the starting level at T4S is 25, I don't mind if they change it to 30.

5 minutes ago, Niliam said:

If you maths your long run out, it would turn out to be excatly what I proposed.

Your is 4 chance of rotation C in 60 minutes, mine is also 4 chance of rotation C in 60 minutes.

Only thing yours is bad, is that people will continues to suffer more at the hand of fake mission fail and fake disconnection due to long run.

While mine, gives everybody equal chance at all rotations,

Your problem is not a droptable problem but a connection issue one, so the natural cause of action would be to fix the problems arising from said connective issues, like keeping your rewards in case of a D/C or more reliable squad rejoining. Since that's being worked on right now there's no need to fundamentally change the way rewards work.

I don't think changing the initial rotation would resolve disconnection issues or players leaving at all. That's it's own issue that needs to be rectified for multi and single player disconnections.

I do think that after the first 20 minutes, the second A rotation should be removed so it becomes "A, A, B, C, A, B, C, A, B, C." Making longer runs more valuable but not making them just easier/paying out more "rare" rewards until after the first 20minutes which they're supposedly balanced for.

12 minutes ago, Sorkheff said:

I don't think changing the initial rotation would resolve disconnection issues or players leaving at all. That's it's own issue that needs to be rectified for multi and single player disconnections.

I do think that after the first 20 minutes, the second A rotation should be removed so it becomes "A, A, B, C, A, B, C, A, B, C." Making longer runs more valuable but not making them just easier/paying out more "rare" rewards until after the first 20minutes which they're supposedly balanced for.

That actually seems reasonable.

Fm4M5B0.jpg

15 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Your problem is not a droptable problem but a connection issue one, so the natural cause of action would be to fix the problems arising from said connective issues, like keeping your rewards in case of a D/C or more reliable squad rejoining. Since that's being worked on right now there's no need to fundamentally change the way rewards work.

When DE says soon, you can expect two years, and still soon.

When DE says working on it, you can expect three years and still working on it.(MR system)

14 minutes ago, Sorkheff said:

It reduces the loss Tenno will suffer, we don't want to suffer the loss that is not even our fault.

And longer this fake mission fail and fake disconnection is not getting fixed, the longer runs only makes it worse.

6 minutes ago, Niliam said:

It reduces the loss Tenno will suffer, we don't want to suffer the loss that is not even our fault.

What makes you think your proposed changes would be implemented faster than what  they already said they are working on? Better protection from loss of progress is also reducing the loss Tenno will suffer.

4 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

What makes you think your proposed changes would be implemented faster than what  they already said they are working on? Better protection from loss of progress is also reducing the loss Tenno will suffer.

Cause Change AABC to ABC is very darn easy.

While the protection from loss of progress has to do with actual mission failure.

It used to be all progress saved even mission failed, but then forum cried that to punish the people who abort.

And DE listened, now also punishing the innocence.

Change AABC to ABC is easier for DE, then get a system that recognise genuine mission fail, and fake mission fail.

It would also be faster, meaning less suffer to innocent Tennos. 

I remember when it was said they were going to buff the rewards in other endless modes to how quickly we used to get rewards in excavation.

Before they nerfed the rate at which you could get excavation rewards.

Not holding my breath, but still a little mad and hope they change things for the better in the long run.

8 minutes ago, Niliam said:

Cause Change AABC to ABC is very darn easy.

No, it's not because the entire reward pool for void missions has to be reconsidered. Working on two changes to solve the problem instead of focusing on bringing out one and seeing if that fixes the problem is stupid.

4 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No, it's not because the entire reward pool for void missions has to be reconsidered. Working on two changes to solve the problem instead of focusing on bringing out one and seeing if that fixes the problem is stupid.

What?

Edited by Niliam